Positive energy house in Vendée - offices

Construction of natural or ecological habitat: plans, design, advice, expertise, materials, geobiology ... House, construction, heating, insulation: you have just received one or more quotes. Can't choose? State your problem here and we will advise you on the right choice! Help in reading DPE or environmental energy diagnostics. Help with the purchase or sale of real estate.
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Positive energy house in Vendée - offices

by bham » 10/08/08, 07:11

Hello everyone.
I discovered this passive house with positive energy under construction in Vendée, on the coast. Wood frame construction, cellulose wadding insulation, sheep wool (black) and hemp wool; thickness 25 cm in walls, 35/40 cm in roof, wood / aluminum joinery in triple glazing, VMC double flow, no heating.
You will notice the thermal solar panels in the middle of the photovoltaic panels.
This building will serve as offices. Visits possible from September / October by appointment.
See more on http://www.alliancesoleil.com/

0 x
Hasardine
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Hasardine » 10/08/08, 11:16

It looks great, but I'm intrigued by the lack of progress of the roof for the freshness in summer!

a little question about roofs, precisely. Are domed roofs effective against heat?
0 x
fthanron
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by fthanron » 10/08/08, 11:54

Hello,

Any idea of ​​the price per finished m²?

@+
0 x
Frederic
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 11/08/08, 08:46

Hasardine wrote:It looks great, but I'm intrigued by the lack of progress of the roof for the freshness in summer!

a little question about roofs, precisely. Are domed roofs effective against heat?

Regarding the roof overhang, you note that there is still a shadow cast on most of the windows, while the sun has already started to "go down" for about 1 month, that the low-emissivity windows are triple therefore in principle more filtering or reflecting than double glazing.
I do not know if domed roofs are more effective against heat, this roof is coated with lacquered sheets therefore significant thermal transmission but little inertia compared to a tile or a slate.

fthanron wrote:Any idea of ​​the price per finished m²?

No, you must contact the project manager, see the alliance soleil website.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/08/08, 09:21

I will make my flap joy but positive energy is quickly said ... but it will not be positive for years.

In overall eco balance sheet, including gray energy from construction, what is the duration of the ROEI (return on ecological investment I just invented it: Return Over Ecological Investment)?

In addition I am surprised that this is intended for offices whose occupancy rate is still less important than a house (well ... logically).

For overheating in summer, I suppose they have planned air conditioning ... like in all new offices, right?

The alliancesoleil website is not very clear on these points ...
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 11/08/08, 09:43

Yes we can dispute in relation to the production of energy based on photovoltaics.
But I welcome the approach, the effort to innovate. The norm should it not be in 2020 the construction of positive energy housing, that is in 12 years .... !!
Will there be anything other than photovoltaics to meet this commitment?

For offices it is obvious that this house will serve them as a showcase. As for the air conditioning, must see, maybe a Canadian well.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/08/08, 09:51

We agree: everything should be currently designed taking into account the climate control but from there to do positive energy I want to but if the real and overall balance is really positive. And then when all the houses are positive, what will we do with the energy? A yes will always have to light the streets :D

Good without laughing: when we talk about positive energy or green house, the least thing is to take stock REEL because as Janco would say: if we only count what we get in (the energy produced) while failing to count what we get out (investment and gray energy)... there is like a light and problem...

This is exactly the same problem as for agrofuels ... apparently green only. But the important thing in trade is the image, right?
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 11/08/08, 10:38

Ah okay I understand you better: you are actually saying that for a house to be positive energy, it would have to produce more energy than all the gray energy produced to build it and this, as quickly possible: not stupid but here it is for 2100 : Lol:

Christophe wrote:We agree: everything should be currently designed taking into account the climate control but from there to do positive energy I want to but if the real and overall balance is really positive. And then when all the houses are positive, what will we do with the energy? A yes will always have to light the streets :D

Well we will do electrolysis to produce hydrogen : Lol:
0 x
FC
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by FC » 22/08/08, 11:45

Hello everybody.

I allow myself to come and enlighten you on this building since I participated in the design as well as in the construction.

The roof overhangs are reduced (58 cm upstairs and 70 on the ground floor all the same) because external metal sun visors will be installed above the bay windows:

http://www.griesser.ch/public/products/default.asp?LNG=fr&LND=FR&mnu=10&sub=68&ID=LAM&det=METALUNIC

There is obviously no air conditioning because too consumer therefore goodbye positive energy and the building is studied for:

- No windows to the west
- Cap + Ext blinds.
- Interior walls filled with plaster blocks (increased inertia)
- Night overvoltage possible

When with gray energy: the materials are healthy (with the lowest possible gray energy) apart from the sheaths and the insulation of the ground.

FYI, a photovoltaic module will compensate for the energy necessary for its manufacture in three years of production.

The building will be monitored with energy meters on each electrical start, water meters on rainwater and network. + temperature and humidity in each room to prove that you don't sacrifice comfort !!

Don't hesitate to ask questions

Francois Coudrieau

PS: there is little info on the site to encourage people to come to visit
Last edited by FC the 19 / 12 / 08, 16: 57, 1 edited once.
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 22/08/08, 14:17

Welcome to the econology site, it must be you that I briefly met in this house on July 30 where we notably talked about triple glazing (Internorm for my part - old house in rehabilitation in the East).
Thank you for clarifying, I would have others to ask you regarding glazing and insulation as soon as I have taken stock.
So see you soon.
0 x