Dry toilets and "TLB"

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
little sparrow
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Dry toilets and "TLB"

by little sparrow » 23/02/07, 23:31

Bonjour,

I allow myself to open this thread here on a subject which is gaining momentum, and fortunately in view of its interests for the environment and especially the quality of the water .....

Let me also suggest you read the first part of a file that I devote to it on my blog, and meet you afterwards for your possible reactions ...
The 2nd part will approach the much more practical aspects, such as the personal construction of a TLB indoors or outdoors, illustrations by photos of various models, odor control, legislation, .....

http://ec-eau-logis.over-blog.net/article-5769433.html

see you soon
cordially :P
0 x
well hello to you !! ...
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by denis » 24/02/07, 10:27

no one is aware of this avoidable pollution, but comfort? a bit back in the air, who will accept that? before the final pollution?
strongly following!
a septic tank pollutes a lot?
the whole in the sewer do not speak about it !!!!!!!!!! : Evil: : Arrow: but it is far and hidden!
0 x
White would not exist without the dark, but anyway!

http://maison-en-paille.blogspot.fr/
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 24/02/07, 16:24

I am skeptical Image : Cheesy:
0 x
little sparrow
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by little sparrow » 24/02/07, 17:26

Bonjour,

Denis wrote:but comfort? a bit back in the air, who will accept that?

it is precisely much more an important advance than a step back, and without loss of comfort ....
just a "maintenance constraint" to accept, which is very readily done by all those who are aware of the interests of a TLB .... and who do not hesitate to go beyond prejudices ...

Christine wrote:I am skeptical

but still ... ?

cordially :?
0 x
well hello to you !! ...
Phil
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Dry toilets and "TLB" ...

by Phil » 07/03/07, 09:52

Hello,
bravo for the dossier you have produced!
I will build you a TLB soon (I may be starting today). At first I will make a provisional next to our conventional toilets and if it works well I will remove these.
You can find plans on different sites, but they don't seem suitable to me. I had the chance to try tlb made according to these plans (in short it is a cube with a hole on the top and in which we put a container) and I found myself in an uncomfortable position to "pee" (I am a man and while standing I did not know where to put my feet).
It would therefore seem interesting to take this remark into account if you want to put plans online (or advise the man to sit down).
I have a large (organic) garden and I attach a lot of importance to making my compost (it is the only source of contribution that I give to the soil). Many questions come to mind when composting the production of toilets:
- when is it paper (containing bleaching agents, softeners, etc.)?
- concerning the contribution of carbonaceous materials: sawdust and wood shavings seem to me the easiest to obtain and use, but do I not risk an acidification of my soil if these elements come from coniferous trees? The alternative would be to use mulch (shredded branches of various origins from the size of my trees) but then there is the problem of quantities (we are a family of four). I also think that sawdust absorbs liquids from mulch or dead leaves much more.
I look forward to the rest of your file.
If someone can tell me about their experience with tlb and composting.
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 07/03/07, 10:34

Bravo for this brief summary p'tit pierrot.

For those who are interested in the subject and who do not always have a computer connected to the net on hand, I would like to remind you on the subject of the excellent book "A small corner to relieve the planet" by Christophe Elain published by Goutte de sable (12 €).

You will find on the dry toilets everything you need to know about the history, the different techniques, the models sold or the techniques to make them yourself ...
An entire chapter is also devoted to the treatment of wastewater by plant filters.

PS: this is not an advertisement, I have no financial interest in the matter
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 07/03/07, 10:37

little sparrow wrote:
Christine wrote:I am skeptical

but still ... ?

It's a play on words little pierrot, Christine is not really skeptical ... if you prefer, she is a false skeptic : Lol: : Lol:

... I will be fired by Christophe, me if I treat his girlfriend of septic tank ... : Shock:
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 07/03/07, 16:35

Targol wrote:Christine is not really skeptical ... if you prefer, she is a false skeptic : Lol: : Lol:

It was just muddy humor : Mrgreen:
0 x
zac
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 07/03/07, 20:58

Christine wrote:
Targol wrote:Christine is not really skeptical ... if you prefer, she is a false skeptic : Lol: : Lol:

It was just muddy humor : Mrgreen:

but no (if it is well maintained) it's not muddy :P

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
little sparrow
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by little sparrow » 16/04/07, 18:02

Bonjour,

For those interested and / or who had read the first part, I would point out that the second part of the "TLB file" has just been published on my blog ...

This second part discusses the practical aspects of using a “TLB” dry toilet, is illustrated with illustrations and is supplemented by an overview of “good addresses” .... :D

After your reading, I would be delighted to read your comments here ..... thank you ..

To read here ..

See you soon
cordially :?
0 x
well hello to you !! ...