EcoVillage project

Construction of natural or ecological habitat: plans, design, advice, expertise, materials, geobiology ... House, construction, heating, insulation: you have just received one or more quotes. Can't choose? State your problem here and we will advise you on the right choice! Help in reading DPE or environmental energy diagnostics. Help with the purchase or sale of real estate.
Thunderman
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

EcoVillage project

by Thunderman » 27/05/06, 02:41

Hello everyone : Mrgreen: ! For the small presentation, I am 27 years old, I compose make electro music influenced reggae / ska and many others (but do not live yet) Otherwise, I alternate between rmi and interim. Besides that I have a BIG project, an ecovillage project. This is precisely what brings me here. I am looking for people with the same ideal life as me. So here is my project ...

If you have questions, ideas, or criticisms (other than: it's a sect, it's back to prehistory or it's cut off from the world, ... thank you) do not hesitate.
Good reading : Mrgreen: !

Do you also dream… OF ANOTHER LIFE?

I. ETHICS & BASIC PRINCIPLES

Ethics is based on love, respect (of others, of oneself, of the commons, of the environment), frankness, interest in others, physical and psychological mutual aid (responding to a ask but also spontaneously), the power to question and thus become aware of its faults, know how to take them into account and recognize them too, know how to listen at least as much as express themselves, know how to leave the benefit of the doubt and not to judge a thought, an opinion or an act without a minimum of certainties. A whole, capable of finally giving meaning to the words freedom, equality, fraternity. Conversely, competition, selfishness, individualism, closed-mindedness, intolerance, demagoguery, bad liver, are as many vices, symptoms of mechanisms as the system favored. So to be treated imperatively if need be. I think that the principle of SEL in healthy ecovollage (and even outside) would be contradictory with the notion of mutual aid specific to fraternity. Regulating services would make people less accountable and encourage vice.
It is to consider the community as an ecovillage where everyone will be next to each other in the same way as in town, but freedom, equality and fraternity in addition. Everyone will have the right to their privacy. Participation in meals and other common activities (leisure / educational) is in no way compulsory.
No extra money (or time) will be claimed from a couple of parents with 1 to 2 children in their care. This project is planned with a view to the future in all that it encompasses. From 3 children on the other hand it will become essential to add a certain amount of participation. A person without children will have as much time to devote to common tasks as a parent. I point out that beyond 4 children things are likely to get seriously complicated.
It is expected that everyone can flourish in what they want to undertake. Each skill and desire must be able to be exploited. It is in any case the ideal which we will try to approach. For my part, set up a restoration / customization workshop for bikes / mob and other objects, or even a cafe / concert set up in a double-decker bus, a recording studio, a hemp culture (hemp will save the world said Jack Herer), an itinerant organic sandwich shop, I’m not missing ideas!
Insofar as another member joins the group, an inhabitant will be able to leave us if he wishes. In this case the money paid by the new inhabitant will be returned to the starter at the height of his participation and to a limit of 20.000. If the sum provided by the newcomer does not equal that to be paid, the monthly payments will be transferred to it until reaching the sum in question. If the cooperative has the possibility, it will directly compensate part or all of the difference. The goods put in common by this one will of course be recoverable. If the community has the necessary money available (which seems rather unlikely) it will not be necessary for the member to wait for the arrival of a newcomer.
Decisions will be taken at a higher level of equality than the so-called "democratic" majority. As long as a person is not sufficiently in agreement with a decision, this solution will be considered unsatisfactory. It will then have to be adapted or changed. If, on the other hand, the arguments of the minority party do not correspond to the ethics and principles of the community, they will not be recognized as valid. Everyone will have the right and duty to make known their opinions (justified personal and founded) when they are necessary for a decision-making. This implies a minimum effort of profit-sharing and reflection. I would specify that "neither for nor against" is an opinion which can count as such as soon as it remains founded and personal. Each week or fortnight will take place a meeting at which each member must be present. At any time apart from these, others may be organized, necessary for making important or / and urgent decisions.
It is excluded that a special place is reserved for religious beliefs. They will simply be considered as they define themselves, ie "beliefs". Any propaganda is to be avoided, all the more so if it is opposed to the ethics defined here. On the other hand, the simple freedom of expression keeps an essential place, and this, whatever the topic approached. Is it really necessary to specify it?
A cooperative will be used for the maintenance of all the commons, and for the purchase of supplies and food that we could not produce by our means. Each month a sum must be paid by the members. The profits from the sales of our agricultural surpluses will be added to this.
We will sell our agricultural surpluses in the surrounding markets as well as in the building industry. We will buy our missing needs from local productions and stores.

II. EDUCATION

SCHOOL:
It would be desirable for parents to learn the school program at home.
Parents could ask for help from other members who are comfortable teaching certain subjects, for example. Or even, schooling for all children could be provided by one or more volunteer members. In all cases there is then a problem to take into account: Our children must not find themselves unsociable and clueless in the face of the system. As far as possible, they should be in contact with other nearby resident children. I would point out that nothing prevents parents from enrolling their children in school in the neighboring village, they are responsible and free and their children also to a certain extent. Only, if they accumulate the ethical differences on which the group is based, they may not feel good there.
It would probably be good at some point for the children to go to school for 1 month, so that they at least know what it is exactly. Once they are grown up, it may be necessary for them to join a school specializing in the field where they would like to develop. A school for adults, in which respect is probably a little more present. (though)

REAL LIFE:
As far as possible, each member will naturally have to pass on their knowledge to those who ask for it (according to "mutual aid" appearing in the paragraph on ethics) and this particularly applies to children. Each member will have to pass on their gifts and knowledge to the children of the group who will come to see them. In addition, occasionally a member (or a group of members) may organize a course on a subject that he or she masters. I'm not talking about what goes into the school curriculum but in learning "real" life. Manufacture, a piece of furniture, a raft, repair a bicycle, make a fire, play an instrument, cook, etc ... but also cultural and ethical knowledge, and knowing how to think for oneself. Children are very often disappointed as they grow older when they realize that adults are not as smart as they thought. I know something about it, I was and still think I am. I believe that we are all in fact, but our behavior must adapt to be taken as seriously as possible in this world of perpetual competition. So let us know how to remain humble and do not hide behind a mask our weaknesses as simple human beings.

“The right to educate children is one of the most fundamental. It is only this legal process that can avoid formatting and therefore encourage diversity of thinking. The current system promotes stagnation, by all means. "

III. FIELD

Located near a water point, the (agricultural) land must be large enough to settle there, cultivate enough to live on and practice all leisure activities and businesses / associations. Big enough also in anticipation of future children and the possible arrival of some new members. So at least 50ha. Land isolated enough not to suffer the inconvenience of a busy road. It is imperative that the land be provided with a building at least in ruins in order to be able to legally install furnished buses, mobile homes, yurts or 20m2 barracks on the "agricultural" land. It will therefore be quite expensive, but the ruin can be partially renovated to serve as habitat at first. Then this building will serve as a local for the sale of the products of the associations / companies of the members as well as common places (multipurpose room, stock, delivery of agricultural tools, etc.). Let us count a minimum of 150.000th for the land with housing to renovate.
It will take 20.000 euros per member for the entire project (excluding private property), at least 5000 of which must be immediately available for the purchase of the land and its building to be renovated. Then for those who have not paid 20.000, a sum must be paid each month until this figure is reached. It will be fixed or adapted to everyone's possibilities. At first, for members who cannot (or who do not want) to settle immediately, there will be the possibility of living in the building. The sole pretext of having paid the 5000th minimum will not be able to justify a too long absence while on the spot others will give themselves full time in the realization of the common project

IV. THE PLACE

If possible far from big cities and polluting industrial activity areas, preferably in a hilly corner. Located in the south of France, region to be determined.

V. COMMON GOODS

One or two small used diesel cars. widespread (106, super5, ...), diesel combis / minibuses for group travel and transport of loads. Long-term use of electric vehicles. A multi-purpose room: meeting room, dining hall, cinema (big TV), library containing shared books / magazines / docs (adults & children). A workshop containing tools (excluding agricultural tools) also shared. A tool room specially dedicated to agricultural work. An activity room for children. As well as the batteries necessary for the energy needs of these common places for times of low wind. A large round table where everyone would gather in the evenings to eat and talk, a small stage a little further away for possible exhibitions (music, show, or films / photos by overhead projector on canvas) let's say a multimedia space. The land (so the fields, the orchard and the rest of the space) will be common. A large round table for summer meals as well as a shared kitchen room dedicated to these outdoor meals. Obviously, everyone is free to eat at home, at the table, in the multi-purpose room (the cold half of the year or in rainy weather) or anywhere else with whom they want and when they wish. All personal property shared by members will remain their property if they so wish. They will keep a priority option. The goods purchased by the community will belong to all of its members. The wind turbine will be shared and will serve everyone's energy needs. The individual batteries will therefore have to be acquired by each member to meet their personal and specific energy needs when the wind turbine will not be able to meet them. The associated companies will have to go beyond a certain consumption, to bring their own wind turbine bought jointly or each one its own means of energy production.

VI. PRIVATE GOODS

Each member will be able (and will have a minimum) to share personal goods likely to help the project to its accomplishment ... the community has its development. They will remain his property and he will have priority over it. Example: kitchen equipment, tools, documentation, leisure / cultural equipment, etc.

HOUSING:
For my part despite its non-ecological materials I would opt for a mobile home (for its flexibility, comfort, practicality, modularity such as the possibility of coupling 2 to save space, vertically or horizontally!) Of course everyone is free to choose: yurts, equipped buses ... I am not specially for fixed huts for the simple reason that if by choice (for a sunnier place for example) or by necessity (flood for example) we were taken to move the habitats, it would be impossible for the permanent residents to follow. Again everyone is free and responsible for themselves but also for others to some extent. And according to this rule therefore, I must warn of the possibility (quite low but even qunt) of a problem of this kind. The cabins or eco houses can be up to 40m2 by a legal tip on the canopies / verandas (to be checked). Despite everything, if this is still insufficient, nothing prevents several from being built against each other, connected by corridors (even underground, why not!). Batteries must be acquired by each member to meet their personal and specific energy needs in times of low efficiency of the wind turbine when the wind turbine will not be able to meet them.

BUSINESS / ASSOCIATIONS:
The theme of each company, association, must respect a minimum the ethics of the community. The implementation and monitoring of each business will be discussed and decided by all the members whether they are part of it or not. They can either be located next to the home of its creator or in a place reserved for associates / companies. They can be created for several naturally. The money, the strengths, the infrastructure they generate must not be disproportionate. If the regulations according to the land authorize constructions greater than 20m2 (40m2 with canopy), a maximum area will be determined. The goal being above all to be self sufficient and to take advantage of a free and natural space, it is not a question of creating an industrial zone! And this even if the companies in question participate in their orientation to saving the planet. Another piece of land will then have to be invested. If the size of the room is not sufficient, the association / company can be divided into several rooms making up the poles. Each member creating a business / association, will have to involve in priority the members who wish it before going to seek labor outside the community (as far as possible). The premises must be built at the expense of members on the initiative of these projects. The associated companies will have to bring the batteries necessary for their needs. From a certain consumption, the associates / companies will have to subscribe for a new wind turbine which will be reserved for them or else each will acquire a means of energy production sufficient to meet their needs. Each person's income must represent a percentage of the rents of all equivalent companies. From a certain amount, the creators will be entitled to the surplus (if there is) of the annuities of their company / association. Each member has a say in the companies / associates, whether they are creators, employees or non-employees. It will not be a question of favoring one enterprise over another on the sole criterion of profit. Let this be clear, everyone has the right to their development and diversity is to be encouraged. The criteria which could lead to decide to question the existence of one of our companies / associates, would be for example: a drift of its objectives defined at its creation in a direction opposite to the ethics of the group, or else if this one puts another in danger, ... The associations / companies that will need people from the outside or raw material will address local people first, thus promoting relocation, rather than globalization.

OTHER:
Everyone is free to hold the goods they want, as soon as they are responsible and that they respect a minimum the freedom of other members by their use. I can not advise too much to encourage the purchase of local goods or at least French non-globalist if possible.

VII. THE EXPENDABLES

ENERGIE:
A wind turbine, and other more secondary alternatives that are particularly suited to specific uses such as solar collectors for heating water, or sunflower oil for transport, or even ecogas for…. All this with the aim of achieving long-term autonomy at 100 ° /. (means of transport included).

WATER:
It is imperative that there is a water point nearby or that it can be drawn from the ground in sufficient and sustainable quantity for everyone's needs. This water must be (or can be made) healthy enough to be used for washing and drinking. This implies means of testing and treating water. Rainwater collector. Filters.

FOOD:
Growing vegetables, cereals and fruits for an autonomy of 50 ° /. in the medium term (80 ° /. in the long term and at least). Members must necessarily love animals, and be able to do without meat or almost. Breeding hens for eggs (in freedom it goes without saying), cows for milk but also for field maintenance (mowing). Possibly sheep for field maintenance and wool. Can also be a donkey for field maintenance and carrying loads, or even walking children. All of this will have to be defined in terms of means, capacities and priorities. Meat from newborns will be excluded (lamb, calves). The breeding of animals for meat is not ecological compared to vegetable farming for the same contribution in elements. Personally, I hardly eat any more meat although I love that, it does not require any effort contrary to what one thinks. Please note that meat is not prohibited but must in any case be very limited.

IIX. RESPONSIBILITIES

Everyone must be sufficiently responsible for themselves, for others, for their goods, for common goods, for the environment. Everyone will have to participate in the activities of living together according to their skills, their areas of predilection, their abilities, their desires: cooking, maintenance, construction, repair, agriculture, reflections for the improvement of our common and individual lives, etc. .. This also applies to relaxation activities, which are superfluous just as essential to our daily comfort, such as: organization of hikes, parties, games, artistic exhibitions, sports ... Each person has something to contribute. Thus forming a whole which will make the "identity" of our community.

IX. THE BIG JUMP

In addition to being a sufficient number for the purchase of land and building, it is imperative that the knowledge, gifts, capacities of each complement each other enough to form a set of varied and adapted skills, capable of getting started without difficulties. major. We will be able to ask a little less from members arriving with dependent children.

“Human beings are not made to live in a society of more than X individuals. Communication is no longer done. We are brought together, it divides us and they reign ... To this is added the laws which disempower and favor vice. "

Nils MIRANDOLA

THIS IS NOT AN ELECTORAL PROGRAM! THIS PROJECT BELONGS TO ME AS MUCH AS TO WHO OWNS IT. TO CHANGE THE WORLD, IT IS NO LONGER TO BE A CITIZEN, BUT ITS PROR POLITICIAN. ACTING ACCORDING TO HIM AND HIS OWN MEANS
0 x
Thunderman
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Thunderman » 27/05/06, 02:43

You have reached the end! thank you very much for your attention : Wink: !
0 x
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

- EcoVillage project -

by denis » 27/05/06, 06:30

hi, nice program! you have to find a farm or a village to sell, but prices are going up! I would be leaving, there is fed up with these selfish mentalities! a dream??
but I know that dreams come true :D
a village in ardeche :D or to my house, it's nice too
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/05/06, 10:08

I move the subject in EcoConstruction.

You should contact Bilbo and the straw builders, right?
0 x
lio74
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Re: - EcoVillage Project -

by lio74 » 27/05/06, 10:18

Thunderman wrote:Hello everyone : Mrgreen: ! For the small presentation, I am 27 years old, I compose make electro music influenced reggae / ska and many others (but do not live yet) Otherwise, I alternate between rmi and interim. Besides that I have a BIG project, an ecovillage project. This is precisely what brings me here. I am looking for people with the same ideal life as me. So here is my project ...

If you have questions, ideas, or criticisms (other than: it's a sect, it's back to prehistory or it's cut off from the world, ... thank you) do not hesitate.
Good reading : Mrgreen: !

Do you also dream… OF ANOTHER LIFE?

Hello :D
well i just printed your post ..... 6p in character 10 .... i will read it comfortably in the garden : Mrgreen:

for info I am 22 years old, I just finished my year of master 1 (bac + 4) 3 days ago : Lol: so it's vacation :!:

I haven't read it yet, but only the name .... I have the same ambitions ... to create a balanced living space (eco-domain) for the man and the nature that surrounds it. .. finally, the idea is not to create a sect or to live in total autarky .... but to live in parallel with society without being subject to it and depends ...

well I come back after reading ... : Lol:
ps: you can send me your email address, I could send you the doc that I started to write on the subject!
@+
0 x
"To do something is expensive, to do nothing will cost much more." Koffie Annan
next species endangered: Man ... and it will be good for him !!!
MAN IS A VERY DANGEROUS POLLUTION NATURAL!
Misterloxo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Misterloxo » 27/05/06, 12:40

Nice intention and nice program;

it reminds me of the "Aper Sonn" project:

http://www.solidarite.asso.fr/actions/diogene2.htm

Here are other similar projects:

http://www.passerelleco.info/rubrique.php3?id_rubrique=30

Me, there are days when I will lay down everything, work, apart ... to live something else, otherwise ...
it still requires some courage ...

Good luck with your project.

@+
0 x
Learning disobedience is a long process. It takes a lifetime to reach perfection. "Maurice Rajsfus
To think is to say no. "Alain, philosopher
zac
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 27/05/06, 13:44

Misterloxo wrote:Me, there are days when I will lay down everything, work, apart ... to live something else, otherwise ...
@+

Hello
What is waiting for you?
@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
lio74
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by lio74 » 27/05/06, 13:50

Misterloxo wrote:Nice intention and nice program;

it reminds me of the "Aper Sonn" project:
http://www.solidarite.asso.fr/actions/diogene2.htm

Here are other similar projects:
http://www.passerelleco.info/rubrique.php3?id_rubrique=30

Me, there are days when I will lay down everything, work, apart ... to live something else, otherwise ...

Good luck with your project.

@+

hummm, passerelleco it's a good link for you Thunderman : Cheesy:
it should not be done with a single ecovillage must be done at the 5 corner of France : Idea:

well I laughed while reading the 1st part ... fitted out trucks, bus with 2 stages to make a mobile sandwich shop (there are 2 English buses which decay not far from dear me), room multi media .... ect ... ... we have the same dreams. but beware wanting to achieve such a utopia is like imposing a dictatorship ....

give me your address and I will send you my project, finally the draft, there is a lot in common! if you have MSN it would be good.

a little thought: be careful not to take too much on people's privacy.

moa also i have too many ideas but which are not all feasible at the same time, this is why it is necessary fiare according to the opportunity and the commitment of people to develop several branches: agri, crafts , theater, education ......

my idea on the thing is to have a site (agricultural land + common building) which would be the center of an association, finally the head of a federation of assos ...

ecovillages is a bit like the future of the Planet ...
it is useless to go to the street to face the CRS to change the way of life of the country! we must mobilize and act, lead by example, and people who understand that it is in their interests and that of their children will join the ranks of themselves !!

I have only one word to add: let's organize the resistance against the over-exploitation of resources and people :!: :!: :!: :!:
0 x
"To do something is expensive, to do nothing will cost much more." Koffie Annan

next species endangered: Man ... and it will be good for him !!!

MAN IS A VERY DANGEROUS POLLUTION NATURAL!
camel1

One more...

by camel1 » 27/05/06, 19:28

Hi Thunderman (and the others : Cheesy: )

Your (long) post only confirms what I think:
Today, our society is a bit like a container of water saturated with salt (brine). it's still liquid, but you just have to seed it with a salt crystal, and the crystallization will spread throughout the liquid, at an astonishing speed!

There are, at the present time, an impressive number of initiatives, more or less in their embryonic state, which go in the same direction.
No doubt, the weariness and despair engendered by the behavior of our political class has something to do with it, but more and more groups of citizens are deciding that something must be done without them, since we have more and more '' information that demonstrates that there is a multitude of alternatives, in all areas ...

I'm more used to forum concerning the Pantone process, but that does not prevent me, like many of us here, from being interested in the rest, and acting accordingly.

As far as I am concerned, I joined a working group (with a few friends) who is working on the development of a somewhat similar project, both in the philosophy adopted and in the achievements envisaged.
Our project is called "Entrepote" - acronym between the words business + Farmers Fair Trade -
We are at the stage where the "mother" association has been declared (for one month), and where the preparation of a GA, intended to identify the people who can take part in the project is underway.

I would like to say here that such a project can only be envisaged collectively, given the adversity with which we must confront. It takes a "critical mass" of individuals to give the project the strength to impose itself, without which it will end up in the trash of unrealized dreams ...

To do this, it is better to rely on wills already well convinced and well informed, who can assume the role of locomotives, focusing as much as possible on the networking of skills / knowledge / material goods that can be put at the service of project (what we call, at home, the Potential ...)

The dominant system works thanks to dispersion and individualism, if we want to change it, we must already regroup, but not at any cost. Indeed, this system includes zealous servants, close to all the trash to kill in the bud this kind of initiative.
This is why, I insist, it is imperative that the founders of an alternative structure know each other well, so as to be sure that there will not be in the lot a bastard who comes to rot everything!

In corrolaire, it is obviously necessary to write a Charter (a bit like what you put in the preamble of your paper, Thunderman) which specifies the conditions under which a participant can fit into the structure, his rights, his duties , and the way in which the collective will settle the deviances caused by certain members (knowing human nature, it is good to think of everything, including possible "bastards" who would be tempted to parasitize the system ... : Evil: )

And then of course, do not forget the global dimension, so that these initiatives, scattered all over the territory, come together in a network, both a source of information, of concrete examples of achievement, of cultural practices " organic ", of purchasing groups on natural products, making it possible to do without large distribution.

For Entrepote, we decided to include a cooperative dimension, which will allow producers to benefit from a structure giving them access to the local network - both for helping hands and for the flow of their production - as well as a design office whose object will be to set up experiments in all the alternative fields (auto / eco construction, renewable energies, ergonomic gardening tools, water cycle, etc ...)

We are currently looking for a place that will allow us to create a logistical and land base for this project, on which a certain number of these activities will be concentrated (knowing that it will in no case be a place in a vacuum!) .
The idea is to create a "showcase" of alternatives, concrete, which immediately responds to the life-changing need of many of our acquaintances, with the will to spread, by the force of example.

In short, it is a question of working on the crystallization of a new model of society, decentralized, functioning in network, without leader, thus virtually indestructible, which is essential, step by step, until destroying the old system ass over head, and all without resorting to violence ... : Mrgreen:

To return to the concrete, we must not lose sight of the fact that investing in a place where we carry out such a project is not without posing fairly hairy problems, especially with regard to building permits and everything in between. .

The strategy that we have adopted for our part, and that I submit here, is to prepare a project presentation file, with a solid collective behind, and to meet mayors of "eligible" municipalities according to the criteria selected (no need to to go there alone, with his good will, question of credibility ...

Because you should know that in terms of urban planning and building permits, the mayor represents an ally or an opponent of weight, depending on whether we have managed to convince him or not of the positive nature of the project.
Highlight that this is a life-size experiment, that the municipality can gain in terms of influence, population and quality of life, both for locals and for neos ...
Highlight the synergies, on the territory, that this implies, the positive impact on local employment, the environment thanks to the respectful techniques implemented, etc ...

This subject is so vast that I could probably make a very long post, too, but I think I will stop there for today ...

Just know, Thunderman, that you're not the only one thinking like that, and that at some point, taking action, it consists first of all in creating a small affinity group, on the subject, then to structure ideas in a file on which everyone agrees, which requires open-mindedness, diplomacy, and sometimes leads to having to recognize that on such a subject, we planted ourselves!

Then once all these ingredients have marinated well, create an association (or not), according to what has been decided collectively, and start the search for the place, and all kinds of help that we can have in the sum of personal networks of each of the participants.

As with all things, the preparation phase is decisive for the conduct of the project, from the idea to its completion. :D

Finally, one more thing, I'm reading a great book, which my friend Didier had advised me, and which is called:

I'm waiting for a house
the ecological habitat book
Author: François Desombres
Ed: The green stone

This book is a wealth of information, wisdom, on all subjects relating to housing, but not only ...

Here, a +++

Michel
0 x
We were on the brink, but we made a big step forward ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/05/06, 19:40

I remind you of the existence of a book that you may already know: https://www.econologie.com/l-habitat-eco ... -2616.html
Last edited by Christophe the 04 / 03 / 08, 08: 49, 1 edited once.
0 x