Risks or benefits of a wire mesh under a plaster

Construction of natural or ecological habitat: plans, design, advice, expertise, materials, geobiology ... House, construction, heating, insulation: you have just received one or more quotes. Can't choose? State your problem here and we will advise you on the right choice! Help in reading DPE or environmental energy diagnostics. Help with the purchase or sale of real estate.
eldirectorbrice
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Risks or benefits of a wire mesh under a plaster

by eldirectorbrice » 07/02/09, 00:15

Hello,
I live in an adobe house on the 1st floor, and I want to make a lime plaster outside. I am advised to use a metal mesh under the roughing layer or a binder based on fiberglass. What will you advise me from a magnetic pollution point of view? The screen protects or is there a risk (lightning)?
In advance thank you because I did not find anything about it on the net.
@ + Christian
0 x
coucou789456
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by coucou789456 » 07/02/09, 04:58

Hello

everything you need to know at this address http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cage_de_Faraday

jeff
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/02/09, 09:35

Yes, if you are looking for EM protection, fiberglass will not help.

But be careful, the "cage" must be integral if you want good protection: if you do not make the roof or the floor, the cage will not be integral.

And you should know that laptops may no longer work indoors: if it is an advantage for you, resale it can become a disadvantage ... Especially since we do not know what the future of EM technology reserves us: imagine that we remove the wired telephone lines? It's hard to sell a house without a phone!

Nothing prevents you from magnetically isolating only a few sensitive rooms: like the bedrooms where you spend most of your time ...
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 07/02/09, 16:27

Another problem with GSM is that it will start sending strong signals in the event of poor reception. In this case, the protection will be zero because on the contrary it will work fully to receive the network.
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
Remundo

by Remundo » 07/02/09, 16:45

putting a wire mesh will actually cause big problems to listen to the radio or the mobile phone :!:

Better put a non-metallic binder. But we can find fairly resistant plastic mesh / weft / dies

Here, I think of the gutter grates ...
http://produits.batiactu.com/recherche- ... B-ANNUAIRE

But while snooping around in DIY stores or on the net, we should be able to find it in plastic : Idea:
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 07/02/09, 18:21

the wire mesh will have no effect for the mobile phone, which in any case does not pass through walls: the mobile phone or wifi passes through the doors and the window and is distributed in the rooms by reflection on the wall, a bit like the light that lights up a whole room

it is rather for the radio that the fence will make a big loss

I confirm the remark which was made: in general it is not the power of the GSM relay which is annoying, but the power of the telephone which one sticks on the ear: the weaker the communication the more it emits strong for compensate for
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 07/02/09, 18:24

with lime the main risk is that the wire mesh will rust and everything will snap

to serve as an anti-rust agent you need cement: the principle of reinforced concrete

making reinforced concrete with lime is a disaster: it rusts
0 x