Spring water to purify and filter

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
tipany
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Spring water to purify and filter

by tipany » 26/01/10, 14:42

Hello everyone.

News on this forum I have a question: we have a spring water (well) that feeds our house. The driving can not happen until we need a booster and the commune and the water company do not want to incur such an important expense.

How to purify a minimum (avoid nasty infants at our small end of 16 months) cheaply: activated carbon filters ?? I do not really know the other solutions.

Thank you for giving me a little help.

:?
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 26/01/10, 14:49

You can ask the DASS but it's double-edged because if they judge the water unfit, they can forbid you to drink it, especially for children.
0 x
tipany
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by tipany » 26/01/10, 14:52

We look forward to seeing you!

it was made analised by them result: totally unfit for conso.

We did a second analysis at a private lab (oups the price) but there it was succeptible to be drunk except for some traces of sludge. We just want to be able to filter it a little bit. We have been drinking it for a year and my husband's ancestors drank it before us and nada. All in perfect health.

Thank you in any case for answering me.
0 x
little sparrow
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by little sparrow » 26/01/10, 15:44

Bonjour,

tipany,
I note that you do not let yourself be defeated by certain hygienist / alarmist / catastrophist speeches that can be read here and there ...

and you are looking to inform yourself .. it's already a good start!

What bothers me in your story is that you seem to be saying that you have 2 reports of quite divergent analyzes in their results! ?
can you specify something?

because it would also be easier to focus on these analysis reports, because some substances each have a specific treatment or more appropriate than others ..., so we should know a minimum what is problematic in the quality of your water ...

if it is a well, and if you are in the ANC zone, I would not be at all surprised if there is faecal contamination !! (> neighboring sanitation)

and when you say:
"Driving can't get to us" .. you talk about the public diet I guess? .., which would mean that you are not connected at all to the public drinking water .. and that in this case all your water consumption would come from this well ...
is that it?

cordially
0 x
well hello to you !! ...
Did67

by Did67 » 26/01/10, 16:38

I lived in Africa for a few years and drank some very clean water after filtering it.

There are always those good old Buron filters. See :

http://www.buron.biz/v2/home/p.dom.b.php

Just filter the drinking water (and possibly vegetable preparation).

Very effective for any bacteriological contamination.

Be careful, this is not effective against viruses (too small, they pass - normally, there is none in a well) or of course against the chemical elements (in some corners, there are little dissolved elements desirable, traces of rare metals, etc., nitrates, quite stupid too, which stupefy a little brain ...) ...

To know also, a well is all the cleaner that it is emptied often. So do not hesitate to pump water for watering, washing, etc ... This renews the water, which comes out of the earth's layers which filter it. Otherwise, it "stagnates" and becomes contaminated by surface water which can enter for example ...

That said, like little pierrot, I did not understand the situation!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/01/10, 12:17

tipany wrote:it was made analised by them result: totally unsuitable for conso.

We did a second analysis at a private lab (oops the price) but there she was succeptible to be drunk except for some traces of mud.

ImageImage

"I like" the "disparity of conclusions" of the 2 analyzes ...

Frankly it's scary ... We can feel the "psychological stiffness" (and history) of the Dass in this example! : Cheesy:
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 27/01/10, 15:33

1) In an analysis, by definition, we only find what we are looking for!

Are the different elements analyzed comparable?

2) In principle, the DASS has a protocol adapted to drinking water. This is probably severe, but it is what is applied to the water distributed in all public networks.

This does not mean that beyond the thresholds applied, one dies. This means that below, we are pretty sure we will not get in trouble ...

Where I live, the town had to redo drilling to move a new collection because there was an abnormally high rate of I do not know what a rare item. It cost the water service good, but hey, will they blame them for having analyzed this item ???

3) I would be interested in a comparison of the two analyzes.

If the "totally unsuitable" relates only to the disorder (presence of clay), you forget. It is that such water could not be put in the public circuits, therefore "legally", it is unsuitable, but the clay (clean, not soiled) is not a danger, on the contrary!

If there are other elements that exceed the thresholds (nitrates, traces of such element), it may be necessary to think (especially for young people, who may fix perhaps for a long time some of these elements).
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 28/01/10, 13:28

Small addition: many waters mineral (I do not speak of spring waters) would not be declared drinkable by the DASS !!! To know.
0 x
zorglub
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by zorglub » 11/02/10, 21:13

can be an osmosis (reverse osmosis) you find from 350 € (about 12 liters / hour)
pure stépros on Google
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

UV filters

by oli 80 » 13/02/10, 18:38

hello, there are also UV filters here is a video where we see this system http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bykbVECVrE

I do not know if this kind of stuff is bought from us

there is also the magnetic filter, but that I think it's a gadget
0 x