We are going to recolonize the deserts or organic in town ??

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

We are going to recolonize the deserts or organic in town ??

by dedeleco » 25/02/10, 13:21

I submit to reflection these ecological projects of opposite sizes.

Desertec: a European mirage in the Arabian desert which replaces nuclear power plants:

"the initiators of Desertec plan to capture solar energy from the deserts of the MENA region (Middle East and North Africa) and to route it by submarine cables to the bottom of the Mediterranean to supply at least 15% of the needs of Europe in CO2-free electricity by 2050. For an investment of around 500 billion dollars "

http://www.developpementdurable.com/eco ... bique.html

It's easier to make organic on our rooftops in town or in our living room:
Solar and urban hydroponic agriculture: a concrete utopia
a San Francisco start-up created in the summer of 2008. Mike Yohay, the founder made the plea: “With hydroponic farming, the only thing you need to produce tasty products in town is 'space. Roofs are forgotten urban spaces which lend themselves perfectly to this use ”, with a comparative advantage for hydroponic agriculture (above-ground) which it produces twice as fast, consumes 90% less water and 75% less fertilizer and requires 20% less space than conventional farming. Not to mention that urban farms reduce the need for transport between producer and consumer.

http://www.developpementdurable.com/tec ... crete.html

Indoor vegetable garden: put green in your living room
http://www.developpementdurable.com/con ... salon.html

Eat eggs with 0 written on it
Choosing eggs: a civic act good for our health and that of chickens:
http://www.developpementdurable.com/con ... toyen.html
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 25/02/10, 14:03

Hello!

There are several posts on Desertec, the idea is excellent but the problem could be summarized as follows: geopolitics.
The initial investment is very important and requires the agreement of several countries, however the project is quite serious and will certainly lead to something.
I think however that the designers saw a little too large at the start, a European version of Desertec established in the south of Spain, Portugal, and Greece among others (countries which would badly need jobs in these times crisis!), would allow with a lower cost to suffice the need of small Europe, in order to popularize the idea and convince a large number for a more ... global connection!

As for urban agriculture, the idea is excellent but requires an architectural evolution to truly function.
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 25/02/10, 17:29

Architects already have agricultural buildings in their boxes that produce plants on several floors.

It is the principle of the greenhouse but on several levels in order to produce more with less surface area and with crops adapted to the conditions of sunshine depending on the floor and the proximity of the center of the building.
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 25/02/10, 18:41

I think it takes a little patience: case study.

- To live in Arabia, you might as well make your air co with solar energy and keep your oil for export. In addition, the buildings under a double solar roof would already be less hot.

- Part of the industry could be moved to warmer countries: less spending on heating the workshops, workers no longer having to heat and paying less for their vegetables could earn less

- It is very easy to make fresh water using thermal solar solutions.

But will you convince the authorities, for example in Sierra Leone to let you "tinker" with a colony on its national territory?
and paradoxically:

Europeans could "easily" create industrial, agricultural and ecological "colonies" in hot countries, but the inhabitants of these countries have only one idea in mind: to emigrate to the North!

Go get something! : Cry:
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 25/02/10, 21:03

Solar and urban hydroponic agriculture: a concrete utopia

Concrete or complete? Suppose for a moment that this system works (technically, I mean, because for the rest ...), there would no longer be any need to take the few current (oratory) precautions to permanently destroy what remains of nature.

Finally we would have a "nature" at hand, an entirely artificial "nature" which resembles us and which would be entirely submissive.
Ultimate triumph of (some, not all!) The man and his motto: "Why make it simple when you can make it complicated, so profitable?
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 25/02/10, 22:49

elephant wrote:
Europeans could "easily" create industrial, agricultural and ecological "colonies" in hot countries, but the inhabitants of these countries have only one idea in mind: to emigrate to the North!

Go get something! : Cry:

it's very simple you have to let ALL the inhabitants of certain hot countries come to France and we will take their place in their country where there is more sun than with us ...

error he does not come to us to seek less sun ...

I advise them to stay at home: it is better to be in developing countries than with us underdeveloped
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 26/02/10, 10:35

They go up north to be able to live or survive.
If you build facilities that require manpower for maintenance it is certain that they will prefer to stay in their country.
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
recyclinage
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by recyclinage » 26/02/10, 14:03

forever they want to reforest deserts they will need this

https://www.econologie.com/forums/arroser-le ... t8366.html

and this

https://www.econologie.com/forums/apiculture ... t8101.html

I am certain that it will take a minimum of time and patience to couple with these systems to perpetuate the thing
0 x
recyclinage
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by recyclinage » 26/02/10, 14:12

chatelot16 wrote:I advise them to stay at home: it is better to be in developing countries than with us underdeveloped

we chose the law of retaliation for economic reasons

we live by the blade
we will perish by the blade

the snake made the apple to eat
why is she doing that?
the snake had told him
0 x
zorglub
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by zorglub » 26/02/10, 16:56

Solar and urban hydroponic agriculture

it would be good, local production / consumption = gain in transport and CO²
it will shave dilapidated buildings, - work for the building - without taking virgin land
by building HQE homes

Europeans could "easily" create industrial "colonies"

unfortunately, I don't believe it, because all that is "industrial" is doomed to failure - they would quickly turn it into "jewels" unless it is managed by foreigners
0 x