Siphon pumping documentation search

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
fifidibosco
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Siphon pumping documentation search

by fifidibosco » 07/06/20, 17:36

Hello everybody

I am looking for documents on the realization and use of this type of pumping. Technical description, performance, limitations, etc.
I haven't practiced Khmer for a long time :D
The goal is to install an aquaponics system without electricity.

Thank you in advance,
fifi
1 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Search for siphon pumping documentation

by Ahmed » 07/06/20, 17:55

Owl! I read Khmer! I even see that there are faults ... : Mrgreen:
More seriously, there is little information, but it seems that this can only serves as a priming system for a siphon, so it is not a pump and therefore it is not surprising that it is "free. energy ", since it does not need it ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 07/06/20, 18:53

Ahmed wrote:Owl! I read Khmer!

Green ? : Mrgreen:
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
fifidibosco
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by fifidibosco » 07/06/20, 20:35

Hello Ahmed, and thank you for helping out.

If I don't read Khmer, I read English. :D
It is indeed a siphon, it is easily reproducible with a bottle and two straws.
What interests me above all, in fact, is the priming system and the performances, in particular the maximum depth of the well in which we can take the water, for example.
I have seen this system work at Vietnamm. At the time, as it was not the purpose of the trip, I did not dig more. THERE were three meters of elevation between the pond where the water was pumped and the bottom of the barrel. It seemed to work pretty well. No pressure, but a regular flow during the two hours I was present.
It seems that the size of the tank is important, as well as the difference in section between the inlet and outlet pipes and the level differences between the supply source, the barrel and the outlet height. I think the tightness of the system should also be very important.
These are all these points that I would like to clarify.

fifi
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 07/06/20, 20:51

If I don't read Khmer, I read English. :D
Damn! You take away my illusions! : Mrgreen:
The information you are looking for corresponds to simple physical concepts. I guess the maximum suction height is quite similar to that of a conventional surface pump, since it involves the weight of the water column and the atmospheric pressure: to be confirmed by more railroaders than me in the matter ... On the other points, I will be more discreet, except with regard to sealing which is an imperative condition of operation. The volume of the canister, it seems to me, must be at least equivalent to the downstream volume of the evacuation pipe corresponding to the counterpart of the negative sampling height (is that clear?).
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
fifidibosco
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by fifidibosco » 11/06/20, 13:34

: Arrowd:

I will try to advance on the thing and would come back to post here if I have interesting results, whether positive or negative.

: Arrowu:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/06/20, 15:04

I do not know the topography of your land or the use you want to make of it, but did you find out about the side of the hydraulic ram?

Because rather to dream and waste time on "nonsense" of the net, the ram is a pump that has already proven its worth!

Here's everything you need to know about the ram:

https://www.econologie.com/plans-realis ... draulique/

gardening / ram pump hydraulic-design-and-manufacturing-house-t5268.html

https://www.econologie.com/belier-hydra ... conomique/

https://www.econologie.com/theorie-belier-hydraulique/

I did one a few years ago (hence the poor video quality ...)

0 x
fifidibosco
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by fifidibosco » 12/06/20, 14:06

Hello Christopher,

as for the ram, not possible here and, a priori, I know what I am talking about, I installed a good fortnight, the first in 1978.
As for stupid things, I saw this system work in Vietnam, it raised the water from a pond three meters below the level of the can.
Getting water through a siphon with a vacuum bottle is also easy to find on the internet, it's not brand new either.

I'll keep digging and come back here when I have something concrete

fifi
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by oli 80 » 14/06/20, 19:08

Hi all,

I seem to have talked about it once here water-pumping-filtration / pump-system-to-initiate-a-siphoning-t10860-20.html

and there is a lifting siphon system that existed but older
gardening / pumping-by-siphon-elevator-t5960.html

and here is a device derived from this siphon system gardening / belier-siphoide-t14201.html

there were all kinds of machines to raise water, some are still made in poor countries
try to search for "barrel pump" on youtube or google

good night
0 x
fifidibosco
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by fifidibosco » 14/06/20, 21:20

Hello oli80 and thank you for your help

oli 80 wrote:Hi all,
I seem to have talked about it once here water-pumping-filtration / pump-system-to-initiate-a-siphoning-t10860-20.html
The case mentioned above is quite specific because the outlet level is below the level of the water in the well. (which is quite rare when using a well)
As said in one of my previous messages, I saw this system operate in Vietnam and the water source, a pond, was at least three meters below the level of the bottom of the siphon barrel. The barrel was about 1,5m above the surface to water.

oli 80 wrote:and there is a lifting siphon system that existed but older
gardening / pumping-by-siphon-elevator-t5960.html

and here is a device derived from this siphon system gardening / belier-siphoide-t14201.html
A system like a Lemichel siphon is unusable in my case.
I should have said at the outset that my goal is to install a lifting system in Africa. So: anything that is complicated, expensive or dependent on a foreign supply is excluded.
I can easily find a 200l barrel in scrap as in the video, there is everywhere here, I can easily find pvc pipe, even if it is of poor quality, however find what to make a Lemichel system is excluded . (and if I find it I will have it stolen within a week of installation ....)

oli 80 wrote:there were all kinds of machines to raise water, some are still made in poor countries
try to search for "barrel pump" on youtube or google
good night

The video of the first post is a "barrel pump".

I plunged back into the mechanics of fluids which I had practiced a few years ago, the fluid being for me at the time air, but it remains a fluid.
At first glance it seems that the difference in weight between the feed water column and the outlet water column matters. Hence, for example, the difference in diameter between the inlet and outlet pipes of the barrel that can be seen on some videos of barrel pumps. In fact it seems that the length of the garden hoses is generally greater than the length of the supply hose, this is enough to create this difference.

In all cases it is necessary to provide for a re-priming of the system, if only to compensate for the loss of depression in the barrel due to the air dissolved in the water (and the air at ten cents is not dear ..) which will "evaporate". It also seems that the installation on the drums, the two taps on the top of the drum, is made to re-prime the system.
Some problems could be avoided with check valves or by increasing / decreasing the pressure by varying the temperature in the barrel, but that would be crushing a chip with a steamroller. In Africa it would not be reasonable ;-)

Fifi
0 x