The agro-industrial dictatorship in France? Yes, more than ever!

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

The agro-industrial dictatorship in France? Yes, more than ever!

by GuyGadebois » 24/05/20, 18:01

Déméter, the gendarmerie cell which monitors opponents of productivist agriculture

The Ministry of the Interior created Déméter, an intelligence unit dedicated to "attacks on the agricultural world". This police and judicial system risks being used to monitor animal and environmental activists opposed to industrial agriculture.

Target “ideological” and “symbolic” actions

The device contains novelties which give it an unprecedented scope. The clearly stated objective, first, is to gather intelligence. The targets, then, are widened. It is no longer just a matter of worrying the perpetrators of theft and damage: to this is added pell-mell the "illegal occupation of agricultural land" (by Travelers or for "free parties"), animal intrusions into farms (in particular to make videos), anti-fur, anti-hunting actions, or even the perpetrators of degradations affecting butchers and slaughterhouses. The press kit is clear, the targets are therefore also political: Demeter will follow and will try to prevent "actions of an ideological nature, whether they are simple symbolic actions to denigrate the agricultural milieu or actions hard with material or physical repercussions ”. "I asked that antispecism be one of the priority axes of intelligence," declared the Minister of the Interior when the cell was launched. Animalists are therefore on the front line, but filigree, associations and activists critical of the dominant agricultural system (defended by the FNSEA and the JA) are also concerned.

By amalgamating all the misdeeds identified, the Ministry of the Interior seriously concludes that there was a 1,5% increase in damage to the agricultural world in 2019. But of the more than 14.000 incidents recorded, the vast majority are thefts and burglaries. Questioned by Reporterre, the National Gendarmerie informs us that only about twenty cases of trespassing in animal husbandry or release of animals by anti-species activists were counted among the offenses last year. The FNSEA, it does not report much more: 41 intrusions - but probably more we are told - in 2019. Étienne Gangneron sees this as an “exponential” figure, because “there were less than a dozen intrusions in previous years ”.

Taking the figures from the gendarmerie and the FNSEA, the animal protection association L214 calculated a percentage of “0,28% [of acts of animalist associations], pinned down and associated with acts of vandalism unrelated to “justify” an excessive repressive arsenal ”. "The FNSEA very clearly seeks to ensure that no image comes out of the farms," ​​says Brigitte Gothière, spokesperson for L214.

https://reporterre.net/Demeter-la-cellu ... griculture
ALL FLICATED
Basically it's: "let us pollute in peace, eat our shit, shut your mouths otherwise it's jail".
Better and better!
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The agro-industrial dictatorship in France? Yes, more than ever!

by Moindreffor » 24/05/20, 18:23

no, basically it's if you have nothing to blame you you risk nothing

why always see the bad side of things, the French refuse authority but demand justice when it is concerned

I watched yesterday a report on the wolf, the wolf odyssey I believe, there was a Swiss, excellent, who spoke of the trauma experienced by breeders during a wolf attack, I compare this trauma to that experienced by butchers who only do their job when they end up with a shop sprinkled with blood

no one deserves to be traumatized for whatever reason, no cause deserves to attack, we do not fight barbarism by being barbaric or even

to say that the agricultural world pollutes and produces only shit, it is aggressive and exaggerated with regard to a very large number of people who do their job with love, respect for animals and nature, so let's stop there this misplaced hate spill
1 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 24/05/20, 18:29

Moindreffor wrote:no, basically it's if you have nothing to blame you you risk nothing

Protesters who are against pesticides, GMOs, factory farming and shout it now risk big, thanks to Demeter. Always on the "right side of the handle", Moindreffor ... : roll:
https://www.lemonde.fr/planete/article/ ... _3244.html
https://blogs.mediapart.fr/yves-guiller ... n-de-lobby
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 24/05/20, 18:38

Moindreffor wrote:no, basically it's if you have nothing to blame you you risk nothing

A direct neighbor did not find one morning, 3 or 4 years ago, the three oxen (calves when they arrive) who are breeding at his place (he does not own them, they graze in his 3 ha of meadow and it takes care of it for water, supplements in winter, a small haymaking ....
He's not a polluter who says eat my shit and leave me alone, he's a good guy who just does his job as best he can.

Fooling people who do that, it suits me perfectly.
1 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 24/05/20, 18:45

sicetaitsimple wrote:Fooling people who do that, it suits me perfectly.

Except that coping these people is a pretext to shoot down any opposition, any desire for a "paradigm shift". It's good guys, you are ripe for dictatorship, because if it passes, they won't stop at agro.
Ps: I too vomit the action of certain extremist activists, but the problem goes beyond a few stupid vegans.
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 25/05/20, 10:10

GuyGadebois wrote:

Except that coping these people is a pretext to shoot down any opposition, any desire for a "paradigm shift". It's good guys, you are ripe for dictatorship, because if it passes, they won't stop at agro.
Ps: I too vomit the action of certain extremist activists, but the problem goes beyond a few stupid vegans.

always cry wolf before you see it, as soon as you want to put in place a stricter legislation to protect honest people, against activists who have good press because acting supposedly for our good, and that we are not against we pass for fachos, collaborators, or quite simply candid
more moderation and we would avoid this kind of necessity, a more civic activism would not generate a harsher legislative response

the majority often suffer from the wrongdoings of a minority
2 x
(of me)
Rajqawee
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rajqawee » 25/05/20, 10:22

GuyGadebois wrote:

This reflection seems to me the right one, in fine: was hate anti-agricultural activism really so important that it required the creation of a legal framework allowing wide surveillance? I do not think so. In my opinion, the damage caused by these activists is negligible nationwide, right?

It makes more excuse than anything else ... or lobbying ... or even electoral politics;)
1 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 25/05/20, 10:32

Rajqawee wrote:This reflection seems to me the right one, in fine: was hate anti-agricultural activism really so important that it required the creation of a legal framework allowing wide surveillance? I do not think so. In my opinion, the damage caused by these activists is negligible nationwide, right?

It makes more excuse than anything else ... or lobbying ... or even electoral politics;)

unimportant at the level of a country, traumatic for those who suffer, what number of attacks should not be exceeded so that this does not require the creation of a legal framework?

because otherwise, the number of women killed by their husbands compared to the population is very little so we can let it happen too, the number of road deaths compared to the population is very little too, so let's also stop road checks, why have the containment because ultimately the number of deaths compared to the population is very little ...

as said above, easy to say that hate activism is so commonplace that you can let it go, the day a moron burns your car for no reason will you go to complain? or not bad? ask yourself this question and answer it sincerely ...
2 x
(of me)
Rajqawee
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rajqawee » 25/05/20, 10:55

Moindreffor wrote:
Rajqawee wrote:This reflection seems to me the right one, in fine: was hate anti-agricultural activism really so important that it required the creation of a legal framework allowing wide surveillance? I do not think so. In my opinion, the damage caused by these activists is negligible nationwide, right?

unimportant at the level of a country, traumatic for those who suffer, what number of attacks should not be exceeded so that this does not require the creation of a legal framework?

because otherwise, the number of women killed by their husbands compared to the population is very little so we can let it happen too, the number of road deaths compared to the population is very little too, so let's also stop road checks, why have the containment because ultimately the number of deaths compared to the population is very little ...

as said above, easy to say that hate activism is so commonplace that you can let it go, the day a moron burns your car for no reason will you go to complain? or not bad? ask yourself this question and answer it sincerely ...

Of course I would go to file a complaint. But that will not change the legal framework. Your examples are relevant, but is there an intelligence unit that monitors possible domestic violence? We are talking about intelligence, that is to say anticipating possible crimes, not punishing those who arrive.
And then, in spite of everything, we are talking about thousands of deaths, in all your examples. No 40 offenses.

At this time, if we consider that the traumas (real. Not questioned in this conversation, nor their impact on people) all deserve, whatever their scale, an INTELLIGENCE cell, then, that's it, c is total surveillance. Including for car fires by cons.

Same goes for road accidents: you've been drunk for years wearing a seatbelt, because it actually saves a lot of lives, without much constraint. These measures were created because the device which makes it possible to save lives is ultimately not very restrictive, therefore, interesting.
Now, create an entire intelligence unit to possibly prevent what, 40 thefts / damage (supposedly linked to activism!) Per year, doesn't that seem disproportionate to you?
Having said that, I think it could be the same reasoning that applies when dealing with terrorist attacks.
2 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 25/05/20, 13:49

Rajqawee wrote:
Moindreffor wrote:

Of course I would go to file a complaint. But that will not change the legal framework. Your examples are relevant, but is there an intelligence unit that monitors possible domestic violence? We are talking about intelligence, that is to say anticipating possible crimes, not punishing those who arrive.
And then, in spite of everything, we are talking about thousands of deaths, in all your examples. No 40 offenses.

At this time, if we consider that the traumas (real. Not questioned in this conversation, nor their impact on people) all deserve, whatever their scale, an INTELLIGENCE cell, then, that's it, c is total surveillance. Including for car fires by cons.

Same goes for road accidents: you've been drunk for years wearing a seatbelt, because it actually saves a lot of lives, without much constraint. These measures were created because the device which makes it possible to save lives is ultimately not very restrictive, therefore, interesting.
Now, create an entire intelligence unit to possibly prevent what, 40 thefts / damage (supposedly linked to activism!) Per year, doesn't that seem disproportionate to you?
Having said that, I think it could be the same reasoning that applies when dealing with terrorist attacks.

I think a cell will be set up because of an increase in hateful acts, surely not for pleasure, we always meet a need

France is not a police state as some would have us believe, 30 years of license, less than 5 road checks and yet I do my 20 km per year like everyone else

25% of French people would refuse a vaccine against the corona virus, France is one of the countries most resistant to vaccines, thanks to or because of anti-vaccine activists, and yet for 2 months renowned epidemiologists from all over France follow each other on TV to praise the success of vaccination campaigns

We are there in Franco-French, anti-police ready to denounce the police brutality and at the same time complain about the inaction of the police

our friend is ready to file a complaint for the degradation of his car but does not find it useful to create an intelligence unit to track down activists who traumatize honest people, all because they are only 40, in short with such reasoning, it is important not to be part of a minority of victims, because it is the double punishment, the trauma of aggression, and the abandonment of society to its sad fate ...

who said that the next world should be more united ...
2 x
(of me)

Back to "Agriculture: problems and pollution, new techniques and solutions"