Water filter for the shower?

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
sam beckett
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Water filter for the shower?

by sam beckett » 26/10/08, 20:01

Hello,

So here, waiting for a day may be to install a device to filter the water directly out of the meter, I would already install a filter for the shower ... tired of this shower with this water full of chlorine ...

What brand / model of filter do you recommend for filtering as much junk from my shower (chlorine, pesticides, other chemicals ...)?
The most effective thing possible, to finally be able to take a pleasant shower, and that does not harm health.

Thank you in advance.
0 x
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 26/10/08, 20:51

Where do you live to have such a large amount of chlorine in your tap water?

How about a hydrophore group and a rainwater tank for your shower?
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!
sam beckett
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by sam beckett » 21/01/09, 18:04

oops, shame : Oops: ,
I had not replied to this message ....

So to answer the question, I live in Brittany, renowned, as everyone knows, for "the incomparable quality of its water, so pure and so clean". : Cheesy:

A hydrophore group ... does not know.
But an installation with rainwater, why not, but it will not be for now.
This is why I need, for the moment, an easy to install system, which would already allow me to improve the quality of the water.

For now, all I've found is the SPRITE KDF + Chorgon anti-chlorine shower filter.
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 26/05/09, 10:42

sam beckett wrote:For now, all I've found is the SPRITE KDF + Chorgon anti-chlorine shower filter.

Hello,

I'm starting to look for something for shower water because my son is starting to have skin problems that may well be related to water ...

By doing a research I found the same thing as you (SPRITE + KDF). Have you tried it?
If yes: is it effective? can you send me the address of your purchase (in a private message to avoid advertising)?
If not, did you find anything else?

Thank you so much!
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity
sam beckett
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by sam beckett » 07/06/09, 10:01

Hello,

so yes, I bought, and therefore tried the kdf sprite filter, for 4 months now ...
in fact I took the hand shower version, with the filter integrated in the handle, because I also needed an economical hand shower, and it was difficult for me to install the shower filter ...
but 'is the same, it's just a practical detail, because the use is the same ...

in terms of efficiency, well I'm satisfied ..
No more smell of chlorine, no more limescale, and I no longer have itchy, itchy skin, and parched as before, out of the shower ...
so much for the visible effects ..
after there are all the effects, which are not immediately noticeable, but surely even more important ...

I do not know if this will solve your son's skin problems, but in any case it cannot harm installing a filter ... and it can only do good for everyone in your home.

I send you the link by mp ..
voilà ..
0 x
little sparrow
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by little sparrow » 07/06/09, 10:50

Bonjour,

I would already like to install a filter for the shower ... fed up with this shower with this water full of chlorine ...

What brand / model of filter do you recommend for filtering as much junk from my shower (chlorine, pesticides, other chemicals ...)?
The most effective thing possible, to finally be able to take a pleasant shower, and that does not harm health.

the ideal in my opinion, which is simple to install (before water heater), not very expensive but above all effective, would be a bell filter to fill with granulated activated carbon .. !!
(kind "Cintropur" , which I know well to be equipped with it myself.)
large volume of carbon and therefore longer "contact" time for better efficiency !!

cordially
0 x
well hello to you !! ...
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 08/06/09, 09:46

Thank you for the information !
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity