Retrieving calories lost in the sewer?

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
Christophe

Retrieving calories lost in the sewer?

by Christophe » 29/05/07, 17:04

Everything is in the title: there are some system to recover heat from the hot water is poured into the drain?

2 quick ideas:

A) A small heat exchanger mounted shower outlet (a shower = 2kWh about either 0.2L fuel with a 100% yield) could save tens of L of fuel per year I guess ...

B) What about a storage tank at the uninsulated basement thereby contribute to heating the house (especially in winter)?

: Idea: :?:
0 x
equipment
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by equipment » 25/06/07, 21:44

Hello ! nan me it not seem that it exists! but I pensse that there would be problems of maintenance and operation related to its quality of water.
In the hospital of Nantes there is an exchange system that recovers the washing water calories. But this heat exchanger is coupled with a valve 4 channels for alternating the flow of water in both directions. (Avoids deposits)

++
0 x
the SERREvitude
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/06/07, 22:06

Yes bacterial problems would be a problem ... especially since it would be technically impossible (or very difficult) to separate waste water cold of used warm water ... because generally there more product cold water as warm water ...

Finally the game may not be worth the candle (except maybe when it's freezing to keep a "room" out of frost?) ...
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 25/06/07, 22:31

If it exists ... There in Germany it seems CAP using water sewers as a heat source.
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Flytox

by Flytox » 25/06/07, 22:55

Bonjour à tous

To recover some of the heat of hot water in the shower, I had thought to turn the discharge pipe of the shower exchanger.

This passing the cold water pipe that goes to heating water inside the drain hose from the shower. The Heat would be used somehow switched 'off'.

This is certainly possible if the water heater is very close to the shower (like behind the division).

By cons can easily regulate your such a system ???
I do not think that the gas water heater monitors t ° input and I fear the worst temperature jolts. (Alternating lobster Scottish shower) : Mrgreen:

With an electric water heater and electronically controlled it is certainly possible.
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/06/07, 23:39

I had thought too: passing the waste water through a heat exchanger which is part 2ieme crossed by cold water.

A few months after I saw that they existed and it was sold (a fortune: € 500) on a living room ...

There is no problem of regulation: once the heat exchange is "operational", it would be enough to reduce a little the arrival of hot water with the mixer ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/07/07, 13:23

The idea is actually not that bad since serious research are above:

Seen on: https://www.econologie.com/forums/synthese-r ... t3797.html
0 x
Objectif4
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Objectif4 » 11/10/07, 00:07

Hello,
I am very interested in the subject.

The technique air to grow in Canada.

I found this:

"Renovate your home and become eligible for a grant!
Install a heat recovery unit Drainage. Grants are based on the length of the pipe installed.
• three quarters (3/4) of a meter to one (1) meter (* per device installed) * $ 50 $ "

sure : http://oee.nrcan.gc.ca/residentiel/pers ... cfm?attr=4

I do not have much other information, except the announced recovery of 50%.

A look at solar water heater makes a 60% average economy, even with a device to € 500, here seems excellent!

I'm interested in any information about the products, the implementation, the results provided in real ...
0 x
ecolomiste
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by ecolomiste » 05/11/07, 21:16

I thought 1 calories a recovery system in this genre and I think the best way to do this would be to install 1 upstream heater tank of cold water supply to the bathroom, regulation temperature would be ensured by the installation of thermostatic mixing valve (constant temperature selected) .for fight against fouling (inevitable) there are only soda with very hot water (not green I know)
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 05/11/07, 23:17

Hello Ecolomiste

ecolomiste wrote:I thought 1 calories a recovery system in this genre and I think the best way to do this would be to install 1 upstream heater tank of cold water supply to the bathroom ...

I not quite understand the system you propose, if you have a ball heated upstream of a recovery exchanger, there are more calories to recover ??? You could make a diagram?

If you wanted to talk about a balloon to store 'lukewarm' water, that's good and not good, if it stays too long "lukewarm" we can have a big problem of bacterial development (with risk of health). There is a minimum temperature imposed (regulated) for hot water tanks of I do not know what temperature (55 ° ??) to avoid these bacteria problems. :x
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132