Solar DHW Quote, good or not good?

Construction of natural or ecological habitat: plans, design, advice, expertise, materials, geobiology ... House, construction, heating, insulation: you have just received one or more quotes. Can't choose? State your problem here and we will advise you on the right choice! Help in reading DPE or environmental energy diagnostics. Help with the purchase or sale of real estate.
Jud
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Solar DHW Quote, good or not good?

by Jud » 29/04/09, 16:07

Hello,

Locations: Midi-Pyrenees
Altitude: 250m
House surface: 250 m2
Number of people: 4
Dishwasher and washing machine to be connected. (average 1 cycle of each per day)
I have a recent 100L electric water heater. I think it is mounted in series on one of the quotes (the Helioset but I'm not sure).
I also want the balloons to have an extra coil that can be connected to my heating system (not yet chosen).

I received 2 Quote pretty detailed for the solar ECS.
I tie them. If you can give me your opinion.
Total Excl. Tax: 4 577.92
Total Excl. Tax: 5 701.86
Thank you
Jud
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 29/04/09, 16:54

whore! almost 6000 roro and duty-free again.
: Evil:

is about 2000kwh annual to 0.06cts to make hot water, it is still expensive anti-nuclear investment :!:

There must be 2 or 3 under subsidies or tax credit but still.
0 x
Click my signature
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/04/09, 19:24

dirk pitt wrote:whore! almost 6000 roro and duty-free again.
: Evil:

It is unfortunately the "standard" prices when you ask for a quote ... I find it hard to believe that there is not "a little" overcharging !!

But for 4m² it is still "very expensive" ... after each site is different: different roof, different connection ...

If with us we had to pay 1500 € the m² of PV we would have had for .... 97 500 €! : Cheesy:

The price of a house (before the surge of speculators) ...
0 x
Jud
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Jud » 29/04/09, 19:50

Ok, it's expensive ...
That's why we risk not choosing the solution ...
Subsentions are peanuts, except the tax credit : Cry: (50% this year, 25% next year, so it's now or much later)

The material chosen is correct?
The accessories seem they ok?
Missing something?
And the first quote? It is more than 1000 euros less for 4m2 instead of more than 5 and for 250L instead of 300L.
Does it hold up or not?

After the price would have to discuss, but I think the manufacturers are also pretty good on the stuff ... Anyway if it's too expensive we forget.

Jud
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/04/09, 19:58

The material is correct but nothing more: flat panels, you can find for 400 500 € TTC 2 m² ...

You go in a brico discount you have a complete kit of 6m² vacuum tubes for 2500 € TTC ... but to install is even ... so without subsidy ...

When you are told that it is FAT subsidies, it's not for nothing ... : Evil:

Then YES subsidies provided to REGULATE RATES !!!
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 29/04/09, 22:33

I know, I'm a scoundrel, but when I ask for a quote:

I ask for at least 4
I cook the guy
I inquire about its purchase prices
I ask the execution times and I refuse to pay the hour of M / O over 30 euros and I refuse to pay the apprentices this price there
.... and I even happened to leave false quotes on my desk.
procedure time: 2 to 3 months for 30 to 40% less. on the other hand, the deadlines are sometimes longer: he is then very happy to fill a "hole"

and eventually, I'm talking about the similar problems of my brother-in-law, who has twice the size of me, and who is not happy with so-and-so.

In short: buying is a job!

that said, 5 6 euros is expensive: in Belgium we are at 4 5000, 6 including VAT (must see the brand too ...)

I do not know why, French craftsmen are so expensive. A friend of mine at a villa in the Somme Bay. To tile the edge of his pool, the local craftsman asked 25000 euros. A craftsman from around Mons (Belgium) came to do the same thing for 15000 euros.

Myself I made an alarm installation in Neuilly Plaisance for 1500 euros: the same price as my French competitor, equipment of higher level, including displacement.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/04/09, 22:38

Well spoken elephant !!

Frankly, pkoi we are not taught to BUY WELL in "compulsory" school?

With all the salads and nonsense that has been thrown in our heads in 15 years, it would take a few dozen hours to take a course: "learn to buy, to negotiate ... in short, something anti-con" ...

But the goal of the school is perhaps to make good cons ... simply : Evil: : Evil:
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 30/04/09, 08:01

There is also the phone call thing:

"well, I read your offer and I laughed a lot. At first glance you don't need to work, it's your business. You don't have the address of a colleague who wants to to work"

And then, give the prices of others on details: "balloon so and so, I can have it at such a price, etc.". A phone call that is preparing, obviously.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Jud
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Jud » 14/05/09, 13:52

Vi Vi, you are right. Must negotiate.
But it's not easy : Cheesy:
I try to create a relationship of trust between the craftsman and me. To gauge well the type to know where he wants to take me and if he knows his business.
After having established a good contact, this is where you have to discuss the price : Cry:
It is less obvious than in the reverse direction: "break your price then we discuss."
I must rode my technique :frown:

Regarding the quote to 4600 HT, the electric balloon is connected to the solar balloon.
After explanations we can remove 270 Euros from the bill (the optional electrical resistance, useless since the electric ball is in series). So basically 4300 HT
The system used for solar is a simple self-draining system:
Enamelled steel balloons integrating pump, safety valve and regulation by LCD screen. Automatic draining operation to prevent freezing or summer overheating.
Thanks to its regulation, HelioSet is autonomous. If it is necessary to heat the balloon and if the sunlight allows it, the regulation starts the system. If there is not enough sunlight, the control switches on the booster (on HelioSet 250 C and 250 E).
Thanks to the principle of automatic sensor emptying, when the system is stopped, you can be on vacation in peace. There is no risk of overheating in summer or frost in winter.

http://www.saunierduval.fr/produits-1/catalogue-1/chauffe-eau-solaire/tous-nos-produits-solaire/helioset/
This system requires less "hardware" to operate than traditional systems, hence its lower cost. The panels must be higher than the ball (not on the ground).
It works well this system?
And the manufacturer makes good products? (I have already seen this brand, but hey we all know it's not a guarantee of quality)
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 28/05/09, 15:27

These are the prices I have too, for good gear known and reliable.

Elephant, at 30 € MO, you pay them under the SMIC your employees? :|
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."