groundwater pollution alert: What to do?

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
jime
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

groundwater pollution alert: What to do?

by jime » 09/02/09, 14:38

Hello,

I present the situation briefly.

My parents are victims on their land of pollution of the water table, pollution probably resulting from a leak in the sewer system of the village.

This source of pollution is not minimal. The water in one of their ponds can turn in 24 hours (around 60 m3).

Our problem is therefore to get this matter into public domain pollution either by the town hall or by the company which is responsible for sewers.

Manifestation of pollution:
The water in the pond turns cloudy and a strong foul odor (shit) spreads around.

For the moment we have noted pollution by the responsible of the fishing society and the village guard. A team from the sewer service came to clean the pipes. Effect observed: in half an hour the water in the pond turned brown, shit color with the odor that goes with it.

And since everyone ignores us, and yet, I took photos today, showing the extent of the pollution.
So I would like to make noise, to get the message out, that the municipal service pollutes the village soils and washing their hands.
And I would especially like to communicate the facts to whom it may concern so that the town hall begins the search for leakage work, it is a shame on their part to ignore such a problem.

Here are the photos of the pollution.

The polluted pond with a street in the background, you should know that for 10 years, all these single-occupant houses have been transformed into apartments with 3 apartments per house, and the structure of the sewers has never been modified since.

This photo shows the passage from one pond to another, on the left the water as it has always been (it does not smell shit), on the right, polluted water (which smells of shit on the surface, and even worse when you dip your hand in it)

When we know what most of our fellow citizens are fueling (chemicals, antibiotics,) we dare not imagine the composition of water)

Here the 2nd pond, clear, unpolluted water

What to do and who to alert to see this pollution?
0 x
highfly-addict
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by highfly-addict » 09/02/09, 14:55

Contact the ONEMA departmental service, which will possibly be able to verbalize, at least advise you on the procedures, in France at least.

Good luck !
0 x
"God laughs at those who deplore the effects of which they cherish the causes" BOSSUET
"We see what we believes"Dennis MEADOWS

Go back to “Water management, plumbing and sanitation. Pumping, drilling, filtration, wells, recovery ... "