Ecological ventilation and bio-compatible electricity

Construction of natural or ecological habitat: plans, design, advice, expertise, materials, geobiology ... House, construction, heating, insulation: you have just received one or more quotes. Can't choose? State your problem here and we will advise you on the right choice! Help in reading DPE or environmental energy diagnostics. Help with the purchase or sale of real estate.
atqui
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Ecological ventilation and bio-compatible electricity

by atqui » 06/02/07, 13:58

Hello everyone.

I have a project to build in 28 a "bio-climatic" house in wood frame of 90m2 on one level with a mezzanine of 60m2. Insulated cellulose wadding 160mm thick.
I wonder what ventilation is adopted to regulate humidity and air quality. I am thinking of making a "breathable" wall (rain screen bracing Agepan wood fibers - cellulose wadding - vapor barrier and Fermacell in the interior facing).
Would natural ventilation with regular ventilation suffice and how to regulate humidity and odors in bathrooms and toilets?
We talk a lot about double flow ventilation to heat the incoming air for the winter.
Would a hygro-adjustable single flow ventilation suffice?
In fact I do not know what to choose knowing that I would be in self-construction, and that the implementation of VMC is not the easiest (conduits, sheaths ...).

On the other hand concerning the electrical installation in a wooden frame, it would seem that it is necessary to reduce to the maximum the electrical and electromagnetic nuisances. We are talking about shielding the phase wire and connecting to earth, using bio-switches, etc ... It is very complicated all that !! I have heard of shielded ducts, it would be easier to install, especially to wire the board!

What do you think ?

Thank you for your opinions.
0 x
Toine
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Toine » 06/02/07, 14:12

Hello,
I ask myself the same question with regard to the ventilation of the toilets and bathroom. I thought that a solar ventilator for a motorhome could be possible?
(34m3 / hr - 48h of autonomy without sunshine)
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 06/02/07, 15:57

Hello
On the other hand concerning the electrical installation in a wooden frame, it would seem that it is necessary to reduce to the maximum the electrical and electromagnetic nuisances. We are talking about shielding the phase wire and connecting to earth, using bio-switches, etc ... It is very complicated all that !! I heard about armored sleeves, it would be easier to install, especially to wire to the board
!

What is this story of electric armored wire? All the houses are made of wood in America and the wire is a plastic sheath, it is economical to buy and we install all the electrical wiring of a house in one day 2 men (just before installing the drywall)
The only places where armored wire is laid with a twisted aluminum sheath, tunically in chalets or certain houses outside because the squirrels are creaking the wires
(shielded wire is a little more expensive but not affordable)
The expensive thread is industrial Teak that can be buried.

For ventilation, the houses for the most part are very tight so you have to provide ventilation with the outside air especially in summer in the attic and in winter you have to make a supply of dry air to eliminate condesations on the Windows
in cold countries -26 yesterday, an exchanger is interesting, but with you for the few times it makes a -10 it is not worth direct traffic with outside.
For the electric wire and accessories go for a tour on Canadian sites you will see what it sells (CANADIAN TIRE)
Normally it is written in both languages.

Andre
0 x
atqui
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by atqui » 06/02/07, 16:17

What is this story of electric armored wire?

Thank you for the info.
Regarding electromagnetic nuisance, this link seems interesting to me:
http://www.electromagnetique.com/
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 06/02/07, 16:31

On the other hand concerning the electrical installation in a wooden frame, it would seem that it is necessary to reduce to the maximum the electrical and electromagnetic nuisances. We are talking about shielding the phase wire and connecting to earth, using bio-switches, etc ... It is very complicated all that !! I have heard of shielded ducts, it would be easier to install, especially to wire the board!

I talked about it in another post. I have a bio-switch at home, but no shielded sheaths.

The bio-switch is enough.

Explanations : one can estimate that if there is electromagnetic nuisance, it is especially the night during the sleep in the rooms and sheaths passing behind the head of the bed.

So the switch (bio I'm not sure it's the name of mine ..) is there to put the electrical circuits in 6 volt voltage overnight.
I put on this box everything that does not concern the kitchen.
Double advantage: you have to cut off all power (no device must be on standby, so no VCR during recording or else it must not be on this circuit).
We do not consume current related to devices in standby. But a single bulb or transformer connected and it does not go into 6 volts.
I can give you the refs but I bought it in 1990 (ordered in Germany), price = 2000 frans (450 euros) at the time.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Other

by Other » 06/02/07, 16:59

Bonjour.
What scientists who endorse such a thing?
and you think that because the wires are wrapped in aluminum tape that will change your health?
Do you believe that the low voltage 110volts, for the most part of the wires which feed are mainly plugs of current, so used occasionally that there is a damaging radiation for the organism?
for microwave ovens, radio transmission, high voltage lines, high voltage televisions, yes it is real and it is measurable, but low voltage in a house?
I spent most of my life in my job in high voltage distribution, it should not be left for long!
All the houses in America as far south as north as Canada are all made, according to this method of spinning and wooden construction, if it is real these electromagnetic relations, we should have had many problems, that done from the beginning of the electrification of the houses that this method is used and worse than that there are houses that the sheath of the wire is still asbestos (it was the wire sold in the 70s)
An electric line supplying a 50 Hz to hope to make a radiation like an antenna would require lengths of 10km

Andre
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 06/02/07, 17:35

I still have the impression that you are tickling yourself to make you laugh .......

a twisted power cable radiates very little: if you do not find one and you pass the wires yourself through the sleeves, twist the wires before passing them. Otherwise use armored cable (in Belgium, this is called VFVB) that is to say, 2 conductors + a double strip to the ground.

what is important is to avoid that the cables are parallel to the body or close to the brain when you sleep (this is why it is better to avoid building your room above the garage from where all the cables)

Remember also that the radiation is proportional to the running which crosses the cable, so if they are lighting wires, at night, no problem and in any case, there is no shielding against the magnetic field. On the other hand, it is better to avoid sleeping near the boiler cable.

In summary:

live below a 400 kV line: OK, daredevil
living in an ordinary house respecting the above conditions is quite sufficient,
but above all:
there are much more harmful areas of domestic pollution:

groundwater
products diffused by treatment of wood and synthetic materials, panels, paints, etc ...
radon....
radioactivity of certain plasters ....
humidity
near landfills (Mellery ...)
noise
infra sounds
abuse of TV, aggressive music
proximity to chemical or steel factories
proximity to a busy road
proximity to radio, TV and GSM transmitters
neighbors
stepmother

and I remain convinced that adopting a healthy lifestyle (+ career choice, stress management) will prolong your life more than an "organic" electrical installation, especially if you have to work (and travel) more to pay yourself all that stuff .....
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
atqui
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by atqui » 06/02/07, 18:02

elephant wrote:
there are much more harmful areas of domestic pollution:

groundwater
products diffused by treatment of wood and synthetic materials, panels, paints, etc ...
radon....
radioactivity of certain plasters ....
humidity
near landfills (Mellery ...)
noise
infra sounds
abuse of TV, aggressive music
proximity to chemical or steel factories
proximity to a busy road
proximity to radio, TV and GSM transmitters
neighbors
stepmother

and I remain convinced that adopting a healthy lifestyle (+ career choice, stress management) will prolong your life more than an "organic" electrical installation, especially if you have to work (and travel) more to pay yourself all that stuff .....

Completely agree, but when you add a little of all that, you don't need any more electrical or electromagnetic "stress"!
This is why I get information to reduce as much as possible what is within my reach.

I am tempted by the use of armored sheaths (FLEX A RAY) in which we pass the wires.
I think there must be an additional cost, how much?

Who knows and has used it?
0 x
bolton069
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by bolton069 » 06/02/07, 21:33

Hello,

Hi elephant.

I still have the impression that you are tickling yourself to make you laugh .......

a twisted power cable radiates very little: if you do not find one and you pass the wires yourself through the sleeves, twist the wires before passing them. Otherwise use armored cable (in Belgium, this is called VFVB) that is to say, 2 conductors + a double strip to the ground.

Actually it probably radiates very little, but what is criticized here is the short distance from the head in the case of taking close to the head in a bedroom, as well as the high exposure times.

Hi André,
Bonjour.
What scientists who endorse such a thing?
and you think that because the wires are wrapped in aluminum tape that will change your health?

What I am going to say will surely seem naive to you, but is it not for this reason that we use coaxial cable for cable TV, as well as shielded FTP cables for computer networks which pass close to the electrical network of a house?? So why not to my health since I sleep every night for long hours in the immediate vicinity of an outlet.

Concerning this case of the harmfulness of the current in the electrical installation of a house, I am a little astonished that most of you, who give the voice in the name of the principle of precaution, as soon as someone half-open the mouth about GMOs.

Send the worries, which I share, out of hand, out of the blue, under the pretext that no scientist has said that it was paaas booon.

: Arrow: Regarding the HT lines André, for having attended a conference on the subject, (HT networks 50 hz and health.) The only studies of which I found trace (if you know others which are not going not in this sense let me know.) on the effects of HT lines on health conclude, ...

suspense

that we cannot conclude.

These studies say that living near an HT line cannot cause a measurable effect on health (in adults, the increase in leukemia cases in infants is the only effect that has been established. In this case, the numbers of leukemias are quite similar to those found in children living near, ... gas station, in this case because of benzene fumes. is already a lot : Evil: ), or in any case, this criterion cannot be taken into account in a more significant way than the fact of working 8 hours / day in a rotten environment.

Still, it is not because the scientists tell me that it is surely not dangerous that I would buy a house under a HT line. Well I intend to do the same at home, and put the odds on my side.

: Arrow: Indeed it is not proven that to have cables which pass in a wall, a catch with 5cm of my head, a radio reviel whose TFO is with 15 cm of my head, my GSM which charges on the bedside table ( off anyway huh !! : Mrgreen: ) during all the nights I sleep at home is harmful.

But my common sense tells me that it doesn't help protect me from nasty germs either : Evil: . 8)

: Arrow: You also talk about the fact that this system has been used in all houses since electricity was introduced into it, which is quite true.

: Arrow: But during the 20th century, we still saw an explosion in the number of cancers, ... which is certainly due to multiple factors which we can certainly never unravel the ball. But perhaps this is one of them. (As to whether there has been an explosion in the number of illnesses or detections of these same illnesses, I believe the two factors add up.)

: Arrow: Two small things to finish (courage friend reader, it's almost over. : Cheesy: )

Electromagnetic hypersensitivity is a disease recognized by the WHO, and more and more taken into account, a friend is a victim, well it is impossible for him to use his mobile phone more than 10 min in a row without suffering from migraine and he's been sleeping a lot better since he broke his clock radio.

I'm not saying that everyone is hyper-sensitive, but the way I see it is that some people have a better ear than others, and perceive sounds better, ... I guess he Me only perceives EM waves, but that does not mean it's harmless to me either. So for me, precaution.

: Arrow: I have a knowledge which makes geobiology, one believes in it or not, it is anything but rational, obviously. But the advice he gave me in the layout of my house is mostly just common sense and principles such as the precautionary one stated above. Like what sometimes, the soft-crazy and parallel beliefs join the sciences "quite simply" and the.common sense.

Bravo to those who have read so far, they have come to earn all my respect.
0 x
camel1

by camel1 » 07/02/07, 00:10

This debate is interesting, and indeed, sometimes, a little common sense can make good savings ...

Atqui, as you seem in the paper / pencil phase, for a breast habitat, begins by thinking about your electrical system according to living spaces.

Example, at home I did not run a power line to the head of the bed, the sockets in the bedroom are far away, and thus, there is no risk of EM disturbance.
For the reading lights, I tinkered with white LED models, with batteries that I recharge from time to time, no need for 40 W to read the pile : Cheesy:
I left outlets in the room for the vacuum cleaner ...

I am concerned like you about the EM quality of my place of life, but I know that unfortunately, and unless we shield its box like Faraday cage, we are literally immersed in EM disturbances of all kinds, and more and more ...
WIFI, GSM, Radio / TV Hertzien, parasites of the starts / stops of the electric motors, .... and so on.

So, I would be quite like André, to think that the shielding of electrical wires ... : Lol:

A bit like wanting to quit smoking to preserve your lungs, and go jogging twice a week, when you live in town : Shock: : Cheesy: (yes! I have seen some like that : Lol: )

On the other hand, cellulose wadding is great, I put it in my attic, it remains one of the cheapest alternatives to mineral wools, and it absolutely does not itch! The only problem (for me at the time) is that I had to bring it from Germany, -> transport : Evil:
Not a single manufacturer going to my home ... say it's a newsprint recycling industry, grrrr!

Finally, since you are asking our opinions, concerning the solution to regulate humidity, there is something much cheaper than fermacell, and which has proven itself for a long time, it is lime!
A good recipe, a coating made from lime, sand and wood shavings (or hemp).
You can project it, float it, you can even make your slab with it!
Results: hygro regulator, thermal insulator, and economical HYPER (economic! : Cheesy: )
If you opt for this solution, plan a concrete mixer, and a few friends to help you, this kind of work is going smoothly if we are well organized!

And finally, if you had to remember a piece of advice, it's about the part of your budget that you will allocate to the heating / insulation couple:
The current trend (in France) is about 80% for heating and 20% for insulation. When you look at your energy costs on 15 years, you end up with a rather salty bill!

Now reverse the proportions, a big well-kept insulation, and you will only need a small stove to heat your whole house, in the coldest periods. If you have taken care, BY DESIGN, to use passive solar to the maximum, you will practically only need a flat collector for hot water, and possibly, if you have the means, a photovoltaic for the juice ...
Same investment initially, but operating cost radically different!

Maybe you've already thought of all this, but hey ...
: Cheesy:

Good meditations!

Michel
0 x
We were on the brink, but we made a big step forward ...

Go back to "Real estate and eco-construction: diagnostics, HQE, HPE, bioclimatism, natural habitat and climatic architecture"