Sling pump: simple ecological pump

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Sling pump: simple ecological pump

by oli 80 » 15/04/10, 18:27

hello, i found a very simple and durable ecological pump
http://www.omafra.gov.on.ca/french/engi ... 04-028.htm
fig 2 and 3 and here are two videos presenting the system
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sbylXGEFtw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rAvBntl7jI
this system is known in america but could be successful in developing countries or even here too, it works on the same principle as a spiral pump which itself is inspired by the archimede screw

http://www.marcdatabase.com/~lemur/rbt-scoopwheel.html

in this link they explain that the system is inspired by the archimedean screw and the heron fountain, as air and water enter the pipe alternately, so in the latter the air and the water exert a pushing a bit like in the fountain of heron
https://www.econologie.com/forums/fontaine-d ... t6805.html
here is the swedish company which is at the origin of this new concept of the spiral pump www.jtminvest.se
Last edited by oli 80 the 20 / 04 / 10, 21: 10, 2 edited once.
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

spiral pump

by oli 80 » 17/04/10, 19:20

hello, I have the impression that nobody seems to be interested in it more than that, sometimes I have the impression of speaking in the wind on the forums : Evil: : Evil: : Evil:

this time it is an improvement of what already existed in antiquity, the spiral pump, this system produces pressure without piston or other mechanical, all just by the movement of air and entering the spiral

well i will be nice i leave the subject a few days, if there is no answer, i delete it completely, every time i find something interesting, i share it on forums, but as I see that nobody seems to make an effort to take an interest in it, I know it is unfortunate but it is like that, but hey we do with : Shock: : Shock:
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 17/04/10, 21:44

Do not worry and leave the subjects.
Just because you don't answer a subject doesn't mean you don't care : Mrgreen:
In some cases, putting only links can dissuade some from going to see what they contain.

There are quite a few interesting ideas in these links, including the interesting spiral pump. The principle is clever because it couples both the pump effect by raising the air in the pipe and the kinetic energy of the rotation of the pump.
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by oli 80 » 18/04/10, 00:01

good evening, sorry but sometimes it feels like talking in the wind when you want to share something on a forum and no one answers

In short, I often try to update certain technologies, sometimes old, sometimes used but without a patent.
(ex: pulser pump) because no company seems to sell this device, fortunately there are all these other possibilities that allow us to do things without electricity or fuel
not only in pumps, but also in other areas

if it saves money and respects the environment, why not put these technologies forward,
developing countries also need it
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 18/04/10, 10:41

This rotating bell is well worth the ram pump, without having to make a water level. On the other hand, the speed of the water current is appreciable.
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

conical pump

by oli 80 » 18/04/10, 19:23

good evening, the advantage of this system is the ease of implementation, we plant a stake in the stream we connect the hose then we moor the pump to the stake and it turns, the only mechanical parts are, the coupling fitting which allows rotation and the non-return valve if applicable

a spiral pump on an impeller must be installed at the edge of the stream but on a float it must be moored at several points

the sling pump has many advantages, here is the American link http://www.riferam.com/
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 18/04/10, 20:47

Olive 80

Sorry not to comment on your pumping topics which are fully interesting and I encourage you to continue even if I do not comment, I look at them all very religiously!

The fact that I do not have a stream at my disposal leads me to not intervene!

Continue your excellent work to inform us about the different pumps available!

You are the pro in this area!
:D
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 19/04/10, 01:35

Yes Oli 80, well done for this topic! Do not be discouraged, what you do is very good.
Did you know that there can be problems with legislation to use this in certain European countries (big sigh!) It's sad but it's like that. This does not detract from the genius of the invention. After all too bad, it will be the coolest countries that will benefit.
It's true that I didn't know myself.

@+

NB: when will there be new subjects if you have several to show us? Here there is a lot of subject that you can reactivate if they interest you. I also recommend the search function to see if we have already talked about something. In any case still a big BRAVO for your contribution. And don't lose courage or patience. Cooooooool!
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

other systems

by oli 80 » 19/04/10, 19:03

hello, I already posted on the subject of the ram, that of 32 pages and on other subjects opened by others on the ram, I also spoke about old pumps, like the lifting siphon, the pump of the great pyramid, the heron fountain with improvements made by other members

the pulser pump has existed for 20 years but does not yet seem patented, but it does not matter, it is easy to achieve and of course this improvement of the spiral pump which has become the "sling pump"

all these subjects can be found in "basin and swimming pool irrigations" and
"home water management, sanitation consumption"
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 19/04/10, 19:48

Well, that's fine, thank you. By the way what do you expect from econology and forums in general?!

Because we feel motivated

@+
0 x

Go back to “Water management, plumbing and sanitation. Pumping, drilling, filtration, wells, recovery ... "