Are Bt GMOs ecological?

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
realistic ecology
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Are Bt GMOs ecological?

by realistic ecology » 23/11/19, 16:29

Are Bt GMOs ecological?

Researchers are finding that Bt GMOs make it possible to use fewer insecticides. It's ecological.
Paradoxically, fierce opponents of pesticides, perhaps uninformed ... still reject GMO Bt.

Researchers find that Bt GMOs have better yields than non-BT equivalent crops.
Bt GMOs therefore save land, an increasingly scarce resource, eaten by the concreting that results from a growing population with more and more purchasing power.
For now, the easiest way to find new land is to prune in primary forests, Amazonia and others. It's already started.
The Bt GMOs, of better yield, make it possible to limit this deforestation. It's ecological.
Paradoxically, fervent defenders of the Amazon rainforest, perhaps uninformed ... reject anyway GMO Bt.
1 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Are Bt GMOs ecological?

by GuyGadebois » 23/11/19, 16:41

Another vile provocation of our unrealistic non-ecologist.
Last edited by GuyGadebois the 23 / 11 / 19, 16: 55, 1 edited once.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
realistic ecology
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by realistic ecology » 23/11/19, 16:54

GuyGadebois wrote:Another vile provocation of our delirious non-ecologist.

It would be more interesting if you had arguments.
1 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 23/11/19, 17:00

realistic ecology wrote:

You are going to explain to me how, while GM crops are more and more widespread, we find ourselves with an increasingly important consumption of "phyto" products whereas they are supposed to minimize it. Good luck.
For France:
https://www.notre-planete.info/actualit ... des-France

Ps: I've flagged this topic for moderation so that it's integrated with another existing *, because your interventions are like spam or even disguised advertising for the agrochemical industry.

* agriculture / GMO-vouchers-for-health-t15989.html
Last edited by GuyGadebois the 23 / 11 / 19, 17: 06, 3 edited once.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 23/11/19, 17:02

the argument is this: who and why to prune in primary forests because even if this GMO reduced anything, it would only reduce deforestation, not remove it. So I repeat myself: who and why is deforesting ... in others!
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 23/11/19, 17:12

And coincidentally, it is the countries that have the most GMO crops that consume the most chemical crap. It does not have to say, it works!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/11/19, 17:14

realistic ecology wrote:

This subject and especially its title feel controversial and oriented pro GMO full nose, so I put your 1er warning (after 3 is banishment..if you came to fuck the brothel here for a reason X or Y is most welcome).

Moreover this subject has been mentioned here: agriculture / GMO-vouchers-for-health-t15989.html
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/11/19, 17:16

GuyGadebois wrote:You are going to explain to me how, while GM crops are more and more widespread, we find ourselves with an increasingly important consumption of "phyto" products whereas they are supposed to minimize it. Good luck.

Uh, can I answer? Make money? : Cheesy:

The union GMO / Phyto (merger Bayer Monsanto which is quite real and can not be put on the account of the green paranoid) is the door open to all abuses! It's like the gun salesman, anti-personnel mines, who also sold prosthetics in one of his subsidiaries!

There are days this system makes me really throw up: it allows the mediocre and down the front, who do not see their profits and personal interests, ignoring the harm they do, to grease like pigs! Gentlemen, I give you a shower!
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 23/11/19, 17:29

It is also the most polluting industries that have developed and sold pollution control systems (in the 70 / 2.000 years, without any precision on the dates, it is only the principle itself) thus making a double profit and it was school ... not eco-friendly obviously! : Shock:
Gentlemen, I give you a shower!
but not a sheaf of GMOs! :D
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
realistic ecology
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by realistic ecology » 23/11/19, 17:39

GuyGadebois wrote:
realistic ecology wrote:

You are going to explain to me how, while GM crops are more and more widespread, we find ourselves with an increasingly important consumption of "phyto" products whereas they are supposed to minimize it. Good luck.
For France:
https://www.notre-planete.info/actualit ... des-France

GMO crops are more and more extensive in the world, you're right (by the way, note I ask the question not GMOs in general, but GMO Bt)
But France has banned GMOs ... and you draw an article which shows that the consumption of "phyto products" is increasing in France! Ben obviously! Indeed, GMOs do not reduce the use of insecticides in France ... where they are prohibited!
Please, try to have a little more rigor in your interventions.
On the other hand, by only looking at militant sites, too close, you will end up squinting. Also be interested in the results of researchers, meta studies, independent institutions of ideology, in short to the best of what we can know, not polluted by dogmas and ideology - if you are interested.
Some references and extracts here: Bt GMOs reduce the use of insecticides
1 x