A new type of wind machine!

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
manitou22
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

A new type of wind machine!

by manitou22 » 18/06/12, 21:51

Hello,
Please note, these are not wind turbines !!!
http://news.discovery.com/tech/wind-power-without-the-blades.html
To see
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 19/06/12, 13:33

Use reed or bamboo type rods full of piezoelectric converters shaken by the wind, has a low efficiency, on which these links are silent, because the energy of the wind is recovered by its push or force on surfaces, which give a power proportional to the speed of movement of this surface.

The optimal speed at maximum power is one third of the wind speed.

So these bamboos have no large surface against the wind, therefore low force, and do not move quickly, attached to their base, far away from the wind speed, therefore low yield.

Modern wind turbines verify these two principles, with amplification by the typical lift of an airplane wing.

So many variants of bamboo or leaves stirred in the wind will have a low yield per m2.

Except extreme simplicity, not expensive, (not the case here) they have no interest.
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 19/06/12, 15:38

"Holocaust deniers of reality, a long tradition "

From Dede !!!
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 19/06/12, 16:31

Well...

Yes Alain G, I do not understand either how we can zap so easily on the calculation of the lever arm!

If we only recovered 30% of the force of the wind, it would be difficult to move the sailboats forward ... (Everyone will have noticed, moreover, that the higher you climb on a mast, the more the sails are surface reduced ... : Lol: Otherwise everything would explode: CQFD ...)

Not to mention the other "Forces", I really don't understand how it is that someone who claims to be a "physicist" also quickly neglects the basic rules of his discipline, such as mass law or the very important moment "Force (x) Lever arm", that the wind applies - as much on the sails of a boat - as on these very long artificial rods, with calculated flexibility ... (180 feet = 54 meters high anyway ...).

and a "Gentle breeze" of about 15 km / h (force 3 on the Beaufort scale) and deploying a force of about 1 kg / m2 on sails, would be found to be instantly multiplied by 50 times the initial force! (And just a little less in a phase of "release"In the case of these artificial bamboos ... difficult to calculate but absolutely not to neglect since we are then in the presence of inertial forces which will in turn find themselves amplified by the thrust of the wind ... but let's just stay on the calculation of the moment ... for simplicity!)

Therefore, even if it was not possible to recover "only" 30% of the initial "Force": this would be multiplied by the length and there would still be a usable force of 15 kg / m2.

A "Fresh wind"According to Beaufort and it will be 150 kg / m2, a"Great fresh»Not far from double (300 kg / m2) and for"Gusts of wind", up to 550 kg / m2 !!!

: Mrgreen: PS: I apologize to the community of Forum not to laugh at me with clever mathematical formulas that are incomprehensible to the forumtheir means, and if re-establishing the truth is considered here as "goad»Those who overestimate their own assessment (if I remain polite ...). And with those who take the opportunity to settle their accounts ...
Last edited by Obamot the 19 / 06 / 12, 16: 48, 1 edited once.
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 19/06/12, 16:45

Obamot Hi!

My answer tried to demonstrate the negativity of Dede!

To return to the original subject, we can compare this type of recovery to a magnet in front of a coil, if we move the rod it will produce energy but if on the other hand we stretch it on one side it will not produce, so for that it works well the wind must come by bourasque.

In the end it can very well be installed where there are squalls, where the conventional wind turbine does not perform!

Finally there is still something that escaped Dede I know everything that jumped on the subject again negatively! 8)
0 x

Alain
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 19/06/12, 17:02

: Shock:
0 x

Alain