Rainwater for WCs: what does the law say?

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
socratesbb
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Rainwater for WCs: what does the law say?

by socratesbb » 13/11/07, 21:17

From what I heard it is not allowed to use rainwater for the toilets and therefore even less for the washing machine otherwise risk of polluting the water network of the house. : Cry:
It's a shame because this is precisely what I wanted to do : Cheesy:
Do you have any info on the subject? perhaps already treated in the forum .. but I have not found.

Bernard
0 x
little sparrow
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by little sparrow » 13/11/07, 22:11

Hello Bernard,

yes I think this subject has already been discussed on the forum ...

As a reminder, it is not forbidden for you to use the EDP for your WC or even for your LL if you want ....
be careful, because there are a lot of bullshit on the subject at the moment !! ...

to know: concerning the EDP tax credit, a 1st decree was released on May 4, 2007 concerning only external uses for EDP ....
= ridiculous !!

a second should be released very soon, this time concerning the (or rather "the") interior uses,
(this second decree will authorize (according to recent reports) only WC use .. !!)

these 2 arrested are supposed to define the practical modalities concerning the use, the material, the maintenance and the installation ....., and this within the framework of the tax credit !!
(whatever .. I read somewhere that the second could be applied in a general way (for everyone) and not only within the framework of the attribution of the tax credit ... to be continued ..)

nevertheless, if the WC use will be "authorized" in this decree, it should not be considered that any other use will be systematically "prohibited" for the private individual using the EDP at home for his personal use !!!!!
in this case, it would simply become interference !!!

you should also know that an individual who "collects and stores" the EDP therefore becomes its owner !!!!

so tell me what right the state could afford to have the right to decide what you do at home, to decide with what water you shower or do your laundry, what water you put on your table, ..... ??? , or prohibit you from using water that belongs to you as you please !!!!

nor should we confuse the requirements and responsibilities of distributors with the fundamental right to user !!

the most important and "mandatory" now remains the total disconnection of the 2 internal networks to protect the "public" network .. !!!!

apart from that ... do whatever you want with your EDP or well or source, as long as you respect a minimum of self-responsibility in relation to your own health security ...

cordially :?
0 x
well hello to you !! ...
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 13/11/07, 22:40

to be more clear: you will not have a tax credit on the tank if it is used for anything other than watering: which prohibits wc and washing machine

but anyway the tax credit doesn't work if we do everything even

so I do everything myself, no tax credit, and no water bill, because my rainwater has been drinkable for a long time

mistrust the fact of profiting from a tax credit matched with regulations it is a blow to be subject to control: at my place no subsidy no control
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 13/11/07, 23:01

What is prohibited is to have the city water circuit, and the tank water circuit in communication, because if the rainwater pressure becomes stronger than city water, then there is pollution of the city network.
So the two circuits must be separate.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/11/07, 23:15

lejustemilieu wrote:What is prohibited is to have the city water circuit, and the tank water circuit in communication, because if the rainwater pressure becomes stronger than city water, then there is pollution of the city network.
So the two circuits must be separate.

Yes but at the realization level, I don't know if the legislation is the same in France as in Belgium ...
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 14/11/07, 00:12

In France, circuits must be separated. A non-return is tolerated.

But you should know that with the water distributed by a company, there is a sanitation tax on the cubic meter consumed, because its destination is supposed to return to the sewer, treated by the treatment plant.
Used rainwater? OKAY. But never reject it in the above-mentioned sewer.
Otherwise we are a fraudster.
If it goes into the garden, we are not reprehensible.
But will you know? Since we can no longer have a septic tank when there is a sewer network…
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 14/11/07, 00:53

yes the septic tank is prohibited when there is everything in the sewer, but this prohibition is stupid and it will be necessary to oppose it

I am trying to make a methanization system: and I intend to add to my WC all the green waste that I have to make more methane, there is not everything in the sewer at home, but I intend to install the same thing in all those who want it: how could we prohibit recovering energy from methane and force to clutter a wastewater treatment plant that eats money

(unless the treatment plant costs less than what we are charged for)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/11/07, 09:51

gegyx wrote:Used rainwater? OKAY. But never reject it in the above-mentioned sewer.

So that always made me laugh: to my knowledge, rainwater from public roads in cities passes through the same network as black and gray water from households ...

In other words: there are not 2 sewage systems .... if?
Last edited by Christophe the 14 / 11 / 07, 09: 58, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/11/07, 09:55

chatelot16 wrote:how could we forbid recovering energy from methane

It's simple: by passing lobbyist laws ...

chatelot16 wrote:and oblige to clutter up a wastewater treatment plant that eats money

Money ... and energy ...

I always asked myself how much was energetically costing (overall balance including chemicals a little like in agriculture) the purification of a m3... kk1 would have info on the subject? There is Bucheron who worked in the water but he no longer comes here ... :|

chatelot16 wrote:(unless the treatment plant costs less than what we are charged for)

I do not think so ... otherwise sweat and co would quickly go bankrupt ... It is rather the opposite ...
0 x
Wlad
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Wlad » 14/11/07, 13:52

Christophe wrote:
gegyx wrote:Used rainwater? OKAY. But never reject it in the above-mentioned sewer.

So that always made me laugh: to my knowledge, rainwater from public roads in cities passes through the same network as black and gray water from households ...

In other words: there are not 2 sewage systems .... if?

Yes and no, in some cities there is a separation of rainwater and wastewater collection. To my knowledge, the current trend is to go towards the separative but it is very expensive and it is problematic for small towns with little means.

In a city close to my home, work has been done for 20 years in order to switch all the network into a separation.

We should be able to find more information by searching the law n ° 2006-1772 of December 30, 2006 on water and aquatic environments.
0 x