Old house floor heating on cellar ceiling FBI?

Construction of natural or ecological habitat: plans, design, advice, expertise, materials, geobiology ... House, construction, heating, insulation: you have just received one or more quotes. Can't choose? State your problem here and we will advise you on the right choice! Help in reading DPE or environmental energy diagnostics. Help with the purchase or sale of real estate.
owen
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Old house floor heating on cellar ceiling FBI?

by owen » 15/07/11, 12:40

Hello,

I have an old house with a cellar under the living room whose floor is Carlé.

Is the solar thermal underfloor heating in an old house by modifying the ceiling of a cellar does it in renovation for this kind of building of 1870?

What are the recommendations to be considered?

In this post, I'm looking for doc about prerequisites, advantage / disadvantage, or is it an FBI (false good idea) .....

cordially

please

owen
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/07/11, 13:33

Uh the idea deserves to be dug. It would be underfloor heating "from below" if you want ... the problem will be the transmission of calories via the floor.

So it's hard to say like that, what's the type of floor? What thickness?

If wood (probably seen the age of the house): it will isolate ...
If concrete, it will lead the heat but it will make a thermal bridge to its supports ... so big losses in the walls. It takes 2 m of concrete to make the equivalent of 4 cm of insulation. So we can imagine heating the concrete in the center of the ceiling only from 1.5 - 2 m walls ... but beyond that will generate a lot of losses!

I think you can test the idea by plating a small electric heater (it's easier) on the ceiling of the cellar (in the middle) and see if you feel the heat rising after a few tens of minutes ... j still have some doubts when I already see the inertia that have our heated floors (concrete, 25cm thick including 10 cm of heated screed).

To study so, interesting anyway.
0 x
owen
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by owen » 15/07/11, 14:04

It's an idea that came to me.

I make efforts of insulation of the walls to reduce my fuel consumption.

Now I think about the technical capacity of heating and heat accumulation compared to my building

Meanwhile I found a company that offers a solution:

http://www.multibeton-france.fr/notice- ... t_ssol.htm

I do not know what to think.
0 x
owen
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by owen » 15/07/11, 23:27

as I said, the living room is squirted on clevis

an image of the ceiling of my cellar:

Last edited by owen the 16 / 07 / 11, 20: 14, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/07/11, 07:45

If a pro proposes it is that it must work but as I thought it is on concrete floor.

Here you can ask Dirk Pitt how it works: https://www.econologie.com/forums/post208004.html#208004 (if there is a room above his garage)
: Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x