Leak on Gardena pump outlet nozzle

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
kristo
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Leak on Gardena pump outlet nozzle

by kristo » 24/06/20, 12:40

Hello,
I allow myself to ask you for help because I really struggle with my water pump.

This one is a gardena (brand not to choose as a booster but it is not me who chose it ^^) the engine is ok, the problem comes from priming.
The delivery pipe connects on a plastic thread (^^) and I had a brass tip that I had screwed ... and unscrewed several times. But last year it started to leak at that level. I repeatedly put on teflon, put seals ... in short nothing helps. I bought mm a plastic tip to connect to the plastic ... well it's the same it leaks. What can I do. Gardena does not have a repairer if it is necessary to change the nozzle it must be returned to them ... imagine the cost for a pump which must be worth 200 € today. I cannot order the body (at gardena the pump and the tank are taken in a plastic case of course). If I seal the two ends that are screwing I am stuck with the uncertainty that it does not work.
Would you be so kind as to enlighten me? (I add that I have no money to put back in a pump ...)
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Leak on pump outlet nozzle

by Forhorse » 24/06/20, 12:45

Don't you have a picture of the bazaar in question? because there it is not clear
0 x
kristo
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by kristo » 24/06/20, 16:14

I think it comes from the guard thread

IMG0019A.jpg
IMG0019A.jpg (275.05 KB) Viewed times 11550
0 x
kristo
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by kristo » 24/06/20, 16:16

I think it's cooked and I need to pump water quickly.
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 24/06/20, 16:20

Looks like your thread is messed up. Test with a tow or fixed (glue, putty) definitely a watering connection of this type:
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
jean.caissepas
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by jean.caissepas » 24/06/20, 16:24

kristo wrote:I think it's cooked and I need to pump water quickly.

Two possibilities for me (but which prohibits disassembly):
- Self-vulcanizing rubber bands that you would put after having screwed the other end (attention, does not resist too strong pressure
- A shot of glue gun below the tip to seal everything (very hard to remove)

In all cases, the thread must not be too damaged.

I know, it's not PRO's job, but if it helps ...
0 x
Past habits must change,
because the future must not die.
kristo
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by kristo » 24/06/20, 17:01

Hello, what do you mean by too strong pressure? because it can go up to 4 bars I think ...
I have some tow with epoxy resin ... but I didn't dare too much after the fitting that you show jeans it's small, at the pump outlet you have to put a delivery pipe of "at least 25 if not 30, this is what is recommended especially if we have several tips it seems. Thank you! If you have any other comments ...
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 24/06/20, 17:22

kristo wrote: after the fitting that you show jean : Shock: It's small, at the pump outlet you have to put a delivery pipe of "at least 25 if not 30, this is what is recommended especially if you have several pipes it seems.

It goes without saying that the tip must match your thread, I posted a photo to give you an idea.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 24/06/20, 18:57

Glue a Male / Female nipple of the same diameter to the original thread with suitable glue (PVC glue if the body is made of PVC and therefore also PVC nipple) or epoxy glue for example. Cleaning and preparing surfaces will be of great importance for the success of this repair.
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 24/06/20, 19:02

If not another solution, tap the inside of the outlet fitting to screw a suitable nipple (male / male gender with reduction to find the same thread as originally)
It is best then to glue the repair fitting with a suitable waterproofing product.
0 x