Green certificates will pay less

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
sspid14
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Green certificates will pay less

by sspid14 » 26/11/10, 08:43

http://www.lavenir.net/article/detail.a ... id=9202407
The Compagnons d'Éole stop brokering green certificates. You will have to go through a private company which will take its commission on the way.

On December 31, the Compagnons d'Eole will cease their activity of brokerage of green certificates. A mission which had been entrusted to them by the Walloon Region at the time of the launch of the Solwatt Plan which urged the Walloons to install photovoltaic panels.

Concretely, the Compagnons d'Eole were the relay between small electricity producers (panel owners) and electricity suppliers (Electrabel, etc.). The former entrusted their certificates to the ASBL, which was responsible for selling them to the latter. Advantage: the centralization of the certificates and their massive sale allowed all the small producers to be assured of a very good price which today turns around 85 euros the certificate.

"It may have been a trial of intent, but we were convinced that without our action, the prices offered directly and individually by suppliers to producers would have been less favorable" explains the president of the Compagnons d'Eole, Christophe Grulois .

Another advantage: companions take no commission. So they don't buy the certificates to resell them for a profit, but simply manage them.

And that is the problem. Private brokerage companies have complained to Minister Jean-Marc Nollet that Eole's companions represented unfair competition. Unacceptable, according to them.

Especially since the Compagnons d'Eole are subsidized by the Region for their brokerage activity. Clearly, the Region supports a quasi-monopoly (13500 contracts with the Companions on 18000 photovoltaic installations in Wallonia) which harms free competition.

100 to 125 euros less

It will be understood: the lobbying of brokerage companies will have forced Minister Nollet to convince the companions of Eole to abandon their free brokerage.

Producers will have to go through companies that will take a commission. Which should however not exceed 5 euros per certificate. The average number of certificates being 20 to 25 per year, the loss for each producer will therefore amount to between 100 and 125 euros annually.

“The photovoltaic installations will nevertheless remain profitable. The loss will be marginal for consumers, ”says Christophe Grulois, who recalls that the break-even point is set at 65 euros per certificate.

Nevertheless: we feel in the companions of Eole a certain disappointment after the work provided in recent years to support photovoltaics in Wallonia. The ASBL could nevertheless have continued its brokerage function. But then it should have turned into a trading company. And without the subsidies from the Region, it was untenable. The association will therefore be content in the future to continue to support photovoltaics through informed advice on the subject to producer candidates.

Who may perhaps be a little less in the future if they have to leave part of the fruits of their production to a brokerage company.

0 x
sspid14
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by sspid14 » 26/11/10, 08:47

http://m.lavenir.net/Article.xhtml?contentid=913635
Overcrowding of green certificates

Too many green certificates are circulating. Result: late payments. And a risk that suppliers will no longer buy them once their quota is reached.

If you have recently placed photovoltaic panels, you are at Electrabel, and you have received green certificates, you may have been surprised not to be able to touch them quickly.

The reason is twofold. First, the CWAPe, the body responsible for issuing green certificates, was considerably behind in processing applications, given the exponential number of photovoltaic installations in recent months (there are more than 20 today) . However, in July and August, this delay was visibly largely absorbed. Consequence: thousands of green certificates were found on the market. And supply has therefore far exceeded demand from suppliers. Why? Simply because the latter have already reached their mandatory green electricity production quotas for 000 imposed by the Region (2010%). Many holders of green certificates therefore found themselves potentially faced with a dilemma: either store their certificates (they are valid for 11,25 years) and wait for suppliers to buy again at the market price. Either they could resell them directly at the price guaranteed by the Walloon Region (5 euros), which is the price at which the Region ensures a return on investment.

A potential risk Fortunately, the main broker, who acts as a link between the holders of green certificates and the supplier Electrabel (Les Compagnons d'Eole), succeeded in negotiating with the latter who, in the end, agreed to buy these excess certificates. Payments have therefore been made.

But this imbroglio raises questions. Because even if we consider that the current economic situation is responsible for the glut of the supply of certificates compared to demand, we are entitled to wonder if, in the future, electricity producers will not one day, end up again with a windfall of certificates that they cannot sell at market prices. With a definite shortfall since, if they want to touch the certificates, they will have to resell them at 65 euros and not at their market price which currently fluctuates between 85 and 90 euros.

The main reason which makes fear this situation, is that the suppliers (like Electrabel) buy green certificates first of all from the big producers. With them alone, they fulfill a good part of their green electricity quota obligation. With the risk that small producers could not sell theirs once the quota is reached.

To this, the Walloon Region responds that a brokerage company like the Compagnons d'Eole which, by bringing together small producers, makes them big and therefore overcomes the problem. In addition, we add to the cabinet of Minister Nollet, green electricity quotas will increase in the coming years to reach, we hope, 20% in 2020. The demand will therefore be greater for green certificates and there will no longer be a bottleneck problem, even if photovoltaic production continues to increase. And then, the firm recalls, even if the supply exceeded the demand, the 65 euros would still be guaranteed. “This is our job: that people have a return on investment. For the rest, if they want to speculate and make butter, the risk is their responsibility. It is not the Region's job to encourage speculation. ” Certainly. However, electricity producers who hope to make a good financial deal may one day find it brackish if they lose 15 or 20 euros per certificate. Simply because at the time of investing, they had not necessarily been made aware clearly of the rules of the game. Nor that the suppliers favored above all the purchase of certificates from large producers and not from individuals.

The Region has pushed the Walloons to invest in photovoltaics. Perhaps she should have been more explicit about the ruthless market rules that govern the electricity sector today.

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/03/13, 13:00

Wallonia would copy the methods rogue government applied in France at the end of 2011 (moratorium and general reduction in tariffs)?

Chances are ...

There is an apparently retroactive effect on contracts already signed...and end of the green certificate mechanism for photovoltaics ...

We try to reassure anyway: http://www.rtl.be/videos/Video/437099.aspx

Since the stroke of the bank taxation of Cypriot assets, these governments no longer respect their people. A government that no longer works for its people no longer has democratic legitimacy!

In the spirit of state dishonesty, all those who have PV and are now swollen, so bridge your meters (not production, consumption eh ...)

http://www.rtl.be/info/vous/temoignage/ ... et-simple-

The anger of the Walloons at the fall in the price of green certificates: "A pure and simple scandal"

The Walloon government had to reform the financial aid system intended to encourage the population to equip themselves with photovoltaic panels because it was too expensive. This Monday, it was decided that there will be no more green certificates (CV) for new installations. And for those that already exist, CVs will persist but will yield less. A decision that angered Vincent.

We expected this for many months (read our file of November 27). The decision fell yesterday. The Walloon government is abolishing the system of green certificates which cost it too much (a debt of 2,8 billion!). This incentive to install photovoltaic panels has been replaced by another system, the Qualiwatt (read our explanatory article). But what happens to the green certificates currently in circulation? Their purchase price by the Region will be reduced (we will know the figures in the coming days). CV holders will therefore lose money. This does not delight them when you know that they rely on these certificates for the repayment of their green loan. Greens of rage. It is the only shade of green that exists on Tuesday. You have already been dozens to testify to our editorial staff via the Alert us page to express your anger and your questions. Here are some of these testimonials.

Vincent's anger: "What has been promised must be respected"

"If a reduction in the price of green certificates for current owners of PV installations is confirmed, it is an outright scandal.

We have all established financial plans over several years to assess the advisability of this investment.

The Walloon cannot be the victim of the incompetence once again demonstrated by our decision-makers.

What has been promised must be honored. We must not tolerate any adaptation of the system in which we have enrolled. If the system is not viable (which is conceivable) it can be adapted, but not retroactively !!! What also happens with the principle of legal certainty? So we should no longer believe in anything from our decision-makers? "

Jean-Claude's questions: "How will the citizens who have made a green loan be reimbursed?"

Vincent is not the only one to react to the announcement made by Minister Nollet. For Jean-Claude too, it is a blow.

"How will the citizens who have made a green loan be reimbursed, the repayment of which is actually planned via green certificates and the return on taxes ???? It seems to me that we are always trying to make people believe that the citizens have achieved these work on own funds while the vast majority have taken out a green loan without having the initial cash !!! ", he is indignant.

And to argue again: "Who encouraged us to move towards green energies? Europe, the various Belgian governments in order to respect the standards of Kyoto and others and now, it is once again the honest citizen and concerned about its environment which is sanctioned even which will end up in "household budget bankruptcy" by the faults of our leaders! "

Christian's testimony: "I had to scrape the bottom of the drawers"

Christian also counted on the income linked to the CV in order to repay his loan. He claims that he even had to scrape the back of the drawers in order to obtain his loan.

"I installed photovoltaic panels at the end of 2012, telling myself that it was a long-term investment. To do this I had to take a loan of 20 euros. Today I learn that the government has decided to not keep its commitments and reduce the price of green certificates for old installations. I am scandalized having had to scrape the funds from the drawers to be able to have my loan. I will no longer trust the Walloon Region which does not keep its commitments and will put me in a precarious situation. "

Clothilde's sacrifices: "The huge profits of companies"

Choosing photovoltaics was synonymous with sacrifices for Clothilde. She is wondering today about the political choices that have been made.

"We encouraged people TO INVEST in photovoltaics by promising them to amortize their installations using green certificates. The system is failing and we have still left people to invest. We created green loans, people got into debt (in the instead of going on vacation or buying a car) while some companies have put up signs by the hundreds to make a profit. The STATE let it go and guaranteed the price of green certificates at 65 euros and then everything is canceled. ! ", she writes.

"We encourage people to invest and we put a knife in the back. It's shameful. I'm disgusted," she concludes.

Didier's "responsible choice": "They eat their word"

Didier is not rich, but nevertheless, he made the choice of photovoltaics. A "responsible choice" according to him. Today, he fears for the future.

"I borrowed 25.000 euros while making a gesture for the planet! Because contrary to what the majority of the population believes, it is not only the wealthy people who were able to afford it. There are also responsible people choosing their priorities (I drive in a 10 year old vehicle ...) having signed a contract with a minimum guarantee of 65 euros per CV! How can we encourage people to go green and then eat their word ?? ? A shame and ... thousands of deceived people who will now experience repayment difficulties ... "

Didier's indignation: "How can we encourage people to go green and then eat their word ???"

Decrease in the value of the green certificate: an unimaginable scandal and an outright theft! Like most people who acquired PV, I borrowed 25.000 euros while making a gesture for the planet! Because, contrary to what the majority of the population believes, it is not the well-to-do who could afford it. Responsible people choosing their priorities (I drive in a vehicle of 10 years of age ...) having signed a contract with a minimum guarantee of 65 euros the CV !!! ... How can we encourage people to make green then eat his word ??? A shame and ... thousands of duped people who will now experience repayment difficulties ...

> YOUR REACTIONS ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE: "Simply shameful !!! The government at the time encouraged citizens to invest in photovoltaics, offered green loans for the realization of this installation and now it is changing the rules of the game" (Chantal)

Sébastien's point: "The contract is signed and must be respected over time and at the fixed price"

"When I took the decision to place photovoltaic panels (4 years ago), they were still very expensive but the contract, signed by all parties, promising CVs, for a guaranteed minimum price as well as a guaranteed maximum period allowed the investment.

Now that the prices of the panels have dropped, I can understand the change in the Walloon system but:

- the contract is signed and must be respected in the duration and in the fixed price

- the thousands of families who installed panels based on this contract, this minimum price and this maximum duration. It is completely dishonest (and certainly not legal) to change this system. This only confirms incompetence, dishonesty and the total disrespect of policies towards the population.
"
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/03/13, 13:20

Our national LeMillieu had a PV installation done in his home in Wallonia in 2012, I wonder how he will react! : Evil:
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 19/03/13, 17:04

Christophe wrote:Our national LeMillieu had a PV installation done in his home in Wallonia in 2012, I wonder how he will react! : Evil:

It's simple, very simple:
If the state becomes an official thief, then I will behave like him, and the word civism will no longer have any meaning in my eyes.
Promised sworn :D
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/03/13, 20:35

And unfortunately you will be right ... it is "defensible" to react like that ...

I believe that the "legal" ceiling of the green certificate was 80 € ... but at times, in the best cases, it could be sold for 120 € ...

It remains to be seen how much this ceiling will be lowered ... 75 ... 65 ... 50 € ...?

For those who do not know what a certificate was towards here are some explanations: https://www.econologie.com/forums/certificat ... t7811.html
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 19/03/13, 20:47

Christophe, you have funny formulas:
A government that no longer works for its people no longer has democratic legitimacy!

So it would have been often the case before? :D
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/03/13, 20:58

No, of course, but it was less obvious ... : Cheesy:

But if but if ... we believe it!

Yes liberal democracy governments do everything for the well being of their people ... : Cheesy:
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 19/03/13, 21:02

Hola, here, there is breach of contract.
It's banditry.
I'm not telling you how I'm going to settle my accounts, but my new nickname should rather be Robin Hood, but on my own (Arsene Lupine?)
Who knows...
:D
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/03/13, 21:08

Breach of contract with retroactive effect.
It is as if your insurance policy changes after the theft of your car or an accident.

In short it is a rogue state method by the Walloon Region...

I suggest thatwe stop paying the TV tax as a compensatory measure : Cheesy:

What happens in Flanders with the PV?
0 x