Proces of rainwater: the customer mistaken for an idiot!

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
Christophe

Proces of rainwater: the customer mistaken for an idiot!

by Christophe » 15/02/09, 12:50

Here is the scan of a flyer from a well-known hard discount store. There is no assembly obviously ... I tilted because it is the 2 products are on the same page! Otherwise I probably wouldn't have noticed the customer scam!

Price per m3 stored:

a) Skeptic tank: 449/3 = 150 € / m3
b) Rainwater: € 434 / m3

Coefficient: 2,90 !!!

It is therefore 2.90 more expensive to store rainwater in a

I would like someone (ideally a seller or a manufacturer) to explain to me the difference in price reported per m3 between these 2 tanks whose design is similar and the same materials!

On the contrary, I think that the tank of the septic tank is more resistant (resistance to pH, corrosion ...) than that of rainwater.

The environment market is a great sham !!

So I can already hear:

a) it's the effect of numbers: there are a lot of skeptics sold as rainwater harvesters ...

Funny: we sell 10 times more solar panels today than 10 years ago: have prices dropped? : Mrgreen:

b) there are accessories on the rainwater: you will have to make these 2 filters or even ... it's expensive the strainer !!

I checked on their site: the tank alone is sold € 899 or € 340 / m3, coef 2.26. And the basket filter = 90 € (ah ah ah) and the self-cleaning filter with 3 elbows and a siphon: 335 € (ah ah ah bis)

In short, I was really fed up with finding that everything that is good for the environment is overcharged !!! There is really a foutage of mouth of the customer ... : Evil:

In any case if one day installs a big recovery of rainwater: I would put a tank of skeptical pit !! Until this spring I will install a cubic in PE of 1m3: 1000 L = 40 € (used = 40 € / m3) and new it is in the 100 € or 100 € / m3, 1-0 the ball in the center! That I would cover with wooden panels for a few tens € (because it is not very beautiful a white block in the garden) ...

You are still going to tell me: but you have understood nothing about trade ... And you could not be right but then give me the price of a planet!

A course "learn to buy" should be compulsory in primary school ... In fact the reverse of what is taught in business school namely "How to put it deepest to the customer"
0 x
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: Rainwater recovery: the customer taken for a con!

by Rabbit » 15/02/09, 13:15

I would like someone (ideally a seller or a manufacturer) to explain to me the difference in price reported per m3 between these 2 tanks whose design is similar and the same materials!

Had to continue your calculations, you will have had the answer.
So you had:
a) Skeptic tank: 449/3 = 150 € / m3
b) Rainwater: € 434 / m3

Your answer was at pencil holder, € 434 - € 150 = € 284
: Mrgreen:

Won't there be an engineer in the room to check?
: Lol:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/02/09, 13:25

Ah ah ah Image for this answer!
0 x
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rabbit » 15/02/09, 13:32

It was with great pleasure, if you have any other questions.
: Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/02/09, 13:57

Pffff !! Maieuh !!! Sir, the Rabbit annoys me !!
0 x
little sparrow
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by little sparrow » 15/02/09, 17:33

Bonjour,

It’s sure that it’s a foutage of mouth .....
business is business ....
and since there are always pigeons everywhere !! .... :x

On the other hand :
these 2 tanks with a similar design ...

I think that the tank of the septic tank is more resistant (resistance to pH, corrosion ...) than that of rainwater.

no ... different design since different mechanical resistance ... and skeptical tank less resistant to crushing ....

cordially
0 x
well hello to you !! ...
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 15/02/09, 18:23

A word from the professor:

attention: the pit you are talking about here has no doubts, it is therefore septic, without "c" after the S :D
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Did67

by Did67 » 15/02/09, 18:41

little sparrow wrote:no ... different design since different mechanical resistance ... and skeptical tank less resistant to crushing ....

cordially

Let. Explain to me that you can bury a septic tank at the bottom of your garden that is less sturdy than a water tank ???

Personally, I would prefer to sink into rainwater rather than the rest ....

So yes, I will use a septic tank if it is three times cheaper.
0 x
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rabbit » 15/02/09, 18:55

There is a big difference in use between a pit
skeptical and a cistern.
One is regularly empty, moreover on periods
long enough, the other will be only very exceptionally
over a very short time. The design must therefore be
necessarily different. Until how much I do not know, it will be necessary to find
an engineer to explain this to us in more detail.

Nevertheless it is still excessive
0 x
aidiv
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by aidiv » 15/02/09, 19:24

hi, maybe also the quality of the pvc .. polluting for septic and food for the other ??? :?:
0 x