Beekeeping alerts (not "with picole")

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Beekeeping alerts (not "with picole")

by GuyGadebois » 27/08/19, 15:46

Since May, I have been receiving "beekeeping alerts" in my mailbox as a registered amateur beekeeper. Here is the content:

Following the diagnosis of a case of arboviroses (chikungunya, dengue, zika ...), we inform you that a localized mosquito control operation will be conducted on the commune of XXXX, the XX / xx / 2019 at XXh, within the framework of vector control operations to avoid the development of a local cycle of human transmission of the disease by infected mosquitoes. We invite beekeepers holding apiaries on the town or near the area treated, to consult "the protocol to prevent bee risks in case of localized mosquito control", attached to this letter, and to report any abnormal event occurred in the apiaries after this treatment at the DDPP of Bouches-du-Rhône or at your GDS Apicole.

Bormes-les-Mimosas (83) -Demousication-28 / 08 / 2019
Nice (06) -Demousication-21 / 08 / 2019
Allauch (13) -Demousication-21 / 08 / 2019
Nice (06) -Demousication-14 / 08 / 2019
The Glue on Wolf (06) -Demousication-09 / 08 / 2019
Istres (13) -Demousication-06 / 08 / 2019
Arles (13) -Demousication-02 / 08 / 2019
Cabris (06) -Demousication-26 / 07 / 2019
Mougins (06) -Demousication-24 / 07 / 2019
Marseille (13) -Demousication-24 / 07 / 2019
Eguilles (13) -Demousication-24 / 07 / 2019
Bel Air Goat (13) -Demousication-19 / 07 / 2019
Marseille (13) -Demousication-27 / 06 / 2019
Aix en Pv (13) -Demousication-25 / 06 / 2019
Villeneuve Loubet-Tiger Mosquito-17 / 10 / 18
St Laurent of the Var-b-Mosquito tiger-17 / 10 / 18
St Laurent of the Var-Mosquito tiger-17 / 10 / 18
Gattières-06-Tiger Mosquito-10 / 10 / 18
St Laurent of the Var-06-Mosquito tiger-10 / 10 / 18
Marseille-13-Tiger Mosquito-05 / 10 / 18

However, given the increasing presence of mosquito vectors, it is easy to realize the inefficiency * of the process. Of course, our bees will make and pay for it!

* https://solidarites-sante.gouv.fr/sante ... opolitaine

https://solidarites-sante.gouv.fr/IMG/p ... a_2018.pdf
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Beekeeping alerts (not "with picole")

by Janic » 28/08/19, 08:11

However, given the increasing presence of mosquito vectors, it is easy to realize the inefficiency * of the process. Of course, our bees will make and pay for it!
it does not matter, honey consumers love DDPP on their toast and in their bowl !, with a glyphosate chouia to pass on.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Did67

by Did67 » 28/08/19, 09:20

The DDPP is the service to be addressed: Departmental Directorate for the Protection of Populations. Not a molecule.
1 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 28/08/19, 09:47

The DDPP is the service to be addressed: Departmental Directorate for the Protection of Populations. Not a molecule.
very just! I used a shortcut incorrectly, since it is clearly indicated in this article, the product that proposes to spread the DDPP. which does not change the substance of the subject elsewhere!
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Did67

by Did67 » 28/08/19, 10:30

GuyGadebois wrote:
However, given the increasing presence of mosquito vectors, it is easy to realize the inefficiency * of the process.

I think the reality is more complicated:

a) The mosquito is a vector - it can transmit a virus, provided it is contaminated itself; he does not create illness ...

And indeed, the tiger mosquito keeps on progressing, but not the virus because mosquitoes have no "reservoir" to contaminate themselves ... They are "healthy mosquitoes".

b) On the other hand, the diseases which it "carries" and which are listed are not increasing in metropolitan France; for the moment !

We must stop being afraid of the tiger mosquito in the general case: with us, it is not a vector (because it has not succeeded in contaminating itself) and is not "dangerous", contrary to what could suggest the hysteria that sometimes takes hold of the media ...

c) The cases of dengue or chikungunya are "imported": these are people who have been infected in country x and who are diagnosed in France. There was such a case in the suburbs of Strasbourg last year.

d) When a case exists in a given geographical area, there is a risk that mosquitoes have become infected by having bitten this diagnosed person, that they therefore serve as a reservoir and vector likely to transmit this disease to other people. And the cycle can start, with more and more people infected who contaminate more and more mosquitoes that contaminate more and more people ...

This "chain reaction" situation has not yet occurred in mainland France.

It is these possible outbreaks, these "pockets of possibly contaminated mosquitoes" that we are trying to eradicate to stop the process ... We are helped by the fact that the mosquito, as an individual, does not "move much" and remains in the vicinity of its water point. The fairly rapid geographical progression of the mosquito is very much linked to the fact that we transport it, through our own movements.

In short, a distinction should be made between "proliferation of the mosquito-tiger species" and "extension of the diseases that it can carry". The first is not a sign of the ineffectiveness of the measures.

NB: Formerly, malaria existed in Italy and in the south of France. It was eradicated, bluntly, via mosquito control, with "heavy" (DDT)! Mosquitoes remain today. But they are healthy. It just annoys tourists ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 28/08/19, 10:36

Janic wrote:.. since this is clearly indicated in this article, the product ...

No. I already noticed that you had trouble admitting your mistakes, but there is no point in twisting ... You misunderstood, that's all.

French is a complex language, reading "... to report any abnormal event occurring in the apiaries after this treatment to the DDPP of Bouches-du-Rhône or to your GDS Apicole.", it must be understood that this is to report to the DDPP Bouches-du-Rhone or a GDS Bee, the troubles occurred following treatment (with a product that is not specified here).

I admit that the syntax is not the clearest.
1 x
Did67

by Did67 » 28/08/19, 10:42

In my opinion, much more disturbing, because on a very different scale: https://www.lemonde.fr/sciences/article ... 50684.html

[Alas, full article for subscribers - what I am not!]
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 28/08/19, 10:46

GuyGadebois wrote:

Bormes-les-Mimosas (83) -Demousication-28 / 08 / 2019
Nice (06) -Demousication-21 / 08 / 2019
Allauch (13) -Demousication-21 / 08 / 2019
Nice (06) -Demousication-14 / 08 / 2019
The Glue on Wolf (06) -Demousication-09 / 08 / 2019
Istres (13) -Demousication-06 / 08 / 2019
Arles (13) -Demousication-02 / 08 / 2019
Cabris (06) -Demousication-26 / 07 / 2019
Mougins (06) -Demousication-24 / 07 / 2019
Marseille (13) -Demousication-24 / 07 / 2019
Eguilles (13) -Demousication-24 / 07 / 2019
Bel Air Goat (13) -Demousication-19 / 07 / 2019
Marseille (13) -Demousication-27 / 06 / 2019
Aix en Pv (13) -Demousication-25 / 06 / 2019
Villeneuve Loubet-Tiger Mosquito-17 / 10 / 18
St Laurent of the Var-b-Mosquito tiger-17 / 10 / 18
St Laurent of the Var-Mosquito tiger-17 / 10 / 18
Gattières-06-Tiger Mosquito-10 / 10 / 18
St Laurent of the Var-06-Mosquito tiger-10 / 10 / 18
Marseille-13-Tiger Mosquito-05 / 10 / 18

Are not there two things there? Mosquito control and operations against the tiger mosquito?

A priori, only the seconds fall within the scope of what I described above as "eradication of possible pockets of contaminated tiger mosquitoes", following one (or more) "imported" cases. And are actually located around St-Laurent du Var and Marseille.

Another thing is probably the "mosquito repellents", implied "ordinary", that I place within the framework of the operations for the "comfort of the tourists".
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 28/08/19, 11:14

No. I already noticed that you had trouble admitting your mistakes, but there is no point in twisting ... You misunderstood, that's all.
Not only did I admit that it was a mistake, but I reiterate

very just! I used a shortcut badly about, since it is clearly indicated in this article, the product that proposes to spread the DDPP. which does not change the substance of the subject elsewhere!

French being a complex language, reading "... to report any abnormal event occurring in the apiaries after this treatment to the DDPP of Bouches-du-Rhône or to your GDS Apicole.", You must understand that it is acts to report to the DDPP of Bouches-du-Rhône or to a GDS Apicole, the problems which arose following the treatment (with a product which is not specified here).

I admit that the syntax is not the clearest.
Not only not crystal clear, but possibly confusing with all those acronyms used (which I haven't checked, I grant!) "report any abnormal events in apiaries after this treatment at the DDPP.... "as for DDT, formerly, which could mean as much dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane, a colorless crystalline substance of the organochlorine family, a powerful insecticide; as the Departmental Directorate of Territories, a decentralized service of the French State; for example. against the end of the sentence should have avoided this confusion, so hit, sink! : Cheesy:
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 28/08/19, 13:46

Did67 wrote:
GuyGadebois wrote:
However, given the increasing presence of mosquito vectors, it is easy to realize the inefficiency * of the process.

NB: Formerly, malaria existed in Italy and in the south of France. It was eradicated, bluntly, via mosquito control, with "heavy" (DDT)! Mosquitoes remain today. But they are healthy. It just annoys tourists ...

So go spray "heavy" on towns, villages and other homes, it would be difficult to pass. In the past, there were many more wetlands than today and indeed, malaria was a recurring problem in some places and the drying up of these was one of the determining factors in the eradication of this disease. -be more than the (late) use of DDT.
Ps: I know that exotic diseases are not progressing in France, I was talking about the extension of the territory of vector mosquitoes. I mainly doubt the effectiveness of mosquito repellents "au p'tit bonheur la chance", which seem to me to exist only to reassure a population prone to panic.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)

Back to "Agriculture: problems and pollution, new techniques and solutions"