Heat pump powered by photovoltaic panels

Construction of natural or ecological habitat: plans, design, advice, expertise, materials, geobiology ... House, construction, heating, insulation: you have just received one or more quotes. Can't choose? State your problem here and we will advise you on the right choice! Help in reading DPE or environmental energy diagnostics. Help with the purchase or sale of real estate.
saulnews
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Heat pump powered by photovoltaic panels

by saulnews » 08/10/07, 13:10

Hello everyone
I have just purchased a PAC from YACK modulo 40 with a mitsu group FDCVA 402 + - 1350w which I would like to couple with an autonomous photovoltaic unit but ......... I do not know the consumption of this cap (the elec is not my hobby) therefore impossible to see the number of panel that I would need ...
and I would like to realize for myself (with your help) before asking a pro for a quote and that he sees that I am a ball in electricity
if someone has some advice i am your man
thank you to all
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 08/10/07, 19:25

At first glance : Mrgreen: +/- 1350W, if it's its electric consumption ...
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
bobono
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Pompe à chaleur

by bobono » 08/10/07, 21:20

It is enough to have a power equivalent in solar panel to the electric power of the compressor and the fans.

In fact the Pac do not work permanently by cons solar panels produce only during the day it must therefore be stored with batteries and the inverter will provide the alternative to the Pac.

By counting on twice as much power in panel and battery and inverter you should not be too bad.

The panels to be assembled can cost you from 600 € to 5000 € depending on the supplier.
0 x
saulnews
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by saulnews » 08/10/07, 22:09

thank you for the clarification.
if i understood correctly, i need about 3000w in panel with the battery / inverter assembly
addresses can be on the web because the margin is wide between 600 and 5000 €
does the price equal the quartet?
there are large capacity panels or is it preferable to put several "small" ones
please
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/10/07, 22:28

600 € to 5000 € for 20 m2 of PV solar panels + battery?

Is this a joke? Guys are missing a zero!

Here is my opinion on the problem ...

To make heat with PV panels even while passing by a heat pump which "goes up" the output it is not very judicious since the total output would be 40-45% according to the various outputs. And I'm not even talking about the storage of electricity ...

So pkoi do not use solar thermal panels directly (80% efficiency) ... Heat pumps is an energy scam ... from a global point of view ... it only does business from EdF ...

In short, let's move on, concretely in your case, let's say that you want 5 hours of autonomy for the heat pump per day.

So you have to produce and store 5 * 1.35 kWh = 6,7 kWh I pass on the storage ... for the necessary metering you take the 2nd card here:

https://www.econologie.com/carte-de-fran ... -3137.html

You divide by 365 and multiply 0,15 (panel yield), you have your local potential. You take your 6,7 divided by this potential and you get the number of panels needed. Example if potential = 1000 kWh / m2.year ca does:

1000/365 * 0,15 = 0,411 kWh / day i.e. 16,3 m²

Then you need the inverter and the batteries ...

I'll let you "find" what it costs ... but I have one certainty: forget this idea, it will not be profitable ...

To finish: with solar thermal panels you would have had with the same surface and the same solar potential an energy production of 1000/365 * 0,8 = 35,7 kWh of heat... more than your PV-powered heat pump will ever give you ...
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 08/10/07, 22:45

put yourself in the idea that energy is not expensive enough to make a solar installation profitable

This remains in the area of ​​volunteering, even for the production of sanitary hot water with aid from the region and from ADEME, it is difficult to recoup in 10 years, and again, if nothing breaks during this period ...

I know what I'm talking about, I design this type of facility
It is recommended in the new by the RT2005, otherwise, nobody would ask to save money
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 08/10/07, 22:56

PS, for christophe

The Heat Pump is an investment that is becoming profitable today due to oil inflation

Cost of electricity: Approx. 0.07 € per KW.h
Cost of Fuel oil: Approx 0.06 per KW.h to which are added maintenance, duct, boiler ...
barely cheaper for gas

Today we have heat pumps with an overall annual yield (or COP) of 5 over a year, capable of providing DHW, heating and air conditioning.

The lifespan of these machines is estimated at 10 to 15 years

Because of the price of fossil fuels, and taking into account the renewal of a heat pump every 10 years, it is still a little cheaper than fuel oil or gas

For the future: electricity should remain more or less stable but fossil fuels will soar

The immediate future is a large surface solar installation, around 20m² of collector for 100m² of living space with heated floors for energy storage and either a wood insert or a small heat pump for the installation.

The next future is high-efficiency photovoltaic solar panels for producing hydrogen and low-pressure storage
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/10/07, 22:57

Capt_Maloche wrote:This remains in the area of ​​volunteering, even for the production of sanitary hot water with aid from the region and from ADEME, it is difficult to recoup in 10 years, and again, if nothing breaks during this period ...

10 years you are very nice ... at the price of fuel oil and some panels are never ... in addition, profitability calculations rarely take into account the energy costs of the solar system. In our case it is 700W of 8h per day the best days ... but hey our installation is far from being common.

But precisely and if it was the aid that was, in part, responsible for this long profitability? Any subsidized product pushes prices up ...

Pkoi the "first price" systems (Turkish thermosyphons for example but not that ...) are not or only very rarely subsidized? Pkoi are we trying to manufacture panels with 90% efficiency rather than favoring the installed surface (I prefer 2 m² at 70% than 1 m² at 90% for the same price ...)? Pkoi no one has a thermal buffer provided for heating? Etc., etc...

Capt_Maloche wrote:I know what I'm talking about, I design this type of installation. It is recommended in the new by the RT2005, otherwise, nobody would ask to save money.

"Recommended" what do you mean by that?

Well, I didn't know that you were designing solar panels, so little question: when it gets too hot (no demand) where does energy go in modern panels?
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 08/10/07, 23:05

Christophe wrote: "Recommended" what do you mean by that?

Well, I didn't know that you were designing solar panels, so little question: when it gets too hot (no demand) where does energy go in modern panels?

RT 2005 requires the installation of solar DHW production, if the architect removes it, he will have to find other energy savings to comply with the "reference building"

I do not design solar panels, I work in a design office, I am a designer and specifier (fluids engineer what)
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 08/10/07, 23:14

I also think like this: PV, it's just good when it is not profitable to draw cables for small powers: parking meters, measurement stations, boat radio,

As for the heat pump, I remember: they wanted to give me one fifteen years ago, I had made the calculation: KW electric too expensive.
Now it's a little better.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be

Go back to "Real estate and eco-construction: diagnostics, HQE, HPE, bioclimatism, natural habitat and climatic architecture"