Search information

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/11/03, 14:20

I just have ideas that you mentioned but no description (this also interests me) the pb also is how to transform this stored energy into useful energy (electricity a priori) since this phase does not pass a system having a return ... and we often come up with ridiculous overall returns.

For example, example of the wind turbine + high water storage (with pump and generator)

1) Your wind turbine provides 1kwh of electricity,
2) This will cause a 1 kw pump for one hour ... you will therefore have stored 1kwh in the form of potential energy * pump efficiency (0.6 to 0.8 depending on the pump and speed) you therefore have 0.7 kwh in "l 'water"
3) Conversely the turbine driving the generator either does not have an efficiency of 100%, it is between 0.6 and 0.8 (it is a pump upside down) so take 0.7 to decide .... you will have at this level the: 0.7 x 0.7 kwh or 0.49 kwh
4) The generator itself having a yield of 0.8 we end up with 0.49 x 0.8 = 0.4 kwh

Finally this storage solution will have degraded 60% of the energy produced by the wind turbine ... and when we know that a wind turbine does not turn at nominal power less than 30% of the time ... I do not think that this solution it is really econological. Not to mention the investment coup .....

I do not think that at present a solution is more advantageous than the others (except maybe a disk of inertia but very heavy investment) the worst being to store in the form of hydrogen (resulting from an electrolysis of l '') compressed and re-burned in a heat engine (overall efficiency less than 10%)

To conclude, it may be that in the battery solution is the + econological! There are dry batteries which hardly know anything (aviation batteries)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/11/03, 13:04

1) Thank you for the link, the small graphic is interesting too bad that a supplement with the cost (including production method and installation) at W / Wh is not present ... for the air this presents the same losses (in worse) than for pumping water ...

2) for stirling yes but c quite complex to realize, a solar may not really work in winter (or at night) on the other hand if you heat yourself with wood, recover some of the heat lost in the chimney to feed a stirling can be interesting .... I linked the reference site in French on this engine on the link page, will see.

3) For dry batteries I know kK1 which recovered a lot from the army during an auction, it has a fairly large stock may be will he be willing to sell you some? Is he in Brittany or are you located? If you want, can I call her and tell her about it?
0 x
Misterloxo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Misterloxo » 29/11/03, 13:23

Hello!

To store water at height, I read an aticle of skincare and future on the "Aries", a system which makes it possible to raise water without energy supply.

You know ?
0 x
Learning disobedience is a long process. It takes a lifetime to reach perfection. "Maurice Rajsfus
To think is to say no. "Alain, philosopher
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/12/03, 12:10

uh not at all loxo ... c kel science & future am also subscribed ...
What is the basic principle?

ps: there is a bug with forum... apparently the ip sql has changed ... so it should not work at all anymore ..: blink:
0 x
Misterloxo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Misterloxo » 01/12/03, 22:07

Creation of a hydraulic ram.

A little bit of history

The principle of the ram was invented in 1796, more than two centuries ago, by Joseph Montgolfier and his son Pierre.

How is it made up?

The hydraulic circuit is composed of a driving line connecting the source to the ram, the ram itself and a supply line connecting the ram to the use tank.

The ram itself consists of a main body closed by a calibrated valve and a sealed tank (bell) connected to the body by another valve also calibrated and connected to the supply line.

Creation of a hydraulic ram.

How does it work ?

Initially, the inner valve of the tank is closed and the valve of the main body is open. The water from the source flows freely through the driving line and the body of the ram, gaining speed and escaping through the main valve. At a given moment, thanks to the speed acquired, the main valve closes suddenly causing "water hammer", a well-known phenomenon which, in other places, can have devastating effects. Here, this water hammer will cause the opening of the internal valve and the water will penetrate into the bell by compressing the internal air which will, by the acquired pressure, push the water in the supply line to which the bell is connected. The water in the driving pipe and in the body of the ram will gradually slow down and finally stop allowing the opening of the main valve while the internal valve of the bell falls back on its seat. The water will start to flow again through the body of the ram and the main valve in the open position until again acquiring a certain speed sufficient to close the main valve again and cause a new "water hammer"; And so on, several times a minute, 24 hours a day, 24 days a year and year after year with virtually no maintenance.

What is the performance of a hydraulic ram?

The performance of a ram essentially depends on the capacity of the source. Different models of rams exist; of different capacities, they can be adapted to the performance of the source. In general, we can say that the ratio between the height of fall and the height of ascent is inversely proportional to the ratio between the amount of water withdrawn at the source and the amount of water raised, to the nearest yield. This yield is around 70%. In other words, we can for example say that, if we have a source with a capacity of 30 l / min and a drop of 10 m, we can raise to 30 m an amount of water of 10 lx 70% or 7 liters of water per minute.

There are rams adapted to sources with a capacity of a few liters / min to almost 0.5 m³ / minute and the ascent height can exceed 100 m.

CONNECTIONS :
http://www.codeart.org/technique/eau/belie...raulique_fr.htm
http://centralenergie.free.fr/Page/Pompe/P...ompe-Belier.php
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/energies-nouvelles...ses/ch12-71.htm

PS: for forums, I saw there is not a patch to install for this setlocal error?:!
0 x
Learning disobedience is a long process. It takes a lifetime to reach perfection. "Maurice Rajsfus
Misterloxo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Misterloxo » 02/12/03, 19:28

Ps: for science and future, I can't find it anymore but it was the last one I received: unsure:
0 x