Biological control of nematodes

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
annie foglio
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Biological control of nematodes

by annie foglio » 03/05/20, 12:17

Hello
I wanted to congratulate you on your videos. I do not understand these people who look at you and criticize you. They just have to look elsewhere. I wanted to tell you about associations in the garden. I am only a small gardener and I am interested in flower associations, and in particular carnations which apparently have properties to scare away nematodes and downy mildew. This year in addition to the carnations of India I will also put onions or garlic finally a family of alliacées.
I hope that one day I can come and attend your conferences. You made me want to change the way I garden.
Don't change. I love you as you are.
Thank you with all my heart
annie
0 x
Uncle Buzz
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: Biological control against nematodes

by Uncle Buzz » 05/05/20, 15:31

Hello,

I imagine that the message is intended for Didier, even if he is not the only one here to make videos ...

foglio annie wrote:(...) with carnations which apparently have the properties to scare away nematodes and mildew.

Mildew being a fungus, it cannot escape ... I do not see what chemical phenomenon specific to marigolds could have a fungicidal effect, targeted on mildew ... I imagine that if fungal effect there was , it would be harmful to a whole set of mushrooms which would make the carnation an enemy of the vegetable garden ...
Didier could be more affirmative, but I think that the supposed anti-mildew effect of carnations on neighboring plants are stories that are told without real basis. For my part what I heard (and without having checked is not more reliable although more credible) is that the carnations are more sensitive to downy mildew, and that an attack is visible in 1st on the carnations of so it may still be possible to treat neighboring plants (such as tomatoes) to limit the damage.
Using marigolds would help in the fight against downy mildew, which would have turned into "marigolds scare away downy mildew"
Anyway, since mushrooms are generally our allies in the garden, the only action that Didier recommends is to limit the germination conditions of downy mildew whose germs are everywhere ... Without fungicide treatment carnations no longer have for them that their beautiful colors and enough to shelter biodiversity (which is not nothing).
0 x
annie foglio
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Biological control against nematodes

by annie foglio » 05/05/20, 21:39

Good evening
thank you for the info
cordially
0 x