Tax bottled water?

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
Ptilu
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Tax bottled water?

by Ptilu » 09/02/10, 19:37

Lu

I read on the express the following article:

http://www.lexpress.fr/actualite/enviro ... tor=AL-447

Personally, I don't really care about bottled water, the so-called bad taste has never marked me. You must read the comments they are enjoyable : Mrgreen:

Otherwise, where there is really a bp, water for infants ... Then I wonder how our grandparents did.

Then I really believe in the recovery of rainwater, but good for the city it is not practical (80% of the French population)

What do you think?
0 x
MDL Cruchots
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Tax bottled water?

by MDL Cruchots » 03/01/11, 11:07

Ptilu wrote:Otherwise, where there is really a bp, water for infants ... Then I wonder how our grandparents did.

Are you talking about undernourished people who measure on average 1m60?

We must stop systematically opposing progress and ecology.
Bottled water provides quality water all over the country. It is a plus for health that rain water or je-ne-sais-quoi will never replace.
After we can always tax it, only the rich will drink spring water, the poor rain water ...
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 03/01/11, 12:16

But it is taxed! It brings back at least a billion in VAT to the French state each year! It finances TV, the press, etc ...

What is tap water (the one that is drunk)? 1 euro tax / year and per person? It is therefore necessary to discourage its use, especially by the poor, who thus practice tax evasion ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/01/11, 12:37

+1 with elephant.

In addition to the VAT it is necessary to add: the taxes on the companies which sell bottled water: manufacturer of the plastic bottle, company which owns the source, transporter, distributor, retailer ...
0 x
moby25
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by moby25 » 03/01/11, 13:41

Finally when we see the report "evidence" on tap water, it makes you want to buy bottles. But on the other hand, plastic is also toxic
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 05/08/13, 18:17

Small unearthing of subject with a very interesting article:

"10 shocking facts about bottled water"

http://www.express.be/business/fr/econo ... 193907.htm

I love the thought of the president of Nestlé:

Peter Brabeck-Letmathe, the former CEO of Nestlé, believes that the idea that access to water should be considered a universal human right is "extreme". He advocates the privatization of 98,5% of the water supply "because people take it for granted, which means that they waste very large quantities of it".

He's right: bastards of the poor! : Evil:
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Flytox

by Flytox » 05/08/13, 23:19

✔ An impact on ecosystems. Companies like Coca-Cola, Nestlé, Pepsi, Evian and Fidji Water earn billions of dollars from water. In doing so, they threaten entire ecosystems, drawing spring water from the underground water tables that supply the surrounding rivers, wells and farms.

The overuse of the groundwater by salespeople of sales pitch / fleet with the problems that go with it, it is much less clean and not very new .... but what is it in proportion to pumping more or less wild from farmers, industry etc.?. (1/100; 1/1000 ...?) : Mrgreen:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 06/08/13, 09:08

"10 shocking facts about bottled water"

http://www.express.be/business/fr/econo ... 193907.htm
On the one hand the arguments of the sellers of bottled water (one lobby) on the other hand the arguments of the sellers of bulk water (another lobby). The choice between plague and cholera?
There was a time when a double distribution network had been envisaged, drinking water on one side (really potable, no sewage outlet water treated and reprocessed for what it is technically possible to do according to the means known and especially not too expensive industrially, which is not a quality reference, far from it!), domestic, industrial or agricultural water on the other. Too expensive! So too bad for endocrine disruptors, medoc and other residues in drinking water.
Lead was phased out of pipelines when it was impossible to deny the connection between repeated lead poisoning and "drinking water", as with asbestos in another industry.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 06/08/13, 10:44

Just two small points:

a) the quality of the water in the pipeline is highly variable, but there are excellent ones.

The first thing, get the analyzes available at the town hall.

And judge. It may be entirely worth bottled water [this is the case with me, because I am lucky that the catchment which feeds our network is located on the foothills of the Vosges, in the forest ... J have almost Volvic on tap! Which does not prevent neighbors from carting bottles! And that I have to fight with my daughter !!!]

b) Among bottled waters, there are .... mineral waters (confused with spring waters), some of which are perfectly ... unfit for consumption if we apply the criteria of water potability !

It is prudent to avoid - in all of these to limit! - the consumption of certain bottled mineral waters!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 06/08/13, 10:48

Janic wrote:
On the one hand the arguments of the sellers of bottled water (one lobby) on the other hand the arguments of the sellers of bulk water (another lobby).

But often the same financial holdings !!!

The most shocking thing for me: compare a liter of milk with a liter of bottled water.

When you know that in the first case, there is a farmer, who 365 days a year, raises naimaux, feeds them, etc ... to produce a milk which will then be bottled and sold exactly like water (but with health precautions, pasteurization, etc ... in addition) ... I am shocked!
0 x

Go back to “Water management, plumbing and sanitation. Pumping, drilling, filtration, wells, recovery ... "