Supercharger capable of suction over a long distance

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
osset
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Supercharger capable of suction over a long distance

by osset » 30/07/07, 12:09

I have a pond at the bottom of my land fed by a natural spring which is exposed, apparently connected to a water table 10 m below. I installed a 65 meter long buried pipe to supply the house. compared to the outcrop, the drop is always less than 3m, rather 1,5m on average.
Is there a booster capable of ensuring suction over such a distance?
0 x
zac
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 30/07/07, 14:50

Hello

Yes if you are able to prime it and you have a perfect non-return valve (and no leaks).

But I advise you to put your booster as close to the source, in the long run you will be much less bored !!!!!

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
ThierrySan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by ThierrySan » 30/07/07, 23:40

I would say all the same as Zac!

In theory, you can use a conventional pump as close as possible to your home. But the best compromise is halfway or closer to the source if you can. Pay particular attention to your maximum delivery distance ...

In theory, in suction, only the height counts, but pay attention to the pressure losses which are added to your maximum height in suction. Then the pump is also defined by a maximum delivery length ... Pay attention!
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 30/07/07, 23:59

zac wrote:Hello

Yes if you are able to prime it and you have a perfect non-return valve (and no leaks).

But I advise you to put your booster as close to the source, in the long run you will be much less bored !!!!!

@+

Beware of frost in winter ...
0 x
Snickers
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Snickers » 31/07/07, 21:13

The distance is not a problem if the rigid suction pipe has a sufficient diameter (minimum 1 "-2").
The suction capacity of the pump must be checked. It must be at least 50% higher than the maximum drop.
Then, it will obviously be necessary to prime the pump before starting it.
0 x
1000 Km VAE self-built (02 / 2007)
http://cyclurba.fr/velo/206/VAE-kit-rea ... -velo.html
Vélotaf in VAE Kit Nine continent 48V http://cyclurba.fr/forum/17745/essai-ki ... 9#msg17745
28Km / day A123 2P15S BMS Balancer
You will not kill your planet!
Other

by Other » 01/08/07, 18:21

Hello

a pump in particular a centrifugal pump it is not necessary to make a restriction on the suction besides the suction pipe is larger than that of delivery.
a centrifugal pump if it sucks circulating in the well and in the pond is more perforated, than to place in the house with a long conduit which must be oversized with a good non-return valve.

For deep wells or a too large distance on the suction it is sold pumps with a ventutri it takes a certain volume of water from the pump and returns it to the suction in a venturi to accelerate the pumping.
experience tells me that it is better to put a long electric wire and the pump close to the water level to pump, despite the drawbacks of winter and installation.
Obviously if you want maximum pumping.

Andre
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 01/08/07, 18:44

Andre wrote:experience tells me that it is better to put a long electric wire and the pump close to the water level to pump, despite the drawbacks of winter and installation.
Obviously if you want maximum pumping.

Andre

For frost, we sell self-regulating electrical conduits (to be wound for example on the pump + insulation)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/08/07, 20:33

And why not put a small submerged cellar pump upstream of all this?

It would be controlled by the regulation of the suppressor.

There are some for less than 30 € ...

The only drawback to be resolved: filtration upstream of this pump (one can imagine a kind of "cage" with mosquito nets) and obviously the electric control ...
0 x

Go back to “Water management, plumbing and sanitation. Pumping, drilling, filtration, wells, recovery ... "