REX water saving knob ... and heat

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
FabricePaille
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

REX water saving knob ... and heat

by FabricePaille » 13/11/21, 09:10

Hello

In the middle of the installation of the thermodynamic water heater, I took my daughter to the DIY store and she wanted to take a spashower water-saving shower head (15 € at casto and 5 euro at manomano). Like everyone else, I knew that this pommel saved water, but I hadn't thought that it also saved heat.

The pommel works well, and the whole family is happy with the best pleasant feeling of rinsing, especially women for whom it is day and night when it comes to washing long hair, and everyone has seen a second effect of the sensation. jet power: the showers are shorter (personally, I went down from 4 minutes to 3 minutes in water)

Using the known data of my old assembly (electric water heater + standard knob) and of the new assembly (thermodynamic water heater + eco shower head), I recalculated the energy of the water heater and therefore the time of shower.
http://maison.electrique.free.fr/spashower.xlsx

Overall, a flow rate reduced by 33% and a shower time reduced by 30%; it is therefore more than 50% savings on shower water but also on the heat of the water. In summary, this device at marginal cost will save me around 172 € of water (34m3 or 1/3 of annual consumption) and around 180 € of heat (in electric water heater, 36 € in water heater thermodynamics). It is therefore a machine that brings in between 200 and 350 € (according to the CE) annually. It is a real tool of economy whose return on investment is done in a few days. To give a trend, with the shower head and the CET, I divided my daily shower energy cost by almost 10 (from € 1,06 to € 0,11) with respect to the standard shower head and the Joule effect water heater .

Big drawback of the water saving knob: the return on investment of the thermodynamic water heater has just doubled.

Fabrice
http://maison.electrique.free.fr/
1 x
Christophe

Re: REX water saving knob ... and heat

by Christophe » 13/11/21, 09:41

FabricePaille wrote:Big drawback of the water saving knob: the return on investment of the thermodynamic water heater has just doubled.

: Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

And that of the pommel? : Mrgreen:

On the forum we did comparative tests years ago, I personally have a misting knob that consumes almost nothing (6L / min fully but I do not use it fully ... so it must be around 3 L) .

I found these 3 subjects:

water-pumping-filtration / debit-reel-heads-de-shower-economic-in-water-t12498.html

water-pumping-filtration / shower-with-micro-droplets-misting-t10142.html

water-pumping-filtration / real-price-of-a-bath-or-shower-for-water-and-heating-t12727.html

Here I measured the 3 flow + zénithal: chronometer on 4L for the shower and 5L for the zénithal. Mixer open to the bottom on cold water.

Christophe in 2010 wrote:Here I measured the 3 flow + zénithal: chronometer on 4L for the shower and 5L for the zénithal. Mixer open to the bottom on cold water.

Result, reported in L / min:

"Normal" hand shower (= distributed jet): 13.3 L / min
"Karcher" hand shower (= central jet): 10.4 L / min
"Misting" hand shower: 6.3 L / min

Zenithal: 17.6 L / min

Attention network pressure at home is quite important: the neighbor had measured 5 bars a day.

So I think the fogging mode can go down to 5 L / min under 3 bars. So as I thought it is very effective (flat: it sends a little drizzle in the air, of course)
1 x
FabricePaille
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: REX water saving knob ... and heat

by FabricePaille » 13/11/21, 09:49

Bonjour Christophe

Indeed, users already noted a good improvement in rinsing. I take good note of these products because I have a second shower to redo. Thank you

Fabrice
0 x

Go back to “Water management, plumbing and sanitation. Pumping, drilling, filtration, wells, recovery ... "