magical product for exterior cleaning !!!

Construction of natural or ecological habitat: plans, design, advice, expertise, materials, geobiology ... House, construction, heating, insulation: you have just received one or more quotes. Can't choose? State your problem here and we will advise you on the right choice! Help in reading DPE or environmental energy diagnostics. Help with the purchase or sale of real estate.
pieroxy
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

magical product for exterior cleaning !!!

by pieroxy » 09/10/10, 13:17

A person came to my house with a "Magic" product to clean the walls of my house, the exposed stones of my walls, my terrace, etc ... Obviously, I smelled the direct scam.

So I told him to do a little test in some corners of the house to find out. See the photos below, we can see where the product has gone. What I noticed:
* The product works almost instantly. For the test, it was rinsed after 5-10 minutes.
* It stinks of chlorine
* All animals run off (spiders, earthworms, etc.)

The type guarantees me a 95% biodegradable and non-toxic product ...

My question: Is it pure chlorine or what? If so, what's the downside of sprinkling it on your terraces insofar as it takes on a "nickel" aspect? Where the exterior walls?

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/10/10, 13:26

Well, he didn't lie: it cleans up well, it looks like : Mrgreen:

It must be an acid-based product like Cillit Bang which are chemical horrors ...
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 09/10/10, 16:09

Apart from elbow grease, there is no magic product: you must use biting products, acids or bases, therefore polluting.

Now, some products neutralize themselves ... by eating your stones : Mrgreen:
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
pieroxy
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by pieroxy » 09/10/10, 16:25

That, to not lie, he did not lie about the cleaning power.

On the other hand, on the 95% biodegradable and the "not toxic", I had a sore nose for 2 hours after having sniffed the thing !!!!

In summary (correct me if I am wrong):

A) These products exist
B) It's not ecological, to say the least
C) It will screw everything up

I was 97% convinced, now it's 110%. So I'm waiting for him to come back ;-)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/10/10, 19:44

pieroxy wrote:I had a sore nose for 2 hours after sniffing the thing !!!!

You're a little early there: https://www.econologie.com/forums/breaking-b ... t9997.html
: Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

pieroxy wrote:In summary (correct me if I am wrong):

A) These products exist

3 times okay ... Are you waiting for him to come back and tell him what?
0 x
pieroxy
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by pieroxy » 09/10/10, 21:30

Christophe wrote:
pieroxy wrote:I had a sore nose for 2 hours after sniffing the thing !!!!

You're a little early there: https://www.econologie.com/forums/breaking-b ... t9997.html
: Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

Well, I don't know the series. I will watch. Here for fun, another series that I love: Six feet Under ground. Nothing to do with ecology, but a little more with drugs ;-)

pieroxy wrote:In summary (correct me if I am wrong):

A) These products exist

Christophe wrote:3 times okay ... Are you waiting for him to come back and tell him what?

To freak her out ;-)
Naaan, I'm kidding. But I don't think he will come back. After the demo he said to me: "So is it good? Shall I do the house?". This is the kind of thing that screams rip-off. If his thing worked he wouldn't need to harass people like that.

Finally, he offered me € 1500 to brush my entire house. I'm going to explain to him that a barrel of chlorine doesn't cost that much, but that redoing all the plaster might cost him more.
0 x
pieroxy
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by pieroxy » 09/10/10, 21:33

It's funny actually, but when people see me tinkering and they come to sell me their thing, I know I have nothing to gain, but I have to pull the rope to make sure the way they try to entrap me. I don't know why, it amuses me to see them taking me for a pigeon and explaining to me that chlorine is not toxic, recyclable and that it will change my life ... Will understand.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 10/10/10, 00:13

No need for the Breaking bad chemistry teacher with his phosphorus hydride to strip plaster and stones from their molds.

You take bleach in a carton concentrated slightly diluted and it kills and discolours by restoring the stone its color. Very practical for cleaning a decrepit tombstone, slabs or stones !!
In addition ecological, because there is only sea salt after and no degradation on limestone. !!

Often they add detergents less ecological than bleach, (or sea water electrolysed by alternating current) !!

Acids are no better when attacking stones.

A good way to sell expensive bleach !!
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 10/10/10, 00:15

In addition you will not make holes in the ceiling as with a strong acid in the bathtub that it dissolves !!!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/10/10, 09:51

dedeleco wrote:In addition you will not make holes in the ceiling as with a strong acid in the bathtub that it dissolves !!!

Ah ah, do I see a 1st fan of Walter White on the horizon? : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

For your impressions: https://www.econologie.com/forums/breaking-b ... t9997.html
0 x