Engine oil in the food I dream or not ????

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/06/08, 11:54

Already seen and outdated information.

I would say : and then it still surprises you after the chicken dioxins hit?

Buy locally and in AMAP and you will no longer have this kind of problem ...
0 x
Pear Belle Helene
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Pear Belle Helene » 22/06/08, 21:30

So much the better if you knew this info, I hadn't seen it yet.

Now say you only have to eat organic and local it's a little easy and reductive.
Not everyone can eat organic, although some people claim the opposite. And eat local ditto.

No question of making controversy but I would like at least that the industrialists failing to make good food is to pray not to poison the consumers.

Eating organic and local is good it's true and in season it's even better. Now let's be logical two seconds, feeding everyone this way will not be possible and if I am wrong then prove it to me !!!

I am the mother of 5 children, married, I live in the countryside, I work at night, my husband by day and our wages are at a minimum.
My two grown-ups (major) are studying. We are the owner of our house. We have a car (a fiat Mulpipla tank and a 125cc motorcycle) and we are very happy as well.

I discovered ecology 7 years ago partly thanks to the internet but also thanks to the meetings I made with other mothers on a forum.
I try every day to do a little better for the planet and for our health, but I am obliged to take into account our budget.
And this is where organic farming comes to its limits, feeding a family of 7 people using organic farming only I can't do it. At least not with our salaries.

I am a member of the amap here and every week I have a vegetable basket for 12 euros but it is enough for a maximum of 3 people not 7.
I make my bread every day and my organic yogurt only.
We eat meat once a week (me a little less because I don't really like it) and dishes bought already cooked are rare at home;
I go to the market on Saturday and I take organic or non-organic vegetables depending on the prices.
But going to the supermarket is still an obligation and there I still thought I would not find myself one day with engine oil in the food.

Our choice lately (well especially mine but my husband am kindly) is the change of heating by eliminating this fuel boiler to replace it with a pellet and a solar tank. But that requires a very large investment, it is a choice that I make with pleasure. But suddenly all organic food will be for later because there impossible.

Now when I look around, when I see some people in our family in the galley and well it bores me to think that the industrialists poison them with the food that they have all the trouble in the world to buy. Why is nothing done to change that ????
Do the "poor" in addition to dying the slab, must die of poisoning or disease due to this filth of food that is given to them ???
This is the world we live in ???? On the one hand, the wealthy who can eat organic food and take care of themselves, and the poor who die ?????

I don't know where we're going but frankly when I think of it too much it freaks me out for my kids.

Your forum is very informative and too technical for me most of the time (and yes I'm blonde : Cheesy: ) but when I am told there is organic food frankly it makes me get out of my hinges sorry.

Good night; Helen
0 x
crispus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by crispus » 22/06/08, 23:04

Do the "poor" in addition to dying the slab, must die of poisoning or disease due to this filth of food that is given to them ???

A consolation in this case: consumers have been exempt from TIPP. : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/06/08, 23:19

Hey, calm down Hélène ... This is neither the first and probably not the last time that there will be a controversy over the food industry. I regret the late recovery by some green groups ... Because this affair is now a thing of the past and if there has been a "poisoning" it is a bit late to encourage a boycott 1 month later ...

Pear Belle Helene wrote:Eating organic and local is good it's true and in season it's even better. Now let's be logical two seconds, feeding everyone this way will not be possible and if I am wrong then prove it to me !!!

1) Really? So does that mean that humanity would starve before industrial agriculture? Paradoxical, right?

2) Buying local is necessarily buying in season. I prefer to buy local not organic than organic imported from far away ...

3) For the prices, as you buy in Amap (we don't have one in our corner) you probably know that it's cheaper than the big box stores right? So the argument: organic is expensive and industrial is cheap is obsolete ...

4) We don't eat organic food except milk and eggs ... a bit of fair trade from time to time ... but we try as much as possible to favor small craftspeople (baker, butcher ...)
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 23/06/08, 06:06

Hi Hélène, well done for your testimony which shows that it is not easy for everyone and especially that making choices between health and financial means do not always go hand in hand.
I am as disgusted as you are to see that EU food security accepts a level of engine oil in the diet when, moreover and for example, they seek to suppress raw milk cheeses.
The first post that talks about it is:
https://www.econologie.com/forums/on-nous-no ... t5399.html

So we must not forget that we are only potential cosumers; apart from that, no salvation! : Evil:
0 x
Pear Belle Helene
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Pear Belle Helene » 23/06/08, 08:13

Sorry for my outburst ..... the sudden heat probably :?

Coming back to consuming locally is good, but I would like to see on the market something other than the majority of traders who sell their product from Rungis.
There are (at least on the market where I go) less and less premises I regret it.

When the price of organic vegetables and fruits yes they are sometimes / often cheaper than in supermarkets and better in taste. But it is only on this type of product because for the rest of the food it is more expensive. Groceries, dairy products (the price of organic cheese : Cry: ) the meat is really bcp more expensive and there if you want to shop there monthly then it is ruin for a large family.

For household products I use very little and I use HE mix with vodka : Cheesy: to disinfect therefore the cost price is mini.

The fact remains that the news goes wrong or arrives late and when you are like me quite busy with your family, well you miss some things in the newspapers. Although there I have read nothing elsewhere than on the net.
Green people still have a lot to learn in terms of communication, I realize this every day.
And do not forget the importance of education, it is our children who will suffer even more than us from the state of the planet.

Have a good day. Helena
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/06/08, 09:26

bham wrote:they seek to eliminate raw milk cheeses.

This is unacceptable and it is directly linked to Europe which wants everything to "industrialize and standardize" ... In some cases it is positive (security for example) in others, as the case you cite, it is bullshit!! Some cheeses have been consumed for hundreds (thousands?) Because the EU says they are not standardized so they become "dangerous" ??? : Evil:

In fact I feel like the EU is a bit, at times, the Americanization of food (standardization of everything and the search for zero "risk") and power lobbies under the guise of safety and industrial performance ...

But that's another debate...

Hélène, there are still a lot of small local markets (certainly not in the Paris region and again, it's not certain) where producers are the ones who sell directly. The best is to ask before you buy, right? In any case, it's better than a large area, isn't it? (when you buy 1 kg of vegetables at the market you support no one else than the same kg of vegetables bought in a supermarket).

Yes for organic meat, personally I simply never ate it ... it seems to me.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 11/01/11, 18:28

Long before, we had used airplane oil as olive oil in Spain with I don't know how many sick and dead in the 80s to 90s !!!
http://daudon.free.fr/page173.html
http://www.panda-france.net/archive_14_10_2008.php
http://www.astrosurf.com/ubb/Forum11/HTML/000126.html
The adulterated oil was in 1981
1200 dead and 25000 people intoxicated
I remember my head of service who returned from vacation in Spain died of lightning liver cancer after 15 days of hospitalization? oil or not ??? http://daudon.free.fr/page173.html

1.200 dead and 25.000 intoxicated

(Temporary blindness; temporary atrophy and / or various transient or permanent paralysis; long-term risk of cancer).

0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 11/01/11, 23:22

There had also been antifreeze in French wines!

The French hit the mouth of the French when it comes to wine; I explain, the wines of California (developed by French immigrants) very famous for their taste we check out the pawn with French wine and France cry aloud that the ricans do not make it according to the old method with oak barrel and all tra la la, personally I much prefer California wine and I would like the French to innovate too and stop having this block of ideas that certainly do not move them forward!

Be fearless I like French but on wine ?????????????

Here in Quebec we reproduce cheeses from all over the world and with disconcerting ease!
But we are prevented from making cheese with raw milk which in my opinion is silly because the difference in taste is striking!

I eat raw ground beef even if we recommend to cook it well before, at worst I have a slight stomach ache that lasts one night and it's quickly forgotten, unfortunately by dint of sanitizing everything we eat, our system does not develop a defense and at the slightest deviation well we get sick!

At school and daycare it is recommended to keep children when they are sick or to avoid catching an illness, what a jerk, my children, I bathed them in viruses and bacteria (not too much anyway) and they are never sick!
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain