DIY test of a FAQ on phenoculture

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Carl
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

DIY test of a FAQ on phenoculture

by Carl » 21/09/17, 19:51

I think it's high time to do a FAQ and I feel that a lot of people agree with that ...

I imagine that over time it is annoying, tiring, exhausting to repeat oneself endlessly and on the side of the new arrivals, it is not conceivable to go through all the posts of the main subject "Le Potager du Laesseux: Gardening more that Bio without fatigue "and these modest 7100 posts : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:

Not to mention all the other topics containing interesting information.

I found some forums with "real" FAQs, like: http://forums.madmoizelle.com/sujets/le ... faq.72043/
But I have the impression that it is not the same software allowing to build a forum which has been used, or the same theme (if it is the theme that differs, the super administrator of econology must be able to change), even if the code used behind is certainly the same (phpBB).

In short, by summarizing the principle of an FAQ in a minimalist way, it may be possible to "simulate" a real FAQ.

I will use this topic to test, and see if what I have in mind is exploitable .... drum roll : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:
0 x
Adept of laziness and sensitive to the quality of what my family consumes, I wish to make a vegetable garden of the lazy!
Carl
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: DIY test of a FAQ on phenoculture

by Carl » 21/09/17, 20:02

Before starting the test, I want to remind one point that seems important to me: we must seek to find a consensus for each answer, before adding them to the FAQ.
I imagine there are already a lot of them, but for those who would stay in discussion, it's important.
Therefore, this topic should only be editable by moderators or advanced users of forum.

Afterwards, when she grows up, it will also be important to "classify" the questions by topic, to facilitate the assimilation, appropriation and research of each person ....
0 x
Adept of laziness and sensitive to the quality of what my family consumes, I wish to make a vegetable garden of the lazy!
Carl
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Carl » 21/09/17, 20:22

In short, here is the principle:

A FAQ is a list of questions before anything else.
So you have to design a new topic, put in announcement, locked in edit (only moderators can edit) whose first post contains all the questions.
Each question must be clickable, like a simple internet link and automatically returned to the post of its answer.

Then we can plan a subject "FAQ Work" where everyone can propose a new question and the answers can be debated in order to find a consensus, before being summarized / synthesized in the said FAQ.

But how do we do that? : Lol:

Ben actually, we do what's more con : Lol:
Why look complicated when we can do simple ???
Why work when we can be lazy ???

Woawww I have the impression that a certain current of modern philosophy invades my thoughts : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:

So here is the principle:

You type the question by editing the first topic (creating at the beginning).

Then we make a new answer to the discussion thread of the subject of the FAQ, containing the answer to this new question, then we click on "Send".

Then we visualize, this new post, in the thread of the subject of the FAQ, on the right page ...

One click should on the subject title which will look like this: "Re: The Phenoculture FAQ" and which contains the new answer to the new question.
Then we left click on "Copy link address" (the wording little may change slightly depending on the browser used).

Then we go back to the very first post of the thread and we edit it (we modify it).

We select the text of the new question ..... by pressing the left mouse button, then we click in the menu at the top of the post, the button that looks like the earth in miniature with a string in below (which allows to make an internet link). Positioned between the image button, to insert an image and the button A, to color its text.

See the SECOND REPLY of the topic here: http://www.commentcamarche.net/forum/af ... -sur-forum
0 x
Carl
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Carl » 21/09/17, 20:27

REAL TEST (for moderators, you can edit this post, to see its content "not interpreted by the forum"

QUESTION 1

QUESTION 2

QUESTION 3

I have taken some examples of answers in various subjects of the forum, at random, but in principle, all the answers should be about the discussion topic of the FAQ itself
0 x
Carl
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Carl » 21/09/17, 20:35

Well after there are two limitations that I see:

1. A real FAQ, always leaves its "questions" part visible. But you can easily find them by clicking on the "previous" button in your browser.

2. I don't know why yet, but I couldn't find this "link" on the main thread called "Le Potager du Laesseux: Gardening more than organic without fatigue". The links that would be titled "Re: The Phenoculture FAQ" as cited in my example ....
I do not have an explanation yet, I hope that will not make this idea obsolete! : Shock:

Perhaps a particularity of this subject ??? maybe because it's an "ad" ???

If this track confirms, thanks to the tests of a moderator .... of memory, when I was administrator of a forum, there is another way to highlight a topic .... genre in post-it or other title ... should try, if you see something like this : Wink:

Come on, it's time to give way to the moderators !!!

To you to tell me your conclusions : roll: : roll: : roll:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/09/17, 20:48

There is no technical limitation to using a subject on this forum to make an FAQ ...

From experience it is quite difficult to develop a cooperative FAQ via a forum because ideas go fast in all directions!

Yes, you can put a subject in Post-it or Announcement so that it is more visible. But the best visibility is given by active participation in the subject ...
0 x
Carl
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Carl » 21/09/17, 21:45

Christophe wrote:There is no technical limitation to using a subject on this forum to make an FAQ ...

I have certainly not expressed well, I say that there is no feature dedicated specifically for the creation of a FAQ, or I do not see it with the access rights that I have?
and I do not understand either, why I can not create a link to any post Didier's subject of discussion ...

Hoping to have been more understandable :)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/09/17, 21:55

Uh it's a forum, a tool to make a good community FAQ is rather a Wiki-pedia ...

To create a link to a post it is possible, you have to retrieve the link on the small white icon in the introduction of each message, example with your previous message: Agriculture / test-of-yourself-and-a-faq-on-the-phenoculture-t15368.html # p325775

It's true that this icon is a bit small ...

Edit: it has just been enlarged ...
0 x
Carl
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Carl » 21/09/17, 22:11

and yet here there is a "real" FAQ: http://forums.madmoizelle.com/sujets/le ... faq.72043/

YES! thank you for the little icon is the one shaped white sheet with a corner returned! I did not see him.

This icon to the same operation that I described in my previous posts, to find the internet link citing a post that contains the answer to the question asked ...

thanks to you, I have just found an element which will make it possible to find the answer to the question that I asked myself:

here the text "Re: Le Potager du Laesseux: Gardening more than organic without fatigue" appears: agriculture / the-garden-of-lazy-garden-more-than-bio-without-fatigue-t13846-7110.html

We are here at the 712th page of the subject

And yet here, on the 3th page, it does not appear anymore: agriculture / the-garden-of-lazy-garden-more-than-bio-without-fatigue-t13846-20.html

I conclude that there may be a relationship with respect to the seniority of post ???

But you have found the solution !!! because even if this label does not exist any more and well the small icon in the form of sheet, him, it still exists .....

Example: post273665.html # p273665

THANK YOU !!!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/09/17, 22:14

Carl wrote:and yet here there is a "real" FAQ: http://forums.madmoizelle.com/sujets/le ... faq.72043/
THANK YOU !!!

This is not a real FAQ, it is a subject like any other technically speaking but it was written in an "FAQ" way ...

Nothing for the rest :)

You saw I enlarged the icon :) 8)
0 x