ecological flat roof insulation

Construction of natural or ecological habitat: plans, design, advice, expertise, materials, geobiology ... House, construction, heating, insulation: you have just received one or more quotes. Can't choose? State your problem here and we will advise you on the right choice! Help in reading DPE or environmental energy diagnostics. Help with the purchase or sale of real estate.
Anthony

ecological flat roof insulation

by Anthony » 05/08/08, 16:07

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum.
Here I am a negociant seller of building materials on the Lyon coast and I am looking for a client of me, ecological roofing roof insulation.
:?
According to you, what can I replace rockwool?
Is Fesco (volcanic rock-based insulation) really ecological?
Does it exist in cork, wood or other?

Thank you in advance.
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 05/08/08, 16:33

Hello !

you should be interested in green roofs!
it is the layer of earth that isolates, the top is a garden that you can compose / maintain, or grass otherwise ...
it is necessary to take good care of the insulation, with a geotextile to prevent the roots from deteriorating the waterproof layer placed below, which can be made traditionally (bitumen product), well to foresee the flow of rain water, which will be filtered by Earth.

by searching google you will have very good examples ;-)
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 05/08/08, 18:17

: Cheesy: You're smart, you see a materials dealer selling alfalfa seeds, or turf :D
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 05/08/08, 18:24

Hello Antony,
See the following link it will be a good start:
https://www.econologie.com/les-isolants- ... -3168.html
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
minguinhirigue
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by minguinhirigue » 05/08/08, 18:46

If you're talking about rock wool, it's on the underside or it's high-density wool?

In practice, if the insulation has a risk of direct exposure to a mechanical action or moisture, the most neutral materials once installed are expanded rocks and expanded glasses (foamglass ...) because having no or little release of volatile products after installation, a very good life (greater than 100 anssi well laid), and very good resistance to moisture.

The major defect of these two products is their gray energy consumption, manufacturing: grinding, thermal expansion around 1000 ° C ...

If the roof terrace complex allows a solid and safe sealing (for example with a complex of green roof), cork is then a very interesting product, expensive, but requiring a very low energy gray and a good duration. I insist on the good realization of sealing, because you all have examples in the cellars, with wine stoppers that can last more than a century, and others, which in poor conditions (sun, too much strong hygrometry, ...), will rot in the 30 years. Cork of adequate quality can be classified as weakly compressible.

Finally, if the roof is made of wood, wood wool insulation can be made in the underside of the load-bearing system and watertight, provided that it is perfect ...

Jonule offers a supplement that may seem expensive but is so nice that little happen in the long term: a roof terrace plant is a very extreme, and it helps enormously in terms of heat.
- In summer, the evapotranspiration of plants, the color of plants (capturing less heat than asphalt ...) and photosynthesis are pleasant little drop of water for the climate (studies in Quebec believes that all the green roofs of a city is 4 5 ° C less during summer temperature peaks).
- In winter, it is a little extra insulation, and a brake on losses by external convection (wind ...).
- In any season, the rain is "damped" there before arriving in the evacuation networks and prevents their clogging ...

- And then having butterflies on your roof, it's priceless :D
Last edited by minguinhirigue the 05 / 08 / 08, 18: 58, 2 edited once.
0 x
minguinhirigue
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by minguinhirigue » 05/08/08, 18:54

The page you are giving is fine, but the only two insulators that can be used if exposed to mechanical stress for a roof terrace (to my knowledge): cork, and perlite.

Expanded and milled perlite, it can be inserted in boxes (no direct mechanical action on it) or as a substrate for a green roof, but it loses part of its insulating property as it also causes drainage ...

See the terraced roof complexes proposed by Jean Pierre Oliva, in "ecological insulation" in particular ...

See if green roof manufacturers do not offer complex with perlite or expanded clay insulation (they do it well, with polystyrene : Evil: )
0 x