Annual water consumption

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
Pear Belle Helene
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Annual water consumption

by Pear Belle Helene » 26/04/09, 18:22

Hi of the day,

While searching and classifying my papers, I came across my water bill and in particular the summary of our consumption since 2005.

2005: 157 M3
2006: 146 M3
2007: 104 M3 We don't put the pool anymore, I don't want it anymore and new washing machine (the old man died after 20 years)
2008: 86 M3 Three aerators are installed on the three water points.

As we can see with a few small changes, we really consume less water.
I specify that here we live at 5 permanently and often at 7 (our two big ones are in college) and that we do not brush our teeth by letting it flow but we have a cup.
In short, little things that change the game every day.

Is your water consumption of this order ???
0 x
Pear Belle Helene
Hasardine
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Hasardine » 26/04/09, 19:41

I've no idea ! I have never looked into the subject, but I would tell you, as soon as my paperwork archeology session ended!

... to be continued !
0 x
Chartrousin
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Chartrousin » 26/04/09, 21:40

less than 90m3 / year for 5 people, it is a very low consumption. I had to use last year about 30m3 of water (alone during the week, +2 people on weekends), which is a little more than you, in relation to the number of people, taking care already (but can do even better ...).
I had the opportunity (work) to visit a lot of houses and study their water consumption, and we very (very very) rarely reach such low levels. Most of the time, in what I see, we are around 90m3 in a family of 3 who is already a little careful (and without young children!).
To tell the truth, for an average family of 4 people, the figures that I saw go from 130 to more than 250 (!!) m3 ... It is consistent with the French stats which announce 30 to 40 m3 / year .habitant, but you're well below, congratulations.
0 x
"It is of no use to man to gain the Moon if he happens to lose the Earth."
[Mauriac]
Pear Belle Helene
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Pear Belle Helene » 26/04/09, 21:46

We don't have a bathtub and I shower 4 or 5 times a week at my workplace so that saves money too.

No vegetable garden, a recent dishwasher too.
0 x
Pear Belle Helene
Chartrousin
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Chartrousin » 26/04/09, 21:54

Yes, anyway I think you are approaching the consumption limits for 5 people. To go really lower you would have to recycle gray water or use dry toilets ...
But it's already good, if the French average was at this level, we would save close to 1 billion m3 of drinking water per year, in France alone (50%)!
0 x
"It is of no use to man to gain the Moon if he happens to lose the Earth."

[Mauriac]
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 27/04/09, 10:50

Last year we were at 17 m3 of water at 2 for the "household" (+ 13 m3 exceptionally to recharge our solar thermal buffer) see: https://www.econologie.com/forums/prix-de-l- ... t6086.html

It seemed very little to us, especially since we don't seem to be restricting ourselves - just to be careful. We will see at the next readjustment.

What speaks volumes about Poire belle Helene is the significant drop as you put in little "stuff" that isn't heavy but makes a real difference. Like what the "small gestures for the planet", it works.
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 27/04/09, 11:39

: Shock: 17Mcubes?
Yes but ... you are talking about the water from the meter, there may be in addition to rainwater ..
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 27/04/09, 12:13

No, no rainwater, just the meter.
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 27/04/09, 12:19

Image :D
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/04/09, 13:14

Yep LeJuste: you don't want us to also count the water in the stream for strawberries and tomatoes, do you? : Shock:

Christine wrote:We will see at the next readjustment.

He just arrived: we "won" 40,94 € (on what we have already paid) that they will reimburse us but I do not know how many m3 it is exactly !! (as it is always done not of approximation calculations their invoices are indecotable :) )

For 2009 they estimate our daily consumption at 134 L / day bizarre ca 47 m3 ah ah ah will still have to reimburse !! : Mrgreen:

Here LeJuste I found your hallucinamentally low invoice on the other subject:

25L / day in 2006 ?! Hat! Come on, how did you manage to bridge the meter? : Mrgreen:
0 x