Mole rats - buried iron rod method with bottle / wind turbine

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Max57
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Mole rats - buried iron rod method with bottle / wind turbine

by Max57 » 24/12/19, 12:51

Hello,

As a preventive fight against the arrival of terrestrial voles in my vegetable garden (setting up hay this fall), I wanted to have an opinion from you on these questions:

1) Do you think the "buried iron rod method with a plastic bottle at the end" effective? (vibrations / sounds emitted in the ground with the mechanical action caused by the wind between the bottle and the iron rod)
A person published on his site a similar use, but with a bottle of water transformed into a "wind turbine" (accentuation of vibrations / sounds?). Although this achievement was designed to combat moles, I imagine that we can have a similar result with mole rats ... Here is the link of this blog:

http://le-blog-de-pierre-fassbind.over- ... 71693.html

The few comments seem positive ... I think I opt for this method, take the test and make a return if necessary

2) Do you think there is a risk of significant "collateral" damage using this system? (i.e. harming earthworms)

Goods.
Happy New Year.
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Rats-maupiers - buried iron rod method with bottle / wind turbine

by Moindreffor » 24/12/19, 13:41

who will be the most annoyed by the noise, you or the voles? : Mrgreen:
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Max57
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Max57 » 24/12/19, 13:57

Moindreffor wrote:who will be the most annoyed by the noise, you or the voles? : Mrgreen:

As soon as the noise and vibration disturbances are acceptable to all (except for voles, even birds turning the hay in search of worms), I am ready to try the experience! :)

My father applied this method in his "traditional" vegetable garden (containing carrots and parsley, among others ...) not very far from mine, but I do not think that we can draw any significant conclusion despite the fact that his vegetable garden has never been "visited" by voles for decades ... And this although a vole found a roost not far away in early fall, but many factors may / or may not explain the fact that he didn't tackle it .. (he was "neutralized" last week)
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 24/12/19, 14:05

A free party every month on the vegetable patch with a 10 W sound wall and we talk more about your mole rats.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Max57
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Max57 » 24/12/19, 14:09

GuyGadebois wrote:A free party every month on the vegetable patch with a 10 W sound wall and we talk more about your mole rats.

Thank you for your advice, I will think about it! ;)
0 x
Gardenerof54
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Gardenerof54 » 16/01/22, 12:16

Max57 wrote:Hello,

As a preventive fight against the arrival of terrestrial voles in my vegetable garden (setting up hay this fall), I wanted to have an opinion from you on these questions:

1) Do you think the "buried iron rod method with a plastic bottle at the end" effective? (vibrations / sounds emitted in the ground with the mechanical action caused by the wind between the bottle and the iron rod)
A person published on his site a similar use, but with a bottle of water transformed into a "wind turbine" (accentuation of vibrations / sounds?). Although this achievement was designed to combat moles, I imagine that we can have a similar result with mole rats ... Here is the link of this blog:

http://le-blog-de-pierre-fassbind.over- ... 71693.html

The few comments seem positive ... I think I opt for this method, take the test and make a return if necessary

2) Do you think there is a risk of significant "collateral" damage using this system? (i.e. harming earthworms)

Goods.
Happy New Year.

Hello,
So a little feedback?
0 x

Back to "Agriculture: problems and pollution, new techniques and solutions"