Store runoff from a ditch in a pond for watering?

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
Ben33
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Store runoff from a ditch in a pond for watering?

by Ben33 » 28/01/21, 08:37

Hello everyone and thank you for this forum,
I look everywhere for answers without finding them.

The building land that I plan to buy is located halfway up a small paved road (10 cars per day max) in a forest area in Périgord. The ditch that runs along this road feeds an old pond of about 20m3 cluttered with willows, located at the top of the desired land, also sloping (approx 8/10%). This pond dries up in summer, and seems to have been made a long time ago to absorb winter overflows to the houses opposite.

It therefore seems to me, a priori, a good idea to improve this pond for storage and then to use summer watering by gravity (without a pump) by means of sealing, which must be reviewed.

Please tell me your opinion on the different points:

- Tar pollution in runoff? It seems to me limited but treatable.
- Authorization and regulations specific to ponds? I have trouble finding it in the RSD, other?
- Should this pond be mentioned in the deed of purchase? Nothing appears in the cadastre (too small)
- Other precautions? Declaration?
- Cost of improving a pond with a pro?

Thank you for your help
AM 33
1 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Store runoff from a ditch in a pond for watering?

by Macro » 28/01/21, 08:49

The development of this pond by a professional will represent a non-depreciable financial cost ... It is on .... On the other hand ecologically ... It will quickly become a magnificent biotope ..... frogs, mosquitoes, game coming from s 'water there, .... Watch out for the regulations ... There is a good chance that you will be forced to close it ....
1 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...

Go back to “Water management, plumbing and sanitation. Pumping, drilling, filtration, wells, recovery ... "