Still a wind generator project and personal

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
hurl22
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Still a wind generator project and personal

by hurl22 » 16/11/11, 13:11

Hello! New on this site, I have been browsing it for a long time for different projects. I tinker on my side of the stoves in gas bottles (see information site here: http://poeleabois.perso.sfr.fr), but that's not the point!
I start building a vertical axis wind turbine using a 200 liter container, and for that, I also start manufacturing a generator.
I know, the subject is widely explained, but here it is: all the answers are widely scattered and in three days of intensive research, I admit that it becomes a little painful to read everything to collect one or two concrete info!
So these are my questions:

1-Would it be possible to refocus this information a little scattered?
2-Would it be possible to "see" a concrete example from A to Z without going into math courts?

Calculations and other electronic tests are essential, but in my case, my projects are above all an experience of recovery, recycling, I try to "reproduce" a concrete experience!

sample questions:

1-how many turns on a generator of 9 turns and 24 magnets?
2-or did you find your magnets (too many sites, who to trust!)

Here! I hope I have been clear, and thanks to all of you, to succeed in my project and thanks to this, to share it with other people ...

Thank you all for your projects that make things happen and good day to you all ...
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 16/11/11, 13:38

1-Would it be possible to refocus this information a little scattered?
2-Would it be possible to "see" a concrete example from A to Z without going into math courts

big thankless and worse endless work on google !!!
Much harder than simple math, essential to identify orders of magnitude and avoid big mistakes !!
how many turns

a max which contains in the field of the magnet the largest possible, especially at low speed and a min at infinite speed very rare.
The diameter of the wire fixes the current and in the opposite direction, the number of turns multiplied by their surface and the speed of the magnets, the voltage

Otherwise copy what really works identically.
0 x
hurl22
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

it's obvious!

by hurl22 » 16/11/11, 13:53

I suspect that this birch is ungrateful, I am talking "possibly" of summarizing the conclusions of certain experiments here, not of google!

Finding the answer can discourage many people! Me, I'm stubborn, Breton, stubborn what ... Lots of pages to read (135 for sure!),

Some kind of conclusion page would be interesting!

Too much info you get the info as they say!

Far be it from me to belittle everyone's huge birch here, just to simplify access to the results, the how is essential and therefore deserves research!

But to the question: "does it work?", We are confronted with too much information before finding an answer!

Thank you in any case for answering me!

My main problem remains to get magnets!
Recovering them in recycling seems unlikely to me and I am drowning in front of the number of resellers ... shady!
0 x
Projéthée
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Projéthée » 16/11/11, 16:58

For magnets, I ordered some from Supermagnet or something similar. Good value for money and delivery OK.
For the rest, I can't help you.
0 x
hurl22
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by hurl22 » 16/11/11, 20:11

I thank you! How strong were your magnets? Basically, I feel myself ... I found 21 kg at 40 roros the 24 ... I hesitate to take less powerful, there are two of us on this project, the less we spend the better!
0 x
AXEAU
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by AXEAU » 16/11/11, 21:21

Hello hurl22.
I do not give you an answer to your project but I see that we have the same distractions. A little recovery and diversion of objects.
Here is a photo taken with the means at hand.

jlg
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 16/11/11, 21:48

I thank you! How strong were your magnets? Basically, I feel myself ... I found 21 kg at 40 roros the 24 ... I hesitate to take less powerful, there are two of us on this project, the less we spend the better!

It is advisable to properly design the project, understanding it with a few calculations to avoid regrets:
Magnet force is not its power and this force is proportional to the surface of the magnet.
Induction characterizes the material and care must be taken not to have an accident with this force between magnets which become unstuck even by wedging a flattened finger or something else !!

It is essential to know how fast the magnets will turn at low wind, otherwise big regrets with a too small alternator giving nothing !!
Even experiment with a magnet and a coil and an oscilloscope to find your way around !!
0 x
hurl22
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Woohoo!

by hurl22 » 16/11/11, 21:56

What more can be said! After some testing, hacking and other recovery, the "Hot tip" not to mention ... Was on my DIY list for the winter!
Bravo, it is magnificent!
Question:

1- Plexiglass window (ashtray type)?
2- Wall for double combustion?

No frankly there you me you level coincidence, recover '... You tear everything there!
Hmmm, good after that it is booty but eh! Art, there are those who dislike, and those who artise ...
No really I bow!
0 x
hurl22
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

When we love...

by hurl22 » 16/11/11, 21:59

And this snake ... Boa constrictor? My friend loves it very much!
Do you have a site or something like that?
0 x
AXEAU
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by AXEAU » 16/11/11, 23:11

The inspiration comes from the hot stuff. As I had all the elements I did it 15 days ago and it works well.
I put a baffle plate inside to force the fumes to come down before going out to the back.
The base is a small gas bottle, the hearth hearth is a cast iron key mouth that I pierced, I left the inscription EAU. The upper plate is made of stainless steel, the porthole is made from a flange of water supply pipe and a Pyrex saucer and for the rest, plumbing parts.
I am not the owner of the royal python, I took it for the photo because it is a beautiful animal and I find that its colors go well with the stove, otherwise I do not have a site.
The current projects, tools of tolier, English wheel, folding machine then a rocket stove from an aluminum fire hydrant cap on which is marked well on fire service.

jlg
0 x