Install manual pump 200m from a well?

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
luapmada
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Install manual pump 200m from a well?

by luapmada » 19/04/20, 03:56

Hi,
my well is some 200m from the house. I used it until a few months ago with an electric pump located in the house.
This one dropped me and for financial reasons I went to the water of the control room in my corner.
I would like to replace this old pump with a manual pump just to have a "plan B" at least for drinking water if the management should one day fail.
The depth of the well table is between 5 and 10m, I have to check this info precisely.
Is my idea viable? is it possible to install a manual pump at this distance from the well (200m approx)?
Where is the best place to install the non-return valve (house or well)? is it possible to install several non-return valves?
As you can see, I know absolutely nothing about it, your lights will be of invaluable help to me.

Thank you in advance.
0 x
Juju64
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: Install manual pump 200m from a well?

by Juju64 » 25/04/20, 17:11

luapmada wrote:Hi,
my well is some 200m from the house. I used it until a few months ago with an electric pump located in the house.
This one dropped me and for financial reasons I went to the water of the control room in my corner.
I would like to replace this old pump with a manual pump just to have a "plan B" at least for drinking water if the management should one day fail.
The depth of the well table is between 5 and 10m, I have to check this info precisely.
Is my idea viable? is it possible to install a manual pump at this distance from the well (200m approx)?
Where is the best place to install the non-return valve (house or well)? is it possible to install several non-return valves?
As you can see, I know absolutely nothing about it, your lights will be of invaluable help to me.

Thank you in advance.

Hello,

Do you have a diagram with the elevations?
Otherwise for the valves, only one and sealed pipes will do the job with a booster. If your idea is resilience such as survivalism, then we will have to minimize the power of the booster as much as possible, so the larger tubes to limit the pressure drop.
0 x
: Arrow: : Cheesy: : Arrowl: