Nestlé Waters exhausts water from Vittel

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
Former Oceano

Nestlé Waters exhausts water from Vittel

by Former Oceano » 17/02/19, 19:27

The facts are simple. Nestlé Waters pumps water from the Lower Triassic Sandstone (GTI) water table and the water table runs out. This bottled water is sold under the name "La Bonne Source" in Germany.
The recharge deficit of the aquifer is 1 million m3. Nestlé in 800000 pump but promises to decrease to 750000. This water, for the inhabitants of Western Vosgien, especially the small towns of Vittel and Contrexéville is the water of our tap.
In the past year, commissions and talks have been under way, as well as workshops, infiltrated by nearly 70% of Nestlé employees and retirees, who have validated the creation of a pipeline to bring water from another sector of the market. the tablecloth and low-quality qualified surface water for the inhabitants so that Nestlé can continue to pump water from the water to the detriment of the inhabitants.
2006's water law gives priority to the inhabitants, but here in the Vosges, the successive prefects, the director of the CCI and Nestlé work to circumvent the law and to ensure that the inhabitants drink water of lesser quality.
In addition, a pipeline of 30 to 50 km will be built, and will surely be financed by taxpayers from Europe (European aid) and French (regional aid) and partially by Nestlé who wants to "co-finance" the 30 million euros. It is public money which will only serve the interests of Nestlé which will be able to sell our bottled water under the name "The Good Source" in Germany and generate profits at our expense. In addition, it was mentioned in the press (Vosges Matin) an additional cost for the inhabitants for the price of water - for the moment 0,89 € per m3 announced but what will be the figure at the end? -
I do not mention the environmental problems for the creation of the pipeline, ecosystems crossed, leaks, maintenance.
Nestle makes - as any boss or multinational - the eternal blackmail at work, but their numbers are already falling, the roundabout blockages by the unions of NW are the proof.
We can spark jobs for the creation of the pipeline, but tenders will be won by large groups who will often subcontract, use detached labor ... Etc ...

Help us, give our opinion on this site before Wednesday 20 February 2019 midnight, after more observation collected:

https://ssl.spl-xdemat.fr/Xenquetes/CG8 ... ns-53.html

Feel free to give your opinion, your comments, talk to you, because if a multinational happens to do this home sooner or later it will be your turn.

In advance thank you
1 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Nestlé Waters exhausts water from Vittel

by sicetaitsimple » 17/02/19, 20:33

former oceanic wrote:Feel free to review

Okay, let's go ...

Forget a moment Nestlé Water whose name is quoted if I counted 8 times in the message.

Is it reasonable to use spring water whose value according to the packaging seems to be 0,5 to 1,5 € / liter in France, certainly more to our neighbors, and much more to other parts of the world, for when one lives in the corner to wash, wash his clothes and dishes, his car, water his garden and in some cases fill his pool?

You can go there, my screen is bullet-proof!
1 x
Bardal
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bardal » 17/02/19, 21:19

But who sold Vittel to Nestlé Waters? And why would we complain ... That's the trade ...
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 17/02/19, 21:33

So as a former Vosges, and former owner of the area close to vittel-contrex, it seems to me (but I do not have all the details of the story) that the company of vittel waters has largely contributed to protect the quality of the water table and its supply by subsidizing, for example, farmers so that they produce in an "organic" way or in any case with the fewest pesticides possible (among other nuisances that agriculture can cause in this breeding region)
If this is true, it seems normal to me that they continue to profit from the investments they have made at this level. Without this; the quality of the water delivered to the inhabitants would perhaps not be as good, it would perhaps be necessary to treat it in a more "aggressive" way and in the end would still be more expensive.
info or intox ? I do not know, I do not have the version of all the parties involved.

If I do not agree with the first comment, the value added to this water sold in bottle is much greater than if it was sold at the tap like ordinary water. It's good for the economy, GDP, employment ...

Now Nestlé Waters has never really done well in the vicinity of the sources they operate ... including the United States where we know that the environment is not the biggest concern of its citizens.
We can also oppose the ecological issue of selling at the other end of the world, in plastic bottles, a product that is ultimately only water and which almost everywhere in the world is in abundance for little we take the trouble to protect this resource.

So remains to know what is the most important?
the economy, yolo mode ... we do not care about the environmental impact of our actions, anyway we are already fucked so much gorging max.
or the environment, and in this case we must openly question the business of bottled water that is still ultimately a pure aberration (although I must admit that I sometimes consume some Vittel, Badoit and other San Pellegrino ...)
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 17/02/19, 21:50

Forhorse wrote:We can also oppose the ecological issue of selling at the other end of the world, in plastic bottles, a product that is ultimately only water and which almost everywhere in the world is in abundance for little we take the trouble to protect this resource.

To avoid any doubt, I always found it ridiculous to discover in Japan or the US a bottle of Vittel or Evian sold around 5 €.

And for my part at home, I have never drunk water that tap.
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 17/02/19, 22:53

Do not worry, I do not shoot.

Your question is judicious and actually calls for others:

Why do you use in France and in all countries with running water, drinking tap water for toilets, washing, watering, concrete, plaster etc?
Answer because it is the only source we have at our disposal.

Your question could become why do we have only one water supply and no 2, a drink for the bathroom and kitchen, a clean but not drinkable for other uses
The sad answer is that water suppliers prefer to sell us water more expensive, consumable for all uses (concrete, washing, car, watering) which we will pay the purification while it will not return to the wastewater treatment plant.

So we use water at our disposal for our purposes. But you should know that this water contains arsenic and is treated so that it is removed from the water distributed or bottled.

Personal watering or car, I have 2 1000 liters tanks that receive rainwater and no tap water in the garden with us.

Regarding bottling, for 1 liter of bottled water, the industrial process requires between 1,5 and 3 liters extra - wasted. Do you think that the inhabitants are wasters with respect to the industrialist?

Another question, you have quality water at the tap. One day we come to tell you you no longer have access to this water but we will provide you with lower quality water, from a mix of several sources including a low quality, and that you will be charged more expensive. Will you agree?

Now that you no longer have access to your water, the one who took it to you increases its profit by pumping more - it is not necessary to deceive oneself, the shareholders always want more, and in India Nestle has almost exhausted a tablecloth, leaving the inhabitants without water until they make a well and then put Nestle out - so why do not they do the same thing with us?

Question: Does he want to drink more tap water than bottled water?
Water that has waited in the sun for several hours on pallet, has traveled hundreds of km in trucks (many trucks come out of the traffic jams of Vittel and Contrexéville), so CO2, microparticles, etc. Water that will contain microparticles of plastic, dissolved compounds from the bottle. Bottle that will end in the ocean, dump, wild dump, incinerator with +/- dioxin + CO2.
So local water at the tap or plastic bottled water?

Question: When the law gives you priority for access to a resource, is it normal that a third party for its financial profit deprives you of what the law reserves you in priority, what is the use of the law, what equality there does he face this law?

Go, a little last: If a multinational comes to us, in a civilized democracy, with a legal arsenal of laws almost on everything, can thus circumvent the law, to prevent its application for its profit, what will happen in the future. Today it's us, at home, tomorrow it will be you at home. Will you let yourself go without reacting?

So your question is interesting because it opens a whole universe of other questions, and it must be asked of all water suppliers. But in our case the problem comes from the use of water for industrial purposes to the detriment of the inhabitants, the ecological and economic impacts of a possible pipeline, the spoliation of a legally granted resource, the fact of paying more for a quality product degraded.
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 17/02/19, 23:14

former oceanic wrote:Your question is judicious and actually calls for others:

Why do you use in France and in all countries with running water, drinking tap water for toilets, washing, watering, concrete, plaster etc?
Answer because it is the only source we have at our disposal.

Your question could become why do we have only one water supply and no 2, a drink for the bathroom and kitchen, a clean but not drinkable for other uses
The sad answer is that water suppliers prefer to sell us water more expensive, consumable for all uses (concrete, washing, car, watering) which we will pay the purification while it will not return to the wastewater treatment plant.

I was going to bed but I saw your post. So you will allow me to answer only the first two questions above.

The answer is: It would be much more expensive for consumers to have two separate distribution networks.
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 18/02/19, 11:18

The answer is: It would be much more expensive for consumers to have two separate distribution networks.
this reflection is only partially correct. In fact, all the water networks must be constantly reviewed and repaired and it is not too expensive to add an additional network of really drinkable water for all new or rehabilitated buildings. The initial investment is largely offset by the following potability savings. It's just a political decision that nobody wants to take!
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 19/02/19, 19:00

Janic wrote: The initial investment is largely offset by the following potability savings.

I can not resist considering the subject: source?
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 19/02/19, 21:39

I also have trouble believing in the profitability of the dual network ...
Already a minimum quality criterion should be established for the "non-potable" water delivered. Is it water from the river directly, with coarse filtration, or "clean" water not drinkable according to European laws but which would be considered drinkable by many people in other countries?
If it is raw water without treatment, will people accept a variability in the quality of this water? there is always a complaining that it is too expensive even when it's free when the quality of what we provide them drops ... (and there it would not be free)
In the end we would end up with 2 network, one for drinking water that would be little used, so with a risk of stagnation in the network and all that implies and another for water finally almost drinkable, so double investment, double maintenance, double billing and billing, with also a double network in housing and building to lead to a risk of error or a gas plant on the water points where the two networks will be available (when already see what the law requires for rainwater networks ...)
0 x