Contamination of the soil by a dead cat?

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Marcel_EJ
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Contamination of the soil by a dead cat?

by Marcel_EJ » 05/03/19, 19:29

Hello Didier
Thank you for your videos and for your book, it's a pleasure to put your concepts into practice!
I have a small, somewhat macabre question ... This winter, my cat died of an unknown disease, and I buried it in my garden.
It is about 5 m from my closest crops (garlic and shallots planted in the fall) and I was wondering if there was a problem. I hope you can reassure me. Thank you in advance for your answer
Regards
Etienne
1 x
Did67

Re: Contamination of the soil by a dead cat?

by Did67 » 05/03/19, 22:25

Indeed, I do not think there can be a possibility of risk:

a) the "disease" would have to be transmitted to humans - which was possibly a risk during cohabitation during his lifetime

b) that the cause of this "disease" (bacteria, virus, rickettsia ...) can survive in the soil - unlikely; it is undoubtedly a strict parasite, specialized in the fact of squatting living animal cells, more precisely mammalian cells and in this case feline (although the bacteria causing tetanus survives in the soil and can contaminate the man in case of injury - every gardener should be vaccinated, although I know in our comfortable society we tend to be against vaccines - a luxury of rich and healthy people) ...

c) that it travels underground the distance in question

d) that it passes through the "filter" of the plant, which does not absorb microorganisms ...

So I wouldn't worry. BUT I am not a vet!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/03/19, 22:40

I think the same ... the risk is extremely low ... unless your cat is dead irradiated because there it goes everywhere! But the risk that he was irradiated to death is extremely low too! : Cheesy:

Otherwise, if I remember correctly a few years ago an English start-up offered "green" burials in a shroud under a tree, I believe that we could choose fruit trees (hence the name of Granny Smith apples * : Cheesy: ) ... So when we know what the "dying" take as a medoc ... there was something to worry about (a little) ...

Besides, human corpses have even struggled to decompose for years ...

* Granny can be used to say grandmother in colloquial English ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/03/19, 23:00

ps: generally unknown diseases of cats that die is rat death taken directly by an unfriendly neighbor ... or indirectly via a rodent contaminated in high doses ...
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 05/03/19, 23:37

Christophe wrote:.except if your cat died irradiated because there it goes everywhere!
Irradiated is not radioactive
Irradiation is the direct consequence of the external exposure of a body (inert or living) to ionizing radiation (IR).

Carried out in a controlled manner, irradiation finds applications in different sectors such as the food industry (sanitation and food preservation) or the medical environment (external radiation exposures during x-rays).
https://www.futura-sciences.com/science ... tion-2461/
Christophe wrote: ... So when we know what the "dying" take like Médoc ... there was something to worry about (a little) ... human corpses have even struggled to decompose for years .. .
It is rather the too dry environment of the coffins which tends to mummify the bodies and also the thanatopraxia https://www.consoglobe.com/corps-ne-se- ... ieres-cg/3
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 06/03/19, 07:51

(even if the bacteria causing tetanus survives in the soil and can contaminate humans if injured - any gardener should be vaccinated, although I know that in our comfortable society, we tend to be against vaccines - a luxury of wealthy and healthy people) ...
still a common place coming from an intensive crane jam of BP. I move and answer in the subject vaccination
The health services, for decades have recorded cases of mortality from all diseases, through pharmaco-vigilance. The minimum is therefore to consult these reports and the statistics which accompany them before leaving this type of commonplace, this brainwashing for two cents.
http://s175833897.onlinehome.fr/wp-cont ... tanos-.pdf
Last edited by Janic the 06 / 03 / 19, 08: 20, 1 edited once.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 06/03/19, 08:17

Did67 wrote:Indeed, I do not think there can be a possibility of risk:

a) the "disease" would have to be transmitted to humans - which was possibly a risk during cohabitation during his lifetime

b) that the cause of this "disease" (bacteria, virus, rickettsia ...) can survive in the soil - unlikely; it is undoubtedly a strict parasite, specialized in the fact of squatting living animal cells, more precisely mammalian cells and in this case feline (although the bacteria causing tetanus survives in the soil and can contaminate the man in case of injury - every gardener should be vaccinated, although I know in our comfortable society we tend to be against vaccines - a luxury of rich and healthy people) ...

c) that it travels underground the distance in question

d) that it passes through the "filter" of the plant, which does not absorb microorganisms ...

So I wouldn't worry. BUT I am not a vet!

see Bigard's skit on the bat again and you might change your mind : Mrgreen:
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 06/03/19, 08:24

Janic wrote:
(even if the bacteria causing tetanus survives in the soil and can contaminate humans if injured - any gardener should be vaccinated, although I know that in our comfortable society, we tend to be against vaccines - a luxury of wealthy and healthy people) ...
still a common place coming from an intensive crane jam of BP. I move and answer in the subject vaccination
The health services, for decades have recorded cases of mortality from all diseases, through pharmaco-vigilance. The minimum is therefore to consult these reports and the statistics which accompany them before leaving this type of commonplace, this brainwashing for two cents.
http://s175833897.onlinehome.fr/wp-cont ... tanos-.pdf

the document to which your link refers is absolutely not objective and gives no statistics, it is just an extract from a book, which publishes charges against vaccines, so presents the link as such and not as you do , we could believe to read to you that behind there are relentless statistics
1 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 06/03/19, 10:12

the document to which your link refers is absolutely not objective and gives no statistics, it is just an extract from a book, which publishes charges against vaccines, so presents the link as such and not as you do , we could believe to read to you that behind there are relentless statistics
no point of view is objective! This is only the other side of the coin, a response from the shepherd to the shepherdess (BP) so he is dependent like the others are on discharge, without evidence.
For statistics it is necessary to consult the official ones, only "valid" in terms of comparison between for and against.
However if these statistics are correct, the extracts used by the provaxx are cheating because it is not a question of relying on extracts but on all of these statistics worldwide.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
perseus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by perseus » 06/03/19, 16:51

Hello,

I doubt that this is a real concern.
However, the Law (Rural Code) as well as the departmental hygiene regulations regulate the fate of dead animals. In the case of a cat, which must have weighed less than 40Kg (except in unlikely cases : Wink: ), you can bury it but I understand that there are rules of distances with respect to dwellings and water points as well as concerning the depth of burial and the recovery by lime.

Did67 wrote:

I more.

Janic wrote:it is not a question of relying on extracts but on all of these statistics worldwide.

http://www.who.int/immunization/monitoring_surveillance/data/gs_gloprofile.pdf?ua=1
http://www.who.int/immunization/diseases/UNICEF_MNT_Advocacy_June04.pdf
http://ghdx.healthdata.org/gbd-results-tool
0 x

Back to "Agriculture: problems and pollution, new techniques and solutions"