Copper disinfection in hospital

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
Christophe

Copper disinfection in hospital

by Christophe » 07/11/08, 13:18

It just went to the FR2 News: the Birmingham hospital saw its germs decrease from 90 to 95% after replacing various equipment with ... copper (or brass from what I saw on the video)...

What makes me smile is that we pretend that it is a fabulous discovery while it is known that the Egyptians were already using 3000 copper as a disinfectant ... I do not remember who gave the info on forums at the time.

Copper is also used to disinfect swimming pools: https://www.econologie.com/forums/piscine-sa ... t5668.html
0 x
Matt113
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Matt113 » 07/11/08, 13:51

He has been talking about it for a long time, I think.

I do not know if it was the same hospital but I had already seen it at least two years ago it seems to me.
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 07/11/08, 14:11

especially the door handles, the infections most often passing by the hands ... but it makes a lot of it!
0 x
bpval
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by bpval » 07/11/08, 14:43

It's time Image

Buy "copper" shares : Mrgreen:

Hello
0 x
PIF PAF POUM
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 07/11/08, 15:35

In its difficult times, it is a first class info, would that mean that we could effectively disinfect a wound by introducing - posing - (in the bleeding phase) a copper tube?
Disinfected beforehand with a neutral agent ....
And of course without a trace of verdigris
If there is a doctor in the room .... 8)

Ding, Dang, Dong!
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/11/08, 15:55

Matt113 wrote:He has been talking about it for a long time, I think.

I do not know if it was the same hospital but I had already seen it at least two years ago it seems to me.

Yes this delay probably corresponds between the beginning and the end of the clinical study ...

Lietseu: still not push ... it limits the dispersion of bacterial agents but it's still not such a powerful disinfectant ...

: Lol:
0 x
bobono
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Disinfection by copper

by bobono » 07/11/08, 17:20

Just ask the farmers a good disinfection of the hospital with copper sulphate as on the vines or the potatoes
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/11/08, 17:29

Yes! It's the lemon porridge ... Bordeaux oups!

Sorry Citro! : Mrgreen:

On the other hand it works less well than the "nasty pesticides and fungicides" ...
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 07/11/08, 17:55

Yes, two nasty beasts these two there : Mrgreen:

I do not see where it is difficult to think a little further ... : Cheesy:
so, supposition mode
you have nothing else under your hand but a piece of copper, you cut yourself with your ax in the knurling wheel, but the wound is not deep, it would help to put the copper pipe on the wound ???
supposition off mode

Ding, Dang, Dong!
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu

"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?

One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...

Go back to “Water management, plumbing and sanitation. Pumping, drilling, filtration, wells, recovery ... "