Sizing concrete base small wind turbine

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Ruthenian
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Sizing concrete base small wind turbine

by Ruthenian » 27/07/12, 23:07

Good evening,
I am digging my hole for my concrete base.
My machine is a black 600. On the doc, they talk about mounting a mast which resists 3250Nm.
Or for a height of 12 meters, 3.9Tonnes.
Do you agree with that?
For the base, I therefore planned at least 1,6 m 3 of concrete.
A depth of 1,2 to 1,5 m (if I get there because I am in rock) on 1 m side.
Will the mat resist?
It is a 12-meter reinforced petitjean mat.
I wonder what safety coefficient applies these equipment manufacturers because in view of the characteristics I will be at the limit in the case where the turbine is in standby or in safety mode. If it isn't. Hye.

Has anyone made this type of foundation?
0 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 28/07/12, 05:43

:P
Not yet, but it's in the boxes.
Are you articulated at the base?
Petit-jean does everything: for lighting for EDF for video surveillance, signaling, for wind power ... Very serious
My mat is heavier but not as tall as yours: the stress will be close. I think that a square of a meter diagonal for the base is more than enough.

Wind mast that broke at the base

Articulated little jeans

In general (aluminum for lighting)

In this photo I just understood how to fix my 4 hooks in the concrete (which are 60 cm long)
0 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru
Ruthenian
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Ruthenian » 28/07/12, 10:08

Hi Plasmanu.
Yes, it will be articulated at the base on a double-acting hydraulic cylinder of 570-970mm for 2.5T (more than enough). It is not a petitjean but the equivalent French manufacturing also (ghm) a little less bastard on paper (20% less). Reinforced candelabra. It is around 180 kg. I dropped the made in china because it is too expensive (and yes).
I am in the process of making the plans for the parts for machining and cutting. The foundation hole is underway (hard hard in the rock). As soon as it is finished, chaining, formwork, concrete pouring and concrete drying minimum 3 weeks.
Then part machining and adaptation of the candelabrum. Painting of it and at the end of September the machine will be operational. I think to put the anemometer 50 cm below the tip of the wind turbine blade for my wind surveys (if someone could confirm the location it would be cool).
0 x
swallowtail
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

concrete base wind turbine

by swallowtail » 18/10/12, 00:25

Hello
for my part I opted for another alternative:

- cross-reinforced concrete base with branch of approx. 1 ml each (this reduces the theft of concrete and increases the concrete / soil interface)

- octagonal conical public lighting pole in galva steel from 7 to 10m high with possibility of going up to 12m by welding end to end an entire pole + 1 section of another pole) and then plug in the top of the small mast supporting the '' wind turbine (up to diam 50mm possible), with adjustable axial alignment thanks to the 8 original 10mm top bolts on the posts
Welding of a 20mm axle (threaded rod M8,8 or smooth) on one side of the square base of the post. This axis pivots in 2 angles L (60x60x6 galva), they themselves sealed in the concrete each by 2 threaded rods 16mm.
+ 4 threaded rods 20mm vertically sealed in the concrete, locking the mast in the vertical position with 4 nuts 20mm.

All that for 40 €, if you find not far from your home an electricity network company, which regularly assembles and dismantles LV lines, and you will also find aluminum cable 4x70mm2 or 4x25mm2 (150ml in my case for the equivalent from 30 € shock:) for a ridiculous price .....

The guy line also makes it possible to considerably reduce the inertia of the necessary concrete base, and one of the guy lines is used for lifting or lowering the pylon by small mechanical winch.
As for the anemometer (made with a wire velo counter and ping pong tot = € 15), I placed it 70cm below the blade tips on a pole to keep it away from the turbulence of the rotor and the pylon , with the disadvantage of a sensor vibration (resonance) at a single wind speed.
Follow 3 photos of the unfinished realization at the time.

It is on it is not at all cooked, but it is unbeatable financially speaking with the satisfaction of recycling stuff intended for scrap ...
:
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 18/10/12, 00:56

Very nice work, simple and cheap, well done with very good method, with small winch !!!

Only problem the trees as high and not far which disturb by making swirls ????
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 18/10/12, 01:20

It's a bit light ...

If you have 3.8 T x 12 meters + the force of the wind, it will make you several tens of tons (force x lever arm .... = 50t?)

So if the foundations will hold on to the mast, in the event of a risk of colapse, the weak link will be the earth which risks letting go! Especially if it is loosened after heavy rain and soggy soil.

Especially since it does not seem "frost-free", so you may weaken everything with very negative temperatures ... since the coef of retraction / expansion of steel is not the same as concrete, there may be loss of adhesion of the reinforcement, which will no longer do its job well, which will weaken the whole.

I will not comment on the calculation of the moments and the calculation of structure - it's done, it's done ... - but at the very least, I would charge on top, with 1m of soil, to cover all these foundations and Put them frost free. With a good meter of overflow all around and circular in shape => possibly with a mortar made up of earth and cement at the base and a bonding area on the existing cement, superficially, using a perforator and burin (there are some at 50 € at the hard-discount) except towards the fixing of the mast of course ....

http://lidl.dofollow.be/?id=33732
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 18/10/12, 02:05

The essential, double shrouds have been forgotten by Obamot !!
They have no leverage to support.

Check that they are elastic enough with shock absorbers, so as not to break by the repeated shocks of the wind by inertia, like a hammer, which can break them.

The weight of the post is low and therefore the effect of the frost is immaterial, even if the base moves a little.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 18/10/12, 14:27

Basically: Can Dedeleco say that these foundations are "frost-free":

Of course not, so he tells us big bad guys to put himself forward, as usual!

Did he make the connection between the narrow width of these foundations compared to the height of the mast and the calculation of the moments? Always not! Does he know the section of the cables and how much they can collect? Still not ...

It is AT LEAST necessary to cover that, it's not a big job: period!
It will not guarantee that it will not break the geule, but it will eliminate a very weak point that is obvious.

In details

- this is proof that I do not have "forget it"!
- I already said that I did not go into structural calculations in detail (I never did and never will in a forum, firstly because as the owner of the project, the law forbids me in my corner, and secondly because when I do not master all the data of a problem, I refrain from saying than "its good»Lol)
- I do not have to comment on the shrouds, given the above. But I would like to see the geule of these after a storm after a thrust of 50t, with loose and soggy soil and a loss of adhesion of the steels in the concrete, having suffered frost ...
- when I say it's "light", it's because it's light! I did not do all my lessons in static and resistance of materials to give lip service. Besides, everyone can do a multiplication!
- I already explained why the shrouds were not considered a satisfactory solution (turning or lateral winds ... a boat can turn to face the wind, here we do how to turn the planet ... lol) I had already explained it in Plasmanu's thread. They will oppose me the fact that the wind turbine turns on its axis, I don't know, I don't have the parameters which I abstain from: but better to prevent than cure: freezing is a problem to be resolved, without having done any calculation, it is essential!

By cons Dedeleco, yes, HIM "he can everything":
- without having checked anything on site (section of armatures, calculation of moments, etc.);
- without having measured the soil resistance with the densitometer;
- nor have sufficient technical data on the mat;
- and of course without being a BAT technician ...

He "he can", blindly, give an informed opinion by judging this construction: "well done and with a very good method " lol.

: Mrgreen: : Cheesy: Dede is really the king of the chestnut ... But in BA it sucks!
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 18/10/12, 16:58

We make fun of the ground for a pole not heavy little more than the wind turbine, with the guy wires with springs, it can move a lot, without risks !!!

The weight of the base is greater than the post. This type of lighting pole, I have already seen it well inclined on the road, with the ground having moved under the trucks next to it and with the wind, this without shrouds !!!

Obamot therefore confuses this light, guyed post with houses weighing 30 to 100 tonnes on foundations, and which break within 1 cm of ground movement.

By the way, where is the beautiful house of the Pisa tower type in the middle of a Chinese rice field ???

If nothing of the minimum that I had proposed cheap, has not been done, it must continue to sink into the rice field ???

The post does not seem to be placed in a rice field, him !!!
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 18/10/12, 17:32

Here, it's strange, Dedeleco, confuses the weight of a light bulb VS a wind turbine : Mrgreen: : Cheesy:
0 x