Aeolian spinning for nothing ...

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
cortejuan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Aeolian spinning for nothing ...

by cortejuan » 06/12/12, 15:15

Hello,

interesting information from our German neighbors (echos of 28 11 2012) on wind energy:
421 GWh were lost in 2011 (127 in 2010). Wind turbines spin in a vacuum. The reasons are the uncontrolled development of new energies, that is to say the absence of a global vision and in this case the lack of development of adequate means of transporting clean energy. Basically, southern Germany lacks energy with the closure of nuclear sites, the north is full of energy with wind power but there are no lines to carry it.

I was going to see a report in the USA which said the same thing; we make clean energy but we cannot use it because the lines are insufficient.

When we think that some like us scratch the Wh here and there and that we waste megawatts with a management of the nuclear post as irresponsible ...

see you
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Wind turbines that spin for nothing ...

by chatelot16 » 06/12/12, 15:31

cortejuan wrote: Wind turbines spin in a vacuum. The reasons are the uncontrolled development of new energies, that is to say the absence of a global vision and in this case the absence of development of adequate means of transport of clean energy.

it's a way of looking a little upside down

If the wind turbines produce more than you can transport, it's a pretty good sign!

it is rather a sign that it is producing more than we had expected and that it is time to build or reinforce high voltage lines!

and there is no meter on the wind: that wind turbines make too much energy on the days of strong wind does not prevent to build another to have more energy on the days of low wind ... or to build elsewhere so as not to produce at the same time

it will also be useful to make variable tariffs to encourage consumers to consume when there is electricity on the back ... both washing machines and water heaters in private homes and lots of machines in the industry , of which only the daily production counts and whose exact hours of operation could be adapted to the price of electricity
Last edited by chatelot16 the 06 / 12 / 12, 15: 38, 1 edited once.
0 x
cortejuan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by cortejuan » 06/12/12, 15:36

Hello,

see backwards? While we don't consume these clean MegaWs, we consume coal right?

The bottle can be seen half full or half empty, I know ...

more
0 x
Mathew
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Mathew » 06/12/12, 18:33

The link: It runs empty

It reminds me of the funny situation in Ireland, which I know well since I studied there for 3 years: it is the country of Europe which has the best wind and tidal resources, notably its west coast.
Once the administrative difficulties have passed, there is simply no 110kV network to carry the electricity. By the 20 or 38kV network, this simply leads to 100% loss in 50 km.
We had a conference by a company that installed its wind turbine, they are on the West Coast: it is used for self-production (factory that runs 24/24) to reduce the bill. They voluntarily chose a small wind turbine so as not to have to inject on the network:
electrical and administrative simplicity, reduced investment.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/12/12, 18:41

Watch out for rhetoric!

A wind turbine will never turn for nothing, in the sense that it is not a waste of energy (like the flares of refineries or a car in a plug or a door left open in winter), it is only a potential lack exploitable energy!

Strictly speaking, we can say that a wind turbine that turns "in a vacuum" is like before when there was no wind turbine ... neither more nor less ... there is no waste or whatever spit on wind turbines (the electrician lobbies are there ... yes if).

There is a shade them journalists are afraid of not being competent to pass!
0 x
Mathew
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Mathew » 06/12/12, 18:46

I just saw: we can perhaps move this message in the right section : Wink:
0 x
cortejuan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by cortejuan » 06/12/12, 20:25

Hi,

yes, except that a wind farm costs money in maintenance (unless you show me the opposite) and that it is better to have a slightly smarter approach while thinking of the whole project at the start rather than wondering about the route after.

Think of a farmer who would start growing apple trees and rubbing his hands the first year by saying that he was nice. I got 140 tonnes of apples! Well I have no outlet but I think about it, it's still great isn't it? Next year I will have 450 tonnes of apples still without outlet but it is happiness ...

See you
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 06/12/12, 20:42

give full information!

421 GWh are lost ... well not lost, but could have been produced and were not due to insufficient network

but the rest of the year how many TWh were produced?

it's a bit like the peasant who complains that he couldn't sell 100kg of apple after having sold 10 tonnes ... will he cut his trees with a chainsaw for that?

the wind is a highly variable thing, there will always be days when the wind will blow more than necessary ... where is the problem?

it is exactly the same for hydroelectric plants on the water on large rivers ... when there is a reservoir dam when there is no need for power we let the reservoir fill up ... but for dams along the water when there is no need for power the water goes directly and its energy is lost ... where is the problem?

having too much energy I would like this problem to happen often!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 07/12/12, 15:58

Another version, with a slightly different tone:

http://www.lemonde.fr/planete/article/2 ... _3244.html

And possible solutions:

http://www.actu-environnement.com/ae/ne ... 16424.php4

In short, we can say what we want with a few figures. When the poet shows the moon, the fool looks at the finger!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 07/12/12, 16:18

Now, let's calculate a little:

- total gross electricity production from Germany in 2009: 591 TWh

- share of wind power in 2010 = 7%

Or: 41,4 TWh = 41 GWh (assumption: no large variation in total production between 400 and 2009)

The article talks about 421 GWh lost in 2011 ...

So: 1% of 2010 production (slightly less compared to 2011 wind production - installed wind power increased from 27 MW in 191 to 2010 MW in 29; this allows production to be estimated at 075 GWh , so it would be 2011%)

When everyone at home, we will have stopped wasting stupidly the 10% of electricity by forgetting to turn off unnecessary lights, forgetting to turn off our computers, by air conditioning when the temperature is still supportable (offices in particular), etc. etc. .. we can afford the luxury of decrying the Germans and what supposedly whatever !!!

This 1% is of course a shame. It is all the same extremely marginal. And obviously temporary (time to adapt the THT networks centered on the south where the nuclear park was located towards the north where the wind farm is located). With some red tape.

Me, I would like us to align the 99% that remain !!!!!

For your information:

- wind power installed in late 2010 in Germany: 27 MW
- in France: 5 MW

This need to highlight a any small temporary defect to discredit a sector, it's really annoying. In short, these articles which shout so loudly in subliminal: "let's continue with our wonderful nuclear"! make me throw up!

It just took me minutes to collect the data.

NO French JOURNALIST can do it ... ????? Well, they should have enough general knowledge to find their way around the units and make the difference between power and amount of energy. It is not won !

What a bastard republic !!!
0 x