Piggott Wind Turbine @Technistub

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
emlaurent
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Piggott Wind Turbine @Technistub

by emlaurent » 18/10/12, 11:42

Hello,

Technistub, open workshop-laboratory in Alsace offers a special session around a Piggott type wind turbine project!

The wind turbine is produced by one of the members of the association. It is a Piggott 1.80m in diameter (in 250W of electrical power) with mechanical feathering, 3 fixed blades, a generator wound flat ... Its advantage is that it is very well documented by its designer which facilitates the realization in DIY.
See here for more info

The generator and the nacelle with the wind vane and the feathering are already done. It remains to do the mast, the blades and the charge control electronics.
Technistub offers you a small presentation of this wind turbine with all the technical elements and practical realization. In the process, we would like to do a group reflection to find techniques for making the blades and electronics:

- For the blades, the classic Piggott wind turbine is made by cutting wooden profiles by hand, the profile is therefore basic and not very effective. We could improve things by using a complex profile and a CNC cutting of Technistub or with composite ...

- For control electronics: the battery charging system is fairly basic, but you have to think of safety systems like the discharge system when the battery is full and possibly redundancies.

Want to know more about this wind turbine and lend a hand to advance the wind turbine?
Come to Technistub Friday October 26 at 19:30 p.m.
Beginning of the presentation at 20 p.m. for 1 hour then we brainstorm solutions with those who want it.

A+
Emmanuel
0 x
emlaurent
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by emlaurent » 25/10/12, 12:06

Some pictures of the wind turbine.
Just to give Caesar what belongs etc ...: the wind turbine is not mine but a member of Technistub!

larger images are on Technistub's blog
A+
0 x
jsdu19
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by jsdu19 » 24/02/13, 14:42

hi, well your project, but IMHO having chosen 8 magnets for 6 coils is not tip top for electrical production, you need 3 magnets per phase for the alternative so in this case 9 magnets minimum, for continuous 2 magnets per phase so here at least 6.
0 x