Culture, breeding of living beings.

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
lemur
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Culture, breeding of living beings.

by lemur » 29/10/20, 15:41

Ladies and gentlemen,

First of all, a brief presentation.
I am 29 years old, I have lived in the Loire (on the border with the Rhône towards Tarare for those who know) for almost 4 years, at an altitude of around 580m, the highest point of our town is at 630m.
We spent about a year and a half, holiday weekend and company renovating this house (openings, insulation etc, in fact we bought 1 walls and a roof). Being from the building helps.
Since I was bored (ironically) we enlarged. And now there are no big jobs left, let's say some finishing touches.

My history with the vegetable garden goes back 2 years when I came across videos by Damien Dekarz. His approach interested me. The time for confinement came, I spent time on YouTube and of course I came across Didier. Ah Didier ... A real revelation for me, the first video I saw was when he unrolls the hay with his wife. I wondered if we were really talking about a vegetable garden. Then I went through the videos, lectures, buy the books. I was fed up with dying to the task in this house, and with his approach to the vegetable garden, I found this moment of calm, of observation (I have two children of 2 years and 2 months) so as much to say that for me this vegetable garden is a real moment of rest.
I really liked his approach to the living things that make up our soil, and I find myself spending time looking at the soil far more often than at the vegetables.
I'm learning a lot of things, and this whole thing has become a real passion for me.

Regarding the vegetable garden, our soil does not contain a lot of clay, I would do a soil analysis, and obviously a little more silt than sand. The previous owner was doing nothing, so I almost bought a forest. Lots of trees, brambles. I managed it all, removed the dangerous trees. The ground has not been touched for 30 years.
And here I am among you with a vegetable garden of an unknown area, say 200m2 maybe more.
My goal is not very complicated, to try to produce vegetables by raising the living beings that make up my soil.
Teach my two boys later that building by destroying doesn't work. They are lucky, I think, to grow up in the countryside, they have to understand what surrounds them and respect it.

So much for the very long presentation.
4 x
Paul72
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: Culture, breeding of living beings.

by Paul72 » 30/10/20, 14:23

Great!! Welcome among lazy gardeners, who prefer to leave the bulk of the work to the little garden animals! : Mrgreen:

I recently went to see the "badly loved" short films with my children. The last one was an animated earthworm song, a gem !! The children loved it, as incisive as one could wish with the gardeners and farmers who grind the earthworms. Funny and informative at the same time. It could be the lazy gardeners hymn. :)
0 x
I'm allergic to idiots: sometimes I even get a cough.
lemur
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by lemur » 30/10/20, 14:40

Paul72 wrote:Great!! Welcome among lazy gardeners, who prefer to leave the bulk of the work to the little garden animals! : Mrgreen:

I recently went to see the "badly loved" short films with my children. The last one was an animated earthworm song, a gem !! The children loved it, as incisive as one could wish with the gardeners and farmers who grind the earthworms. Funny and informative at the same time. It could be the lazy gardeners hymn. :)

Thanks Paul. I prefer to leave it to those who know. It's better for everyone.
I'll find out about his short films. Mine are much too small, we do everything to limit screens as much as possible. It's a bit old school considering what we're seeing right now, but hey.
Later we will watch his shorts, if I can teach them to have a different look than I did when I was little that would be great.
0 x
Paul72
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Paul72 » 30/10/20, 19:09

Yes indeed they are very young, it will be for later for them (anyway it's very recent, not yet to download or dvd)
In a few years, you will be able to treat them with the little mole, a great classic for children !!
1 x
I'm allergic to idiots: sometimes I even get a cough.
lemur
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by lemur » 30/10/20, 19:47

Yes it will be done.
I would try to take pictures of the pot-aged tomorrow. With its short days, my visits to the vegetable garden are done at night.
Do you have a subject on your Paul vegetable garden?
0 x
alkaline
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by alkaline » 01/11/20, 22:57

Well done what a great energy anyway!
Lemur wrote: I am 29 years old, I live in the Loire (on the border with the Rhône towards Tarare for those who know).
Indeed we are neighbors, my vegetable garden is towards Vaugneray :)
Glad you opened a subject, we will be able to follow the evolution of the breeding : Lol: are you going to cultivate the 200m2 in a vegetable garden?
1 x
lemur
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by lemur » 02/11/20, 07:00

Alkaline wrote:Well done what a great energy anyway!
Lemur wrote: I am 29 years old, I live in the Loire (on the border with the Rhône towards Tarare for those who know).
Indeed we are neighbors, my vegetable garden is towards Vaugneray :)
Glad you opened a subject, we will be able to follow the evolution of the breeding : Lol: are you going to cultivate the 200m2 in a vegetable garden?

Ah yes I work not far from you.
Yes, well, as usual for lack of time I could not take pictures. Hopefully I will do some in the week.
Yes I would cultivate the 200m2, this measurement not being verified, it may be less or more.
I am still making the frames, and looking for a plastic bottle. I wonder on this subject if the milk cartons do not retain heat better since they retain cold well. Anyway, still no frozen in prospect within 15 days.
0 x

Back to "Agriculture: problems and pollution, new techniques and solutions"