troglodytes

Construction of natural or ecological habitat: plans, design, advice, expertise, materials, geobiology ... House, construction, heating, insulation: you have just received one or more quotes. Can't choose? State your problem here and we will advise you on the right choice! Help in reading DPE or environmental energy diagnostics. Help with the purchase or sale of real estate.
titus02
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by titus02 » 19/10/05, 17:37

Hi everybody

do any of you live in or know of cave dwellings?

if yes can they share their experiences with me please?

those who have (or have tried) a troglodyte have they had problems with the municipalities on
which are located their grounds (my great obsession in case of attempts)
what are the steps to do to arrange a troglodyte, what are the possible prohibitions.

someone who knows land with a cave or quarry for sale in the department of Aisne (02)
Thank you in advance for your answers

signed: a future flinty!
0 x
I prefer a stupid who walks than three seated intellectuals (thank you Audiart).
Bibiphoque
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bibiphoque » 20/10/05, 08:44

Hello,
Although living in the "flat country", I have always been fascinated by troglo, I find it too cool !!
And google gives as results:
http://www.google.fr/search?hl=fr&q=troglo...ta=lr%3Dlang_fr
@ + and good digs in there!
B)
0 x
This is not because we always said that it is impossible that we should not try :)
claude07
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by claude07 » 20/10/05, 22:22

I have a great tip !! go to dick !!!

yahoo insolite Wednesday October 12, 2005, 12:23 pm

Idaho at a good price, 5 dollars a night ... in a cave
SALMON, Idaho (Reuters) - An Idaho retiree offers inexpensive vacations, $ 5 a night and $ 25 a month for the rental ... of a cave.

There is no floor service, no pool, no microwave, no coffee machine, no TV, or even electricity but the accommodation includes a mattress and logs for heating, specifies Richard Zimmerman, 89, in his advertisements.

This former construction worker, nicknamed "Dugout Dick" ("Le Dick des tranchées"), himself lives in one of these residences which he spent several decades digging on the hillside, on the heights Salmon river rapids.

The ten cavities rented by Zimmerman are about thirty meters deep, consolidated with stones, mud and straw, and supported by fir trunks.

The retiree, who considered that it was high time for him to go from work to business, has already welcomed some foreign tourists, including an Englishman and a Spanish. But they haven't gotten used to life underground, admits Zimmerman.

"It doesn't suit everyone (...) but I expect the case to take off soon."
0 x
titus02
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by titus02 » 27/10/05, 12:14

Thank you for your answers,

I had already done the research, nothing very terrible, especially "historical" of
troglo- and nothing on the legal level.
when in Idaho it’s a little detour !, in addition I mostly look for tips on
the laws governing housing, it's true that I could do it myself, I already tried,
but I find it difficult to find myself in all these texts, derogation amendments etc etc

thanks again, see you
0 x
I prefer a stupid who walks than three seated intellectuals (thank you Audiart).
DavidHervé
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by DavidHervé » 27/10/05, 17:33

I did some research on a legal database (Lexis-nexis)
and obviously the cave house is really an ultra marginal case from the point of view of the law. (nothing in the building code)

The only thing that is mentioned is that if you install door or window to your cave you need a building permit.

I quote "The control of the external appearance of the buildings led the Administrative Court of Appeal of Bordeaux (2nd ch., May 5, 1994, Ganaye: Gaz. Pal. 1995, 2, pan. Dr. Adm. P. 102 ; EC rec., Tables p. 1249; Juris-Data n ° 1994-046723) to require a building permit for the creation of doors and windows and the construction of a facade wall outside troglodyte caves (See infra n ° 60). "

Moreover in France the only case for which you do not need a building permit is for a room of 20 m² maximum without foundation ... <_
Suffice to say that a cave is not won, but good fortune smiled at the daring

Good luck with your research.
0 x
GTHA
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

come and have a look at saumur

by GTHA » 28/11/05, 17:54

there is a lot of cote de saumur (49)
some inhabited, others in restaurants, ....
0 x

Go back to "Real estate and eco-construction: diagnostics, HQE, HPE, bioclimatism, natural habitat and climatic architecture"