Does PHPP replace RT2012 thermal study?

Construction of natural or ecological habitat: plans, design, advice, expertise, materials, geobiology ... House, construction, heating, insulation: you have just received one or more quotes. Can't choose? State your problem here and we will advise you on the right choice! Help in reading DPE or environmental energy diagnostics. Help with the purchase or sale of real estate.
RHARTANE
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Does PHPP replace RT2012 thermal study?

by RHARTANE » 06/06/20, 12:48

Hello,

The question is simple but oh so important:

I start from these 3 postulates (I can be wrong, and thank you for correcting me if necessary):
    A thermal study is necessary when filing the building permit, like the soil study it seems to me.
    The manufacturer has an obligation to respect the current RT (until today RT2012).
    PHPP software is currently the most accurate in terms of assessing the energy consumption of a building.

Question: Can the calculation via this software be carried out by an individual, and is this accepted by law? Can it thus replace a RT2012 thermal study, or does it come for information in addition to RT 2012. As little as I know, the calculation methodologies diverge, and therefore the results.
So, legally, is it considered to be a thermal study, and may it be sufficient in the case of self-construction?

Thank you for your informed feedback,

Sincerely,
0 x
A.D. 44
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: PHPP does it follow RT2012 thermal study?

by A.D. 44 » 06/06/20, 12:56

Hello,

I have no answer to give.

On the other hand, that is an area that Phil12 masters (for good reason it is his job).

So it's up to you to ring the doorbell near his house.

Maybe by sending her a private message or something.

His nickname is: Phil12
0 x
Juju64
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: PHPP does it follow RT2012 thermal study?

by Juju64 » 19/06/20, 12:19

Hello,

My feedback from the pro (ex pro who has done a lot of thermal studies, but who is in the industrial side of energy now):
Can the calculation via this software be carried out by an individual, and is this accepted by law? To my knowledge, you need a company with someone capable of justifying your competence (diploma, experience ...), so as an autoentrepreneur it doesn't really work. To check anyway because I'm only 95% sure

Can it thus replace a RT2012 thermal study, or does it come for information in addition to RT 2012. As far as I know, the calculation methodologies diverge, and therefore the results. No PHPP cannot substitute this for a thermal study because not in the list http://www.rt-batiment.fr/logiciels-d-application-a15.html. In addition PHPP is not all the most efficient software to calculate your real consumption, besides the engine of RT2012 either. Pleiade comfie or Cypecad mep dynamic simulations or a bunch of other STD software are much more accurate. What the RT2012 calculation engine does is not to calculate a real consumption but to calculate a consumption standardized to all of France, and taking into account the different lobbies that have pushed to calculate the consumption to their advantage.

So, legally, is it considered to be a thermal study, and may it be sufficient in the case of self-construction? No, but I think that as for certain regulations (disabled for example) there are derogations and possibilities not to take into account the RT2012 but with constraints behind the sale among others.
See the housing code, light habitats and the schemes of people who self-build particular habitats like yurts. I was doing thermal studies for "classic" buildings, collective housing, offices, industry, shops ...
What we do for the permit is to do the quick thermal study and send the xml file to the RT website and get a BBio certificate in return here http://www.rt-batiment.fr/attestations-de-prise-en-compte-de-la-a21.html

What type of self-construction do you do? Wood, straw earth?
0 x
: Arrow: : Cheesy: : Arrowl: