Multi rotor wind turbine

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Multi rotor wind turbine

by bidouille23 » 09/03/12, 19:14

For those who do not know the thing here is a construction which started quite a while ago by Doug Selsam and which is promising I think, in any case it changes big blades;).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P55HfnGR ... _embedded#
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 09/03/12, 19:26

bof, what is the point of putting several propellers on the same tree? the second will be in the turbulance of the first and will not produce much

unless suspended by a large balon the tree is strongly inclined

but it will require a huge balon ... is the balon is never perfectly waterproof ... the renewal of the helium of the balon will cost infinitely more expensive than the electricity produced

in addition I do not even imagine the danger in case of unexpected landing of this spiky propeller tree

or worse, tree and balloon break with propeller going anywhere
0 x
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 09/03/12, 20:06

Chatelot has already tried to connect two water pumps of the same power together? well, it's the same thing, the power accumulates, on the rotary wind turbine this also works, and the goal is to make small blades where lil should be big for the same power so reduce energy costs at passage.

balloons is another subject that is also being tested :), the for are last tests it is true that we do not see the production but we see and we hear that it rotates (and quickly), and then a balloon that throws it is not very serious, the rotor falling if you are not underneath everything is fine, you would go for a walk under a wind turbine field you ??? by the way did you watch the video until the end ??? there are several balloons and not a big one in its test and it works.

http://www.ecosources.info/dossiers/Eol ... lin_ballon

And in the event of a 60 m blade failure you have already seen what it gives
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8D48g2Hvgow

Just because you don't see the point doesn't mean there isn't.
Still happy that there are people who don't stop at what only exists and who try to do something else.
I wish him all the success in the world on the contrary.

And for the landscape I also think that a line of small rotor is much more discreet than a huge rotor.

You wouldn't be a little chatelot spoiler;)

go distress take life on the bright side and be optimistic and open minded :) , and not convinced like that.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 09/03/12, 20:15

2 water pump in series it works very well because there is a pipe: the water is forced to go through the 2nd pump too

with 2 propellers the first propeller slows the wind, and as the air molecules do not disappear it means that the trajectory of the molecules deviate: the second propeller therefore has less wind, and the next even worse

we see this drawing with the dispersion of the air behind the wind turbine with the explanations on the limit of betz
0 x
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 09/03/12, 20:47

still happy that there are dreamers and people who try and not that convinced like you.

but you are right no doubt :) it's shit, and long live nuclear : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 09/03/12, 21:22

making wacky wind turbines that do not produce much is a way to make believe that nuclear power is the only solution

fortunately there are large wind turbines that produce! and we see a lot in the background of this video

there is certainly something to invent but do not waste your time in the obvious dead ends
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 09/03/12, 22:40

I have the same reactions as chatelot16, especially helium which will be missing very quickly on very precious earth, we can do in a kite, but the principle of making it simple and different, with lots of small systems in parallel, deserves to be very studied with lots of different possibilities.
We don't have to make multi-wind turbines, we can take anything stirring in the wind like a large flag and mount a system similar to that used to recover wave energy.
In my opinion much more original, but even more difficulties to make it valid.

Why is a big wind turbine better than a lot of very small ones occupying the same surface against the wind?
There is the price and the yield which improves and also the catch in the wind in the storms, for a large swept area.

If on the other hand this price per swept area is very low for small systems, then they are to be taken.
Currently 1m in diameter comes to around € 1000 which for the surface of a large windmill of 100m in diameter gives 100x100 = 10000 times more, or € 10million without counting the grid supports for all these 10000 wind turbines, or much more.
If the large wind turbine with fine blades is cheaper, then it is advantageous. moreover it has less wind resistance, which favors it even more.

It would be very different if we had a price 10 to 100 times lower for an element of 1 m in diameter.

It would be necessary to make GMO trees with leaves which by moving give electric current which grow all alone !!
Life succeeds by multiplying to make wood for free !!

We could make a large kite wiggling in the wind with a wire that generates electricity !!

He patented the large flying wing kite which goes up and down and uncoils and winds its son on a hub and thus makes electricity !!
It can be inexpensive to try with an automatically controlled lift paraglider.

We can also do the ski lift type with cables rotating between pylons, carrying blades or sails, which open in the wind which pushes and returns when closing.

The kite seems simple, cheap and profitable to me, if we manage to make it move quickly.

In addition it stores on the ground if stormy.

The cyclone tower on the sea lake also seems worthwhile to me.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 09/03/12, 23:12

the kite ... or rather the paraglider that goes up and down is very good to get the wind high enough when you can't afford to build a big mast, and that below it is full of big trees

of course it does not give a continuous power, but we can build several so that the production is continuous: while one pulls hard to unwind its cable the other folds down to descend as quickly as possible

it is not the desire that I miss to try ... except that in France it is not easy to have the authorization to clutter the sky ... especially not very far from a airport ... a large paraglider would be clearly visible to aircraft, but the cable would be a dangerous and inadmissible trap

dedeleco you saw a patent on this principle ... no way to invent anything, there is always one that copies by telepathy, and even going back in time ...

but it does not override the need for a mast: the paraglider must land somewhere when the wind becomes too weak: you could imagine that it remains at the top of a mast ready to inflate when the wind returns
0 x
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 10/03/12, 01:17

: Mrgreen: slow brain : Mrgreen: with balloons : Mrgreen:
0 x
vinzman
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by vinzman » 10/03/12, 06:55

His drive shaft must be under such stress from all sides that it can only condemn his project to never see the light of day.
Another thing: being the owner of the wind turbines that we see in the background, if I see this guy there approaching my installations as much with a device like this, I immediately call the police.

Otherwise, when I saw multi rotor, I expected to see counter-rotating wind turbines.

Fluid mechanics studies predict better performance than with a single rotor.

I found a lot of documentation on this subject:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Sle8xUWtNI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcStpg3i5V8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOW80tGbEYM

https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... JVkKcF.pdf

this one is misshapen but its design is interesting:

source:

http://www.greenengineers.ca/WindLab.htm
0 x