1 propane cylinder 35kg installation

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
twentymak
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

1 propane cylinder 35kg installation

by twentymak » 09/11/19, 10:08

Hello everybody. I want to install ONLY ONE 35kg gas cylinder outside and connect it to my 4-burner hob + my gas oven,

I searched a lot but I block ...
I only see installations with two bottles with automatic diverter, I only want one.
Then since I want to power 2 devices at the same time I have to install a T and two regulators? or a regulator and a T?

If I take for example the gas installation of my truck, I have only one Camping Gaz 907 cylinder> regulator> T> 1 burner plate / trimix fridge, it works very well like that, but for 4 house fires + oven? It's the same ?

Thank you,
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Installation of a 1kg propane bottle

by Ahmed » 09/11/19, 10:18

I do not see where the problem is: you can connect a single bottle, just the connection (possibly stitched on an inverter) and, in my opinion a single regulator must be able to supply your two bazaars via a T ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/11/19, 10:47

Yes that you have 1 fire or 4 or 6 it is the same provided that there is enough pressure!

As on your truck, on motorhomes (except the gigantic) there is always only one bottle ... so the same, I do not see the problem!
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 09/11/19, 12:01

With a single bottle, the disadvantage is obviously the breakdown without plan B. To help manage the problem (without removing it completely), it is possible to place the bottle on a spring base *, platinum coupled with a marker which moves according to the weight of the bottle: once the device has been empirically calibrated, it is easy to know when the bottle is approaching its end and to notify accordingly ...
Why not install a second classic 13 kg bottle as a buffer? Missing space?

* or by reusing an abandoned scale ...
1 x
twentymak
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by twentymak » 10/11/19, 09:05

So in fact in my idea I planned to make a copper pipe diameter 12 with a free nut that will come out of the stack wall at the height of the valve of the gas bottle.

On the other side of the wall, in the garage, the wall regulator tap.

Come out through the wall, still in copper, go up to the kitchen floor and cross the wall again.

Then in the kitchen install a T with the two stainless steel lyres. One for the 4 burner plate and the other for the oven.

Regarding the management of the gas failure. I actually have two bottles, but the second I keep it placed next to the first, when the breakdown happens, I will exchange, I load the empty bottle in the station wagon and head for the LPG station.

Because yes I'm going to fill the LPG 35kg propane cylinders, I bought the adapter. Right now at the gas station where I go, the 35kg bottle is 92 € and the LPG at 0.789 €, 35kg of gas is 70 liters of LPG so 70 x 0.789 € = 55,23 € so 36,77 € savings each time you recharge.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 10/11/19, 10:57

OK thanks for these notes.
0 x
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 10/11/19, 11:29

Hello,

But LPG is not pure propane, there is butane in it. It's not the same calorific value or the same pressure.
0 x