Pedal agricultural machinery

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Crabine7
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Pedal agricultural machinery

by Crabine7 » 23/11/14, 20:50

Good evening, I just saw (on Facebook) a "culticycle" which brought me to this link http://farmhack.net/tools/culticycle
The craft seems brittle over time, what about this type of thing?
As does one factory in France? (Link please).
I am very interested for Burkina Faso, to provide an outlet for our smiths (desired planes), and a relaxation of the peasant working conditions.
Thank you
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 23/11/14, 21:11

I am not convinced that the pedal propulsion is the best way to move this thing: it is often unprofitable to extrapolate backwards, a motor vehicle to a manual drive.
In addition, it unnecessarily increases the complexity and cost of manufacturing with respect to a traction (or thrust) direct.
I would go for the design of a range of simple tools well suited to a specific task, rather than a "universal" tool holder.
The "Wheel hoes" are particularly interesting.

From an anatomical-mechanical point of view, the best way to transmit power to a plowing machine via a human is to have the anchor point at the top of the legs and pull backwards.
Clearly, a wide belt is positioned just below the waist and arms * not possibly intervene only for guidance.
If the labor available is not a rare factor, we can simply hitch several individuals with a device unitarily less powerful, but more fun: it is not forbidden to sing in chorus! :D

also thinking of permaculture (see eg .: Peter ash) Which allows to consider an approach with few tools and is well suited to these environments ...

* Be sure to avoid straining the spine!
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Crabine7
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Pedal agricultural traction

by Crabine7 » 23/11/14, 21:26

I just go see the video Wheel hoes, it's good for a garden, but not for agriculture ...

I argue it is more interesting to drive a pedal machine because it requires much less effort than being harnessed, I mean large areas such as African fields!

Moreover, it is economical since most do not have the means to equip themselves with a motor vehicle maintenance ... +

So I expect other answers with models and websites on the subject.
Thank you
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 23/11/14, 21:44

We agree on the question of the interest of the alternative engine (which I did not allude).
Is your conviction that pedaling is less painful than the direct tension and I do not share ... the resistance of the wheels to the advancement already consumes much of the low power (since we are outside the sphere effectiveness of the wheel: the floor plan, and hard) ...

If by chance you build one of these tools, I think you will be worth, at its inauguration, warm congratulations from officials of Ouagadougou (before they leave to their air-conditioned offices), but that they will be quickly abandoned by those he was supposed to provide help ...

This machine is built from garbage Western, not those of the African ...

If you explore the videos, sort Wheel hoes, you will see that there are derivatives gear suitable for larger areas.
Moreover, nothing prevents to imagine larger devices, from a base Wheel hoe ...

The machine that will consume the least power will be the non-machine => permaculture ...
Last edited by Ahmed the 23 / 11 / 14, 22: 19, 1 edited once.
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 23/11/14, 21:57

Ahmed wrote:If the labor available is not a rare factor, we can simply hitch several individuals with a device unitarily less powerful, but more fun: it is not forbidden to sing in chorus! :D

To improve performance, we can add:
- A guy who beats the drum with a big history of being in rhythm on the vehicle.
- A second type on the luggage rack (to be added) with a whisk to activate the motivation of the man who pedal ....
.... How? Ha ???? Slavery is abolished? Everything goes camps! .... : Mrgreen:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 23/11/14, 22:15

It is true that the motivation of the pedal is the hotspot, especially if it is surrounded by a crowd of laughing spectators! ... :P

For slavery, I reassure you: it still exists, but in generally indirect forms, at least enough to be admitted ...
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 24/11/14, 09:51

Ahmed wrote:It is true that the motivation of the pedal is the hotspot, especially if it is surrounded by a crowd of laughing spectators! ... :P
Why not tackle a cow?
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 24/11/14, 12:17

How to assume that a cow would be interested in a culture that does not concern?
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 24/11/14, 14:33

Ahmed wrote:How to assume that a cow would be interested in a culture that does not concern?
I suppose you would not ask him his opinion too ... But it is possible that it would not accept pedaling.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 24/11/14, 18:53

Cuicui wrote:
Ahmed wrote:It is true that the motivation of the pedal is the hotspot, especially if it is surrounded by a crowd of laughing spectators! ... :P
Why not tackle a cow?

I know some old farmer in France who used cows as draft animals ... according to their explanation was easier than beef

they are long retired ... it would be very complicated to find the knowledge that there was for the good use of animals that has been progressively developed during the millennium was lost in a year since we took the tractor instead

I do not boast the merits of draft animals: the energetics performance of a good tractor is better than an animal: the tractor that consome when it serves, the animal must eat every day even when not in use

the trick is pedal the beginning of the post makes me laugh!

if we want to plow with only his own human strength, it is ridiculous to pedaling on a trick that pulls a plow: it is better to use a simple spade! and can beaker with less energy than labourrer
0 x

Back to "Agriculture: problems and pollution, new techniques and solutions"