Groundwater?

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
david.prilliez
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Groundwater?

by david.prilliez » 16/06/19, 22:57

Hello everybody

I just discovered your forumand I hope that, given the many experts involved, one of you will be able to inform me.

My wife and I bought an old house to renovate three years ago.
We have a high humidity in the walls related to capillary rise that we have partially treated by hydrophobic resin injection. The area where the house is located is wet due to the presence of a nearby river, and I suspect the presence of a water table high enough.
These suspicions seem to be confirmed since we started renovating a bathroom on the ground floor.
Indeed, the toilet being raised by a few centimeters for no apparent reason, I began to clear what seemed to me a small unnecessary concrete slab. And there, "splash!" ... What is this noise? ... By gradually clearing this slab, I realize that there is an old vault with the fleet below! This vault having partially collapsed, the former owners poured a reinforced concrete slab over it.
This is a kind of old underground cellar that runs the full width of the house (about 4m on 1,5m), with water well present!
I used an empty cellar pump to empty it to the maximum.
The problem is that the next day, the level was already well up!
As the access to the outside has been completely blocked, I deduce that it is the water table that goes back ...
This explains that the barn, located just behind, and whose soil is clay, has many signs of rising damp (salt on the bricks in particular).

We can even consider the creation of our shower in the state as we are directly above this vault, and that disbursing to the future receiver would lead us to attack the structure of it. .
What can you do in your opinion?
Leave as is by clearing this "cistern / pit / cellar?" and installing a pump system to harness the water?
To clear to the max, to install a polyane and to pour concrete (that will make a pair of m3!)?
Close the part I broke and open the access to the outside by installing a window at the outer wall?

In short ... We are a bit lost my wife and me ...

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Sincerely,
David.
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Groundwater?

by Forhorse » 17/06/19, 07:35

I do not have any experience with this kind of problem, but I'm pretty sure it's impossible to block the passage of moisture, you can put as much polyanne and m3 concrete you want , your house will always be wet.
I would first of all try to evacuate this water as much as possible, in priority in a natural way (gravity flow like a large diameter pipe directed far downstream) and if not with a pump with all the disadvantages that it implies (consumption of energy, maintenance, risk of breakdown at the wrong time, etc ...)
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 17/06/19, 08:01

in our swampy fields, we make drainages, namely pipes laid in trenches and in the direction of the slope of the ground.

it's a lot of work.

I found a video for a house:

0 x
david.prilliez
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by david.prilliez » 20/06/19, 07:39

First of all thank you for your answers !
A craftsman must come by tomorrow to analyze the situation a little.
The drainage solution all around the house would seem the most appropriate to reduce the humidity, but this may be complicated to implement because the house is adjoining that of the neighbor ...

Herewith some photos of our "discoveries" ;-)
If you have other lines of thought, I am interested

See you soon.

David
Attachments
IMG_20190617_173505.jpg
Under the vault
IMG_20190617_173505.jpg (465.02 KB) Viewed times 9261
IMG_20190617_173441.jpg
We can observe the vault
IMG_20190617_173429.jpg
After having partially cleared away
discovery.png
The slab that we broke
Découverte.png (687.2 KiB) Consulted 9261 times
1 x
david.prilliez
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by david.prilliez » 25/06/19, 09:34

Re-

After discussion with the former owner, it turns out that this cavity served as an old septic tank.
It was partially recapped, but was still in use 13 years ago.

We thought to break the slab that covers it, then empty it completely and pour concrete to redo correct walls all around.
Do you think that the water that rises from the aquifer can be exploited?

See you soon,

D.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 25/06/19, 10:58

well not sure that it is drinkable all year round ... the water table is in principle drinkable, but going back up, it takes care of various things, especially if it is an old septic tank ... : roll:

after if you garden, it can serve as a well.
0 x
david.prilliez
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by david.prilliez » 25/06/19, 13:09

Hello Remundo,

Indeed, it seems a little risky to use it for something other than the garden considering what the earth has had to absorb for years.
At best, we planned to use it to supply the toilets.

A+
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 25/06/19, 13:33

the toilet, it can also pass : Wink:

but you need a pump and a flushing system that stops the pump.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 25/06/19, 13:36

The best is a pump coupled with a small tank: it works on its own depending on the samples ...
2 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
jardama
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by jardama » 25/06/19, 23:00

I would like to equip myself with an immersion pump to raise the water from a well to a water collector to fill it and to be able to use the water contained in this recuperator for watering with a pump. surface that I already have.
I have a height difference of about 15 meters plus the depth of the well (9m) and a distance of 70 meters.
Does anyone have experience using this type of pump? I saw one that seems to suit (Marque Divertron / Jetly)
0 x